Steam charts: ~ 7000 players

"
Alea wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Alea wrote:
i dont understand your statement, nothing constructive here.

steam charts are pretty accurate about the evolution in any way.

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All

I'm sorry, I edited my post. Look there, if you are really interested in the reasoning why most people don't know how to use the steam statistics effectively.

For the record, I don't say the game doesn't loose players. I just disagree with the drama.

i checked your post, and yes btw all games are massively losing players in first month, what is interresting is the evolution in next phases; steam will not lie about it
steam player base is pretty the same that non steam one imo, on one side we can have players that will jump easier onto others video games, on the other we can have players that will jump onto IRL priorities xD

I agree with you in the way that we have yet to see the stable player base of the steam client (Although your all-time charts show a slower regression now at the end). However it would be nuts to say that Steam playerbase and non-Steam playerbase is the same, especially as Steam players are easier drawn to other games (Steam is a market place doing effective advertisement!) and the Steam charts do not include Asian and Russian player numbers.

Also GGG might be able to add a substantial amount of stable players once they localize the game. Many people hold off because they can't read/speak English or are not comfortable with it. I even heard of a Brazil Localization being in production.

Either way, I agree anyway so there is no point in a long-lived discussion. :D
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 20, 2014, 7:16:29 PM
I'm not about to get involved with the bullshit in this thread, so I'm not reading anything other than the OP.

Call of Duty: Ghosts NEVER has more than 7,000 players online, and that's only once a week. On average, it's about 3,000 a day. Whenever I get on, I have a bigger problem finding people than anything else.

So Path of Exile kicking a big game's ass in players online goes to show you how good this game is.

Just my two orbs.
"Elitist builds"

Excellent criticism. Quality post.

-_-
Noblesse oblige
"

I think the steam player base is closer to the reality than you think; it's just a sample.
I would be not suprised if the non steam users are quitting POE faster that steam ones.

Cool speculation bro, did you hear the one about the WMD's?
Noblesse oblige
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SixSixSeven wrote:
I think he means builds tied to very high level items. I do also think it's somewhat of a problem in that too much of the game is tied up in items that most people will never own or see.

even with Solaris Lorica it is pretty much a given that any low life build is build around Shavs

price of Shavs not changed a single bit with Solaris Lorica introduction and there is a reason for that

Why would the price of the better item change? If you building low life on a budget, you have an option.

Lorica is terrible mate.

Low life builds rely entirely on ES, and they are already squishy compared to CI builds.

Lorica has fucking absolutely 0 ES on it, which means you need your ES somewhere else, probably helmet and shield.

Unfortunately high ES shields and hats are ungodly expensive, which means unless you like exploding half hearted ribbon slap lorica is shit
game has lost alot of players everyone knos this and can feel it in the game

GGG said they dont realy care how meny players they have right now that there good and new content will bring them back
the game is unrewarding (RNG, droprates, etc.) and time consuming and tedious (trading) like a real life job. that's it.

ideas on which this game is built are awesome but....but...but....but...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Apr 22, 2014, 3:40:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info