Make the RNG less random!

This bothers me every time I see it posted. I know what you mean to say, but I don't think you realize that what you're saying is not what you mean.

Making "RNG less random" means the random number generator uses less variable seeds to generate results; this means more dramatic streaks (such as receiving a string of several crits even though the adversary has a 10% crit chance), and does not impart better-controlled outcomes. What you, and everybody else who says this nonsense, actually mean is "make RNG less influential; give us more deterministic options."

Sorry for the derail, I just believe that if you're going to say something you should at least know what you're saying. Can we please stop blaming RNG for the systems that use it?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The genre didnt need to progress, look at where its gotten us. A veritable river of whining. These games have always been hard, long term games. The day you take that away is the day you have yet another WoW
HAIL SATAN!
Yeah. D2 was a WoW clone. /sarc
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
KenshiD wrote:
"
indestructive wrote:
Oh maybe for the chinese hard farmers and grinders which for some reason have increased A LOT!

Yupp there you have it, now play your waito pikku go homu western shit while we ching chonging hard in Path of Exiru!

你聞起來像醬油

Ok this made me laugh...
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
did you know that if you sell a chain belt +whetstone + wand/dagger/staff
you get a GARANTUEED blue item with spell damage mod.

based upon the level of the chain belt the mod gets stronger (ofc the mod is also stronger if you put it on a staff)

with

you will get 54% ish spell damage increase on a lvl 28 staff.

so much for everything being

:edit:
ow rustic sash adds physical damage mod.
again its based upon socket count(or the item level of the weapon havent figured that out yet) and item level of the belt.
Last edited by agbudar on Apr 16, 2014, 7:54:57 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
if only you knew...

you would say, leave RNG random

because in fact, you are getting shit drops because GGG manipulates the drop rate of certain items to make them rarer

Riiiight, <rolls eyes>

If GGG didnt manipulate item drop rates, everything would drop at the exact same rate.
Reading comprehension.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
"
KenshiD wrote:
"
indestructive wrote:
Oh maybe for the chinese hard farmers and grinders which for some reason have increased A LOT!

Yupp there you have it, now play your waito pikku go homu western shit while we ching chonging hard in Path of Exiru!

你聞起來像醬油

Ok this made me laugh...

haha Chinese Power over RNG
How does it take for a people to realise that "Crafting" is just a name.
"
Tom1989 wrote:
How does it take for a people to realise that "Crafting" is just a name.

The "crafting" system in this game is straight-up gambling. Just spam orbs until you get desired result. At least in poker and blackjack, you can count cards or play certain strategies to achieve a slight advantage over the house. In PoE crafting? Absolutely no user input. Completely dependent on RNG, RNG, RNG.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info