Corrupting Blood is Waaaaaaaaay Overpowered

If you won't removed this fun-killing, worst-idea-of-a-mod from the game, could you please, at least, balance it a little. My culler, using a level 1 incinerate with GMP doing only 11.4 DPS, dies in seconds from a single shot on a monster who has this mod. This is the most unbalanced, one-hit mechanic we've seen yet. I'd love to see this mod dumped but if that isn't gonna happen then please balance it. The point of the game is fun and this mod makes the game not fun.

Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Apr 19, 2014, 6:14:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have a level 86 Incinerator in Ambush. It's the only skill I use to kill things. I have Faster Casting support and more cast speed from both tree and gear. Corrupted Blood is very scary at times, and definitely one of the key weaknesses of Incinerate builds, but it is not OP. I've died to it exactly once, and that death involved me accidentally shifting my hand to a different spot in the keyboard such that pressing the keys would not activate flasks. Couldn't really complain about dying with a mistake like that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 19, 2014, 6:18:09 PM
Of all the most dangerous threats in this game, Corrupting Blood is one of the easiest to play around. It is not in any way overpowered.
Yeah, easy if you have a build set to do so. I do not, therefore, it's OP. You shouldn't need a specific build to defeat or bypass a mod, that's just stupid. Remove bleeding doesn't help either unless you can continually refill your potion. This is a per-hit mod, so melee builds that hit really hard and slowly and have high life are not affected much by this mod at all. Builds that have low to moderate life and hit many times for small amounts of damage get totally hosed by this mod. This is simply poor game mechanics.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Apr 19, 2014, 9:10:57 PM
"
Yeah, easy if you have a build set to do so. I do not, therefore, it's OP. You shouldn't need a specific build to defeat or bypass a mod, that's just stupid. Remove bleeding doesn't help either unless you can continually refill your potion. This is a per-hit mod, so melee builds that hit really hard and slowly and have high life are not affected much by this mod at all. Builds that have low to moderate life and hit many times for small amounts of damage get totally hosed by this mod. This is simply poor game mechanics.

You'll find plenty of binary mechanics in this game.

Don't have unwavering? Get wrecked by Xandro's stunlock. Have unwavering? Easy fight.

Don't have vaal pact/OP atziri gloves? Don't run a crit build or never attack into reflect. Have instant leech? Pew pew pew away.

Don't have high spell block? Run around in circles against Atziri or you'll rip. Have capped spell block? Feel free to face tank.

There's so many binary design decisions in this game that basically punish someone for not getting one particular node or doing one particular skill. At this point, it's likely that GGG just doesn't know how to balance their stuff any more because they added too many interactions. And pride is keeping them from simplifying their game.
I don't want to be a complainer, so I'll try to say this constructively. I carry around a remove bleed flask in high level maps, and I still almost always die from corrupted blood. The damage happens way too fast to even react (for myself). I aghree that it is un unfair mod at the moment and it is definitely not fun. I have never come across someone in the game who has said corrupted blood is a good/challenging mod. It can only ever leave someone upset and frustrated after they're essentially insta-gibbed out of nowhere (because its just too strong to counter/react to nine times out of ten)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Just in case it wasn't clear from my earlier post: Corrupted Blood is a good, challenging mod.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
I have never come across someone in the game who has said corrupted blood is a good/challenging mod.

It's a good/challenging mod.

In nemesis every enemy had a nemesis mod so you saw corrupted blood almost every map. People did not die then although you were far more likely to find very deadly combinations. You just need to learn to deal with it, especially when it's so rare so tends to be on weak enemies.
It's not.

/thread
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
you guys do realize there are more things that punish evasion then high armor right?
purely from a balance point of view this is not right.

that being said id say carry some granite flasks around they reduce the damage by a great deal so it becomes manageable

corrupted blood is all physical damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info