Steam charts: ~ 7000 players

...A far cry from launch. Very very sad for a FTP game that has so much potential. How can one lose half of its player base... ???
Bad design choices?

RNG, drop rates, elitist builds: yeah bad design choices IMO.
Lore, original story, no gold, gameplay: great design!!

Anyway, its up to the devs to get their stuff together...
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sigh... another one of these...
Sorry for the bump, but yes! playerbase might be decreasing according to Steam.
But for F**KS SAKE! Steam also proudly tells me my brother is online after having played with him in a party for the last three hours. Please, go take your doomsaying elsewhere. Thank you very much.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
razmania wrote:
...A far cry from launch. Very very sad for a FTP game that has so much potential. How can one lose half of its player base... ???
Bad design choices?

RNG, drop rates, elitist builds: yeah bad design choices IMO.
Lore, original story, no gold, gameplay: great design!!

Anyway, its up to the devs to get their stuff together...

Just wondering
Do you know that there are a lot of people who play with non-Steam client?..

And also that:
"
razmania wrote:
elitist builds

Like... Which builds?
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
inb4 'but steam sample is not representative because it is just not representative'

sad fact is that steam chart just got below that of eve of SoTV release. entire growth created by 'expansion' launch gone.

it is ofc steam chart, and standalone client is just breaking records after records, naturally

it is not rainbows and unicorns here and on 25th serious portion of hardcore GAMERS (not traders) will log on to Dark Souls 2. i just hope they really created mouse/kb controls this time as i hate playing with gamepad
Wtf is an elitist build
I think he means builds tied to very high level items. I do also think it's somewhat of a problem in that too much of the game is tied up in items that most people will never own or see.
"
SixSixSeven wrote:
I think he means builds tied to very high level items. I do also think it's somewhat of a problem in that too much of the game is tied up in items that most people will never own or see.

even with Solaris Lorica it is pretty much a given that any low life build is build around Shavs

price of Shavs not changed a single bit with Solaris Lorica introduction and there is a reason for that
too bad there are only 7k active player on poe. btw what is STEAM?
I don't think Steam Charts can be taken as a sign of doom about the playerbase decreasing, many people don't use it and if you google "Path of Exile" it won't be the Steam page you'll find first.

At the same time it most certainly is a sign of the playerbase not increasing, at least not as much as it could. Steam is a massive platform that could bring a lot of potential customers, especially for more niche games like PoE. Grand strategy games, indy pixel-art games, atmospheric horror games and many more all feature frequently on Steam's store-front and many of them get plenty of sales to keep their devs going. None of them are anywhere near what you could call part of the casual mainstream, just like PoE.

The current state of PoE on Steam is in no way a sign of PoE dying, far from it. It is however undeniably an opportunity that was missed.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SixSixSeven wrote:

even with Solaris Lorica it is pretty much a given that any low life build is build around Shavs

price of Shavs not changed a single bit with Solaris Lorica introduction and there is a reason for that

Why would the price of the better item change? If you building low life on a budget, you have an option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info