Corrupting Blood is Waaaaaaaaay Overpowered

This biggest problem with CB is that the mod on flasks is remove, it does not prevent the stacks from immediately being put back on character, so even though you wiped the charges alot of the mobs with it, place it back a very fast rate, so you only get a split second of immunity before you back to 20 stacks.

If you put remove bleeding on something like your quicksilver flask, the immunity should last the entire duration.
You guys think incinerate has it bad? Firestorm has it way worse. Incinerate at least stops when you stop pressing the button. Incinerate lasts seconds and it can hit more time than incinerate if you stack it into an area and the corrupted blood mod runs in. It's pretty much lel dead. So yeah make bleeding flask give immunity for a few seconds.
"
People who claim CB isn't OP just hasn't seen it in action with a fast attacking build.

I use a ST build that has 4.8 APS and I've done an incinerate build in nemesis and a multistrike + melee splash build in nemesis as well. These are builds that all get 20 stacks in an instant.

People who claim CB isn't OP probably played nemesis so know how good people have it in these normal leagues. It's extremely easy to counter.

I used 2 bleed flasks on my melee splash build due to how fast I would get stacks and was still able to beat all CB rares(including double damage colossus skellies/golems/devourers that have very strong CB)
Last edited by kasub on Apr 20, 2014, 11:12:36 AM
"
Weslie wrote:
Of all the most dangerous threats in this game, Corrupting Blood is one of the easiest to play around. It is not in any way overpowered.

it is actually way over powered in the fact, yes it can be handled, but it can EASILY be missed and kill you before you even know you have it. Unlike the other OP Nemesis mod Storm Herald, which there is NOWAY to miss that, lol.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
"
agbudar wrote:
you guys do realize there are more things that punish evasion then high armor right?
purely from a balance point of view this is not right.

that being said id say carry some granite flasks around they reduce the damage by a great deal so it becomes manageable

corrupted blood is all physical damage

Armour has no effect on damage over time.

Unless it mitigates the initial hit from a puncture, in which case while it technically doesn't reduce the DoT, it does make the DoT a much, much smaller (almost negligable) amount.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
UnderOmerta wrote:
People who claim CB isn't OP just hasn't seen it in action with a fast attacking build. You pick up 20 stacks in an instant on some giant skeleton or bear with extra phys in a fleet map and try to hit your bleeding flask in time. I dare you.

It's just another one of those binary decisions in this game that make no sense. There's plenty of builds that never build up CB charges.

Honey, i used to get 10 stacks in under a second with my ex bower back in Nemesis; and yet i had no problem to deal with that.

It's perfectly counterable, if you're not fast enough to cunter it, then you die, simple
"
"
agbudar wrote:
you guys do realize there are more things that punish evasion then high armor right?

that being said id say carry some granite flasks around they reduce the damage by a great deal so it becomes manageable

really? cuz i noticed a significant drop in DoT to a char that tested it out before and after i took iron reflexes.
"
"
agbudar wrote:

really? cuz i noticed a significant drop in DoT to a char that tested it out before and after i took iron reflexes.

edit:

i did notice that if you use the flask during Corrupted blood effect (or during puncture dot) it doesn't affect it. but if you take it before i did notice some drop in damage taken.
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
UnderOmerta wrote:
People who claim CB isn't OP just hasn't seen it in action with a fast attacking build. You pick up 20 stacks in an instant on some giant skeleton or bear with extra phys in a fleet map and try to hit your bleeding flask in time. I dare you.

It's just another one of those binary decisions in this game that make no sense. There's plenty of builds that never build up CB charges.

Honey, i used to get 10 stacks in under a second with my ex bower back in Nemesis; and yet i had no problem to deal with that.

It's perfectly counterable, if you're not fast enough to cunter it, then you die, simple

lol, buddy, you aren't the only one to have played Nemesis. There's plenty of players that played Nemesis, myself included. I played a 5.5 APS ST dagger in Nemesis and I know that CB is manageable in most situations. It's just the way the mod stacks with certain mods. I've seen characters far tankier than me melt in less than a second given a combination of map and monster mods. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to find a extra phys bonecrusher on a 75+ fleet map and see how much time you can hit your staunching on a 20 stack. Enjoy.
Corrupting blood guide: deal the boss as much damage as you can (and get 20 stacks of it). then use a flask with 'removes bleeding' mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info