New 1.1.3 Skill: Convocation

I do not understand all this love / hatred of summoners. This is not the real world, summoners are not a race away from the rest. We can be whatever we want in this game, including summoners. If you are hating improvements to summoners, you are hating yourself than at any time in the near future you will want to play with summoner.
The same applies for any complaint to improvements against a particular class. Do not be foolish and think XD
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Apr 18, 2014, 10:30:08 AM
ggg, i love you lol.
i hope the tooltip icon for this skill is a box of tissues.
People simply don't understand that different builds also have different purposses.

If you are a summoner, you are a great addition to a party, you are reletively safe to a lot of threats, and there are things you can't do alone. Like Weaver merciless, Dominus, certain maps.

But: Same goes for melee and ranged characters, elementalists, RF, you name it. There's always content you will basically faceroll with a build, and there's always stuff you can't really do alone. That's what makes this game great: You have to know your strengths and weaknesses.

As for competition: If you want to compete at a race or league, you have to maximize your chances. Therefore you can't pick any build you like, you need to pick a "coockie-cutter". Right now, I don't think there are builds like one whole tier above the rest. There's not the one broken build. Bt there are a few builds that are a bit stronger and clear a bit faster than others. Some because they are less gear dependend, some because the skillgem is a bit better.

And I am fine with this! Let me give you an example why: If you want to compete in a car race, you've got to pick the fastest car possible. Not the most comfy one, not the most flashy one, but the fastest. If you want to go on a roundtrip, you better pick the most comfy one. Both cars are fine, both have their merrits. Only different purposses.

GGG, there are minor things to fix and some things I would like to see in the game, but atm you're doing it right.
Last edited by t_golgari on Apr 18, 2014, 10:39:19 AM
We need new aoe skill with scale good with Dual Wield now after Cleave nerf. Please GGG.
I have never summoned anything. Smoke Mine is a essential part of my build!

I use it for its intended purpose. Blinding enemies and escaping bad situations.

I am not the only one. Putting a cooldown on smoke mine would break it for its intended purpose.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Could be useful this new skill.
However:
"
As a solution for people to recover minions that are stuck behind terrain. While running a certain distance away from them will recall them, it's useful to have an on-demand way to do this.

even with the new skill, level-design and Minion AI still need an serious overhaul imho. Navigating in narrow mazes is a real nightmare as summoner, the new skill may be an nice workaround but is not a fix.

"
Malone wrote:
please fix snapshot exploits

Why? Do you feel offended by (gem-)snapshoting? Are you in touch with it in any way? The only guys who should be annoyed by snapshoting are the evil mobs of PoE, not other players. Are you an POE mob? ;)
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Apr 18, 2014, 11:26:26 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
More Summoner Buff... when the fuck is Snapshot fix coming then ?

Fixing snapshot involves rewriting underlying game mechanics. Much more complicated than simply adjusting one or two skills.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
The community have become so poisonous and mean, I can't even read one topic anymore without seeing someone posting something just to troll.

At this point, I would support GGG adopting Rift's toxic forum policy.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Apr 18, 2014, 11:33:35 AM
"
t_golgari wrote:
If you are a summoner, you are a great addition to a party, you are reletively safe to a lot of threats, and there are things you can't do alone. Like Weaver merciless,

Melee Splash on dps skeletons/raging spirits.

Spam Flesh Offering to clear the corpses.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Apr 18, 2014, 11:36:38 AM
I guess I'm the only one left wondering....

Where in the eff am I going to socket this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info