Heartbleed bug

"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
Forum contains far more toxic people than reddit.

On forum we can't downvote thus troll's affect can be clearly seen in every thread.

On reddit people downvote utter nonsense, and upvote a question which they want to get a dev to answer. This also make things easy for devs as they can easily detect questions that community considers important.

Finally, reddit is also an official source, so there is really no reason to think that forum is superior to it.

You know its funny. You should see the PoE thread on 4chan. The discussion is there more constructive than both reddit and forums. Guess why? Because reddit and forums are inhabitated by massive GGG fanboys. That's the real culprit. When someone makes a valid critique on GGG/PoE they start blindly defending them. And then a riot starts. On Reddit its just non-funny oneliners to whore upvotes.

Of course Reddit is a safe environment to interact in but not a very good way to get feedback on your game since any negative post will just get downvoted into oblivion immediately. You could even notice that when PoE reached /r/gaming, when people that didn't like the game for a valid reason were downvoted into oblivion. That's the stupidity of Reddit. Everyone acts friendly but meanwhile they downvote anything they disagree with. Mob mentality and populism at its worst.

It's 1 thing I hate about League of Legends forums because not only do people downvote inanely for no logical reason other than "Oh it's Isbox1 posting I hate his guts even if he makes good points - F that guy" - they then log in their 15 other accounts and run a downvote script. It's all pure BS anyways. Downvote/Upvote systems are ridiculously biased.

Reddit is a bad this u are correct her sir. It is a bord that is basicaly a massive circile jerk and back rubbing maraton.

Reminds me of the old Rotten.com boards back in the day just with 20 million more idiots
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
fuck
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
JoannaDark wrote:
One would think, that anything related to security, should be posted on the official forums, no?

Cmon GGG, you guys used to have a certain level of pride about these official boards...

I WILL NOT be visiting that link just to read something that SHOULD HAVE been posted here.

You didn't get the memo that Reddit was the new official forums?

I second and third and... take it to infinity... that we should not have to get official PoE news and info from Reddit. Any news from GGG about PoE should be posted here first.

No memo but the scuttlebutt is that Chris only visits Reddit because he knows that he'll get lot's more fan boy praise there and he can duck and dodge and not have to answer the serious threads discussed in the PoE forums. If you think about it it quickly makes sense to go where you get more honey than vinegar. Also makes sense to go where you can ignore the posts for which GGG has no fix or has zero intention of fixing (because they go around saying "it's not happening" often) and cherry pick the posts to answer. DOH!!! GGG does it here to so we're all doomed!

"Oh Great Pumpkin... where are you!"
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

Chris has posted about this on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22u8f8/heartbleed_vulnerability/

Kind regards,
Gary

Thats pathetic.

Also the answer from Chris assumes that no one knew about the bug prior to the CVE publication, but since you cant retroactivly see if anyone has exploited it, thats a very dangerous assumption.

It beggars belief that you are not requiring everyone to change password.
Still sane exile?
Er..someone on reddit asked a question, chris responded to it.

Someone on this forum asked a question, and the staff responded to it.

What exactly is the problem?

Chris didn't go and make an announcement thread over there or anything, why the fuck are people whining..

Also lol @ the guy on the first page "I will NOT visit that page to find out the answer" .... wat? Are we all 5 years old? My god and you people wonder why there is a negative opinion of these forums..
Im sorry dont mean to start crap but I play 5 different online games all popular to some extent and ever single one of em had Heartbleed Info right on there front page warning players and confirming there plans to combat it except for one: Path of Exile. Thats kinda pathetic guys you might wanna use your site for important infomation like this a tad more often not everyone lives and dies on those stupid ass social websites. Oh and for the record Diablo 3 even has Heartbleed info on there front page...bash away now fanboys could honestly care less.
Should they have made an announcement regarding it? Probably, but that's not what these three pages of bitching has been about, it's about people whining saying announcements were made on reddit...they were not.

I can understand a little bit why they might not have made an announcement and started mass hysteria since they claim they are in no danger, but they probably still should have made an announcement. But, the info is here and you know the answer, so there's just a bunch of people throwing tantrums over nothing right now just because they think they are justified.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info