Corrupting Blood is Waaaaaaaaay Overpowered

"
agbudar wrote:
you guys do realize there are more things that punish evasion then high armor right?
purely from a balance point of view this is not right.

that being said id say carry some granite flasks around they reduce the damage by a great deal so it becomes manageable

corrupted blood is all physical damage

Armour has no effect on damage over time.
"
"
agbudar wrote:
you guys do realize there are more things that punish evasion then high armor right?

that being said id say carry some granite flasks around they reduce the damage by a great deal so it becomes manageable

it has - indirectly - on puncture. armor significantly reduces damage over time from puncture via reducing initial hit (the base of puncture bleed). so yes, technically DoT is not affected, but the DoT value can be.

puncture is one of mechanics that clearly shows that evasion < armor
Not a big deal with Flask of Staunching
It's a good, challenging mod, with some caveats. Ideally, it's the way reflect always should have worked, because it applies as a DoT rather than instantly, and it always allows you to back off and let the stacks drop. Whereas reflect is simply a damage cap that you have to build around because of the possibility of simply one-shotting yourself to densely clustered packs. I don't necessarily agree with the high max stack count for CB, but it's within the ballpark of reasonable.

The real problem is its scaling with monster attack damage rather than as a level-based set amount regardless of monster type. It makes it completely trivial at 20 stacks from a squid, and terrifying at 5 from a subphys devourer. Same issue with Volatile, these should be effectively spells, while still getting modifiers like rare mods and map mods.
As it is in terms of damage and ability to be countered, CB is fine. However, you have a reflect mechanic whose only feedback is a small icon in the corner of your screen and your VERY quickly approaching death. Assuming you're a normal person, you don't look at the mods of most rares you find, at least not often or intentionally. As such, like reflect monsters, it needs a visual so that you don't attempt to kill the enemy only to find yourself with half a second to pop a flask before you die.
I agree corrupting blood needs to be looked at again by the Devs. Many of the damage over time mods need to be balanced.
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's not.

/thread

Got to agree with this guy. Remove bleeding > Done.

If anything, i think it's "too fast" in what it does. It should be a charge-timer or something.

regardless, not overpowered.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
"
agbudar wrote:

it has - indirectly - on puncture. armor significantly reduces damage over time from puncture via reducing initial hit (the base of puncture bleed). so yes, technically DoT is not affected, but the DoT value can be.

puncture is one of mechanics that clearly shows that evasion < armor

It has no effect on corrupted blood to be more clear.

Only endurance charge/immortal call affects corrupted blood. You will take the same amount of damage whether 50k armor or 100 armor.
Spoiler
I'm just gonna pretty much copy/paste my post from an earlier, very similar thread about CB

CB is pretty much fine as it is atm. If you have problems with CB, then it is likely that you're not using staunching flasks.

If you have a build that hits very fast, then you'll obviously get 20 stacks fast too -> get 20 stacks (or whatever amount of stacks starts to degen your hp rapidly, should be close to 20 if you have any life leech or regen) and hit staunching. Rinse and repeat. If you run out of charges, kill some trash and just attack again. I have played chars with fairly low armour (apparently armour doesn't have an effect on CB tho) but with quite high leech/regen and never had any issues with CB in Nemesis/HC/Invasion. Granted, I can see some builds having no choice but to skip some of the CB rares in some extreme situations but that happens so rarely that I don't really feel like it's a problem. Also, I'm fairly sure endurance charges and Immortal Call help too.

I agree that it would be nice if CB rares had some sort of an aura around them tho.
People who claim CB isn't OP just hasn't seen it in action with a fast attacking build. You pick up 20 stacks in an instant on some giant skeleton or bear with extra phys in a fleet map and try to hit your bleeding flask in time. I dare you.

It's just another one of those binary decisions in this game that make no sense. There's plenty of builds that never build up CB charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info