Please nerf Mjolner (including suggestions in the last)

"
WeekendGamer wrote:

If the uniques are interesting, but useless, that's good enough for you?
You don't get anything out of it! What's the point?

I don't find useless uniques to be interesting. You can have interesting uniques without have them be over powered. Abyssus is not over powered and yet its still interesting.

"
But in POE only 5% of all unique items make it to the end game pool. 95% is trash by that point.
That should tell you something! If a unique turns out to be good, it's by mistake!

I'm not really a fan of the leveling uniques. I prefer stuff like Shavronnes Revelation, Romiras, or wings of entropy. The game has plenty of well made uniques.

"

You could argue if you buffed uniques so they become the best items in the game, then the game would become easier and we don't want that right, because we are hardcore n shit?

I still think its a good thing to keep rares as the most powerful items and uniques being the build enabling/interesting items. Uniques are easier to get than super high quality rares so it makes sense.

I also expected rares to be a bit less generic in this game. But oh well.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jun 3, 2014, 10:59:29 PM
there are lots of good unique items. They just don't worth much currency.
"
SA_Lumis wrote:
So what exactly is it about Mjolner's existence and other people using it that actively makes your build worse? How is this unique being in the game actively stopping you from using your character?

"Other builds do what mine does better now and they require less investment" is what I'm seeing from your post, which isn't a good reason to remove the item from the game or even nerf it, honestly. You don't have to throw your CoC character in the trash just because Mjolner exists.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1 :)

if you want nerf somethink, nerf the desynchro & lag with mjolner build ! why nerf fun build because a hungry guy can't buy it for 15chaos like 90% of unique items in POE
9/10 pm for my shop is "hi wanna buy your .... for 1c" please go farm and stop to be jalous

Last edited by osirisdj on Apr 25, 2015, 4:46:28 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
Go play with one, try to kill a boss with it, and tell me it's OP. I'll wait.

So it can clear trash at a good rate... BFD.

don't take this thread too seriously

most of the time threads like this are started by somebody who has like 3x of the item in their stash and are hoping it gets nerfed so they can cash out on Standard in a few months.

I don't know why you felt you had to necro this topic, but I think Mjolnir is getting a pretty decent nerf because of the upcoming change to projectile shotgunning. Currently, the best way to use it is with molten strike + multiattack + faster attack + GMP. This works amazingly well, because all the molten balls hit the same target (thus, proccing a lot of spells).

However, with the upcoming expansion, projectiles which are created at the same time will no longer hit the same target. I don't know if MS will come out of that change unscathed... but if it can't "shotgun", then we will have to find another way to do reliable single target damage. I used to use cyclone + multistrike + faster attacks... but MS doesn't work with cyclone anymore. Maybe if desync is thoroughly mitigated by the upcoming changes, we can have MS + cyclone back.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 25, 2015, 5:51:17 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

most of the time threads like this are started by somebody who has like 3x of the item in their stash and are hoping it gets nerfed so they can cash out on Standard in a few months.

I don't know why you felt you had to necro this topic, but I think Mjolnir is getting a pretty decent nerf because of the upcoming change to projectile shotgunning. Currently, the best way to use it is with molten strike + multiattack + faster attack + GMP. This works amazingly well, because all the molten balls hit the same target (thus, proccing a lot of spells).

However, with the upcoming expansion, projectiles which are created at the same time will no longer hit the same target. I don't know if MS will come out of that change unscathed... but if it can't "shotgun", then we will have to find another way to do reliable single target damage. I used to use cyclone + multistrike + faster attacks... but MS doesn't work with cyclone anymore. Maybe if desync is thoroughly mitigated by the upcoming changes, we can have MS + cyclone back.

From what i have heard, molten strike's projectiles will still all be able to hit.

They fire projectiles that deal AOE damage and the AOE can overlap and shotgun.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

No molten strike is fine.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Fireball also does AOE damage... procced by a projectile.

I think ya'll may be right though.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:

You're silly =x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Antnee wrote:

The big difference is molten projectiles don't hit anything, so even if it was a spell it wouldn't be able to shotgun. Explosions hit anything in the radius, but that isn't considered shotgunning.

The shotgunnig nerf won't affect myolner, nobody used spark with it and that's the only lightning projectile spell able to shotgun. Like I said in some thread, Myolner is a carrot item, so it will get nerfed only if GGG has a new set of carrot items ready.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Fast and easy nerf for Mjolner:
Spells, casted with it, still cost mana (or other resource). So to cast gazillion times per second, you'll need immence mana pool.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info