Heartbleed bug

I was thinking GGG's servers are also vulnerable against the Heartbleed. Did GGG fix it yet and do we have to change our PASSWORDS? And did GGG change their SSL certificate yet??

Thanks muchos amigos.
Hi there,

Chris has posted about this on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22u8f8/heartbleed_vulnerability/

Kind regards,
Gary
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
One would think, that anything related to security, should be posted on the official forums, no?

Cmon GGG, you guys used to have a certain level of pride about these official boards...

I WILL NOT be visiting that link just to read something that SHOULD HAVE been posted here.
GGG - Why you no?
"
JoannaDark wrote:
One would think, that anything related to security, should be posted on the official forums, no?

Cmon GGG, you guys used to have a certain level of pride about these official boards...

I WILL NOT be visiting that link just to read something that SHOULD HAVE been posted here.

You didn't get the memo that Reddit was the new official forums?
"
Isbox1 wrote:

This is sad but true.

I absolutely HATE the fact that pretty much all gaming companies reveal info on reddit/facebook/twitter before their official sites. Sure those sites get more traffic, but what is the point of having an official forum if you don't even post important information on it, such as things regarding heartbleed.

"
aga110 wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

This is sad but true.

I absolutely HATE the fact that pretty much all gaming companies reveal info on reddit/facebook/twitter before their official sites. Sure those sites get more traffic, but what is the point of having an official forum if you don't even post important information on it, such as things regarding heartbleed.

To show off your forum titles of course.
"
JoannaDark wrote:

I agree. I only read these forums. The continued use of other forums by the official GGG staff, especially regarding announcements is weird and undermining their own forums.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Good job guys.
God only knows that people on your official forums don't care about whteher or not their passwords are safe from the biggest security exploit in a long while to affect a mass population to this extent.

10/10, would hire in my game company for full salary
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 18, 2014, 3:49:58 PM
Forum contains far more toxic people than reddit.

On forum we can't downvote thus troll's affect can be clearly seen in every thread.

On reddit people downvote utter nonsense, and upvote a question which they want to get a dev to answer. This also make things easy for devs as they can easily detect questions that community considers important.

Finally, reddit is also an official source, so there is really no reason to think that forum is superior to it.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
It's so fun how quickly threads get derailed by people complaining about posts on reddit.

IM UPSET ABOUT UPDATES BECAUSE THEY'RE ON REDDIT makes about as much sense as I HATE UPDATES BECAUSE THEY DON'T USE COMIC SANS AS THE FONT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info