Please nerf Mjolner (including suggestions in the last)

"
Xendran wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

lolstandard
Look at ambush prices.

Hot investment opportunity, stock up now:

http://poe.xyz.is/search/oritatarikimak

Last edited by RogueMage on Apr 16, 2014, 3:38:30 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Nemmerle wrote:
Yes, God-forbid GGG should release a new item that is actually very fun to play pay2win.

Fixed that for ya.

admittedly, I was pretty lucky. But luck favors the prepared.

Mine cost me 3 hours of farming and 27 Chance orbs. it's not ALWAYS expensive. Rather than simply complain, we could try actually getting the item.
"
With the new release of Mjolner, players are wow with its clearing speed. But for me, I just feel depress that I can throw my CoC and self spell caster to trash. To build a CoC character, to need tons of crit chance from passive and gear. However, you can do it in a much much much powerful way with just one unique - Mjolner. It deal much more dmg with cheap gears (you can use crasp as long as you got a Mjolner). You don't need any 5L/6L, crit, power charge and accuracy. You can drop your life leech and vaal pact as life gain on hit will do it for you. What you need to do is achieve 41x str and 300 int, which is really easy compare with the above. Also, considering the casting rate, Mjolner is at least hundred times of CoC when facing a group of enemy, let alone that you can save up you passive from crit to get attack speed, spell and lightning dmg for higher dmg. I still haven't mention the free +1 chain, right? Those are still okay. They are still not the worst.

The worst is that Mjlolner casts the socketed spell PER HIT with NO CD. For all CoC players, I believe that you have all face a case that you can't trigger any spell for more than 10 seconds since crit is rolled PER ATTACK. That means you are either roll a non-crit and deal nearly no dmg, or roll a crit and suffer from that 10ms CD. Nevertheless, If you attack with Mojlner, each projectiles with free chain will roll seperately with no CD. It means that it is nearly impossible that you can't cast any spell. Also, you can cast spell with same name a hundred times within 10ms since it have no CD!!!

Currently, str and int requirement cannot be consider as a downside of Mjolner as it is so easy to achieve, and once you achieve, you enjoy no downside with free chain and cast on hit with no CD. To deal with this
1. adding CD to Mjloner is a MUST.
2. "Hard" downsides like "100% increase cost of skills" and/or "50% less spell dmg" have to be included.
3. Most importantly, it have to be either
i) cast is rolled per attack on Mjolner (if it becomes to weak, it can be buffed in other ways), or
ii) crit is rolled per hit (if it is too strong, you can nerf it in other way. But I think that lengthen the CD is already more than enough).

Hope my feedback can help to get back our CoC and selfcast experience.

completely worthless argument mjolir makes your CoC build STRONGER
just think about it you put your main attack in your 6 link and add all the extra stuff you want to proc in mjolner now you have 4 possible proc's instead of 1 ... if anything your CoC build became 4 times stronger.
Mjölnir simply sucks on single-target dps. It is awesome how fast it makes screens explode. And on single targets the 10ms is hardly a downside. ST with LMP/GMP doesn't hit more often anyway, barrage has more than 10ms in between the shots (or at least in between some, it is hard to keep track of individual procs).

Barrage Wand-CoC is propably better against single targets than Mjölnir and that is what mostly matters. Even a double-strike CoC dischargers clears screens so fast there is hardly a way to improve it.
"
Emphasy wrote:
Mjölnir simply sucks on single-target dps. It is awesome how fast it makes screens explode. And on single targets the 10ms is hardly a downside. ST with LMP/GMP doesn't hit more often anyway, barrage has more than 10ms in between the shots (or at least in between some, it is hard to keep track of individual procs).

Barrage Wand-CoC is propably better against single targets than Mjölnir and that is what mostly matters. Even a double-strike CoC dischargers clears screens so fast there is hardly a way to improve it.

If only there was some kind of system in place to be aided by other players to make up for anything your build is missing. Man, that would be an absolute party of a time.
If it is not overpowered, I don't understand why so many players are rushing it including you guys. CoC needs not be buff (ok, you admire that cast per hit is a kind of huge buff). If crit is rolled per hit, the CD should be at least 100ms to make it balance. But that best way is still change Mjolner rolls be per attack or introduce an CD with at least 100ms in it. Currently, the actual problem is that Mjolner don't have a real downside. We can either introduce somethings like "100% mana cost" or "50% less spell dmg is also needed, or make it much much harder to achieve (for example, low life with Crown of Eyes is really strong, but it is so hard to achieve, very gear depending and squishy also).

If you keep saying that no matter how game breaking Mjolner is, we can still "enjoy" our current build, we do not need any balance in fact. You can even say "Why don't we need to nerf flameblast? Buff it and make it can reach max stack in 0.1 second and one shot everything all over the maps. No matter how OP flameblast is, it doesn't affect firestorm. You can still enjoy it, right?" Why we need balance? Cause it really hurt players heart when using a non-op skill.

Indeed, CoC is not the worst victim, but selfcasting is. Now it's like Mjolner>>>>>>>>>CoC>>>>Selfcasting. Make it simple, you can either buff both CoC and selfcasting (which may cause a serious problem), nerf both Mjolner and CoC (still an option, but some problems still exist compare to attack), or nerf Mjolner and buff selfcasting (may be some adjustment on CoC is needed. But at least it doesn't broaden the different between attack and spell).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Do not forget the steep Strength requirement.
412 strength is not easy to reach typically.
FOUR HUNDRED TWELVE & 00/100

🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on May 18, 2014, 1:23:24 PM
Go play with one, try to kill a boss with it, and tell me it's OP. I'll wait.

So it can clear trash at a good rate... BFD.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Go play with one, try to kill a boss with it, and tell me it's OP. I'll wait.

So it can clear trash at a good rate... BFD.

don't take this thread too seriously

most of the time threads like this are started by somebody who has like 3x of the item in their stash and are hoping it gets nerfed so they can cash out on Standard in a few months.
omg, other people have a much more expanssive build wich is "more powerfull" them mine, and even worse, they are having fun......NERF IT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info