Game is bland and playing on Merciless is unrewarding as hell...

"Fair"*
Noblesse oblige
"
WolfStrike wrote:
ARPG =/= MMORPG

Explain the idiotic grinding of trash then instead of boss runs for endgame loot
Explain the retarded economy that forces the game to revolve around it
"
"
WolfStrike wrote:
ARPG =/= MMORPG

Explain the idiotic grinding of trash then instead of boss runs for endgame loot
Explain the retarded economy that forces the game to revolve around it

The following thread also touches on the economy issue:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657410

As for the grinding trash instead of doing boss runs for endgame loot, I kind of see your point. While it is possible to do Piety and Dominus runs with high MF, it won't get you the best gear (this is limited by the ilvl of the items and, of course, RNG). So how do we get the best gear?

1) Save all your currency and eventually buy the gear you want from other players who were either very lucky or who are very rich.

2) Get very lucky and win the lottery on a drop in a high leveled map (Seriously, good luck on this one).

3) Crafting and mirrors... this can fall into either category 1 or 2.

4) Become a merchant trader in the game and be one of the rich players (then your options become multifarious).

Ultimately, your first point is intricately tied in with your second point. The many layers of RNG, the hunting for the best consumable orbs that are both crafting materials and currency, and the rarity of high leveled maps all contribute to everyone being funnelled into the game you sum up as questionably being an ARPG. PoE definitely has some attributes of both an ARPG and an MMORPG: it's a hack 'n' slash game that revolves around an ever-changing economy (like the real world's stock market). However, IT IS POSSIBLE to play PoE without getting sucked into the trade world part of it, but I dare say you can't do this once you are high in level. I have tried VERY HARD to play the end game without getting sucked into trade. I want to say it's impossible, but I know I shouldn't believe it is. But it seems to be...
Last edited by Gemdraco on Apr 21, 2014, 1:13:44 AM
"
eralduspr wrote:
Yeah well... what to expect from a "merciless mode" right? But the question is:

Is it fair? No, I don't think so.

Let's be honest, this game is a boring grindfest for exp; No exp quests, no dailies, no bounty quests... nothing but mindless grind, grind and more grind...

Then, when you successfully manage to earn 30% from around 30 minutes or so of grinding, you get rubber-banded and die, losing 10%. Ok, that hurt a little, so you do it again, and before you can even get your 10% exp lost back, you die once more, and guess what? This sucks... a lot! Expecially if you're a melee player.

Well, my point is, I see this game getting new content like new skills and stuff, but I don't see nothing about versatility on how to gain lvls. You grind, you grind some more, then you die and lose a big dealof exp you worked hard to get... This needs a change really! I mean, this is a MMO right? Where are the dailies, exp events; stuff like that?

I like this game a lot, but you guys should look on this matter too.

Well, just a small feedback from one of your many players.

Welcome to hack and slash game.
"
TGeorge wrote:
4/10 almost took you seriously.

Never took this post seriously, actually the title was enough of a read.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info