Make the RNG less random!

make LOTTERY less rng. i wanna be be rich. hell yea
Um, this kind of thread just needsto be closed: as it stands i love crafting, it's quite addicting due to the gamble, and i've rolled tyrannical a few times, i've also rolled a couple amazing rings, mainly just be patient and don't use shit items, it's recommended to check the ilvl of crap before you craft low ilv = low rolls the best rolls i've gotten during crafting have been on ilv75+ which can be bought white on the cheap, so before saying do away with the rng think ahead~ if they did it based on IIR/IIQ there would be no economy we'd just have newbs running around with GG gear without working for it there would be no sense of reward upon finding that dream item you're looking for.

remember
Item level
think ahead on the item type
farm a little, don't sweat it if you get abad regal, alts are easy to get i can get 20 in less than an hour so...in my honest opinion...your arguments are based on impatience and wanting to be handed stuff, if you want GG gear early go play D3 and buy it otherwise PATIENCE is your friend!
"
Silenieux wrote:
Um, this kind of thread just needsto be closed: as it stands i love crafting, it's quite addicting due to the gamble, and i've rolled tyrannical a few times, i've also rolled a couple amazing rings, mainly just be patient and don't use shit items, it's recommended to check the ilvl of crap before you craft low ilv = low rolls the best rolls i've gotten during crafting have been on ilv75+ which can be bought white on the cheap, so before saying do away with the rng think ahead~ if they did it based on IIR/IIQ there would be no economy we'd just have newbs running around with GG gear without working for it there would be no sense of reward upon finding that dream item you're looking for.

remember
Item level
farm a little, don't sweat it if you get abad regal, alts are easy to get i can get 20 in less than an hour so...in my honest opinion...your arguments are based on impatience and wanting to be handed stuff, if you want GG gear early go play D3 and buy it otherwise PATIENCE is your friend!

Teaches us a lvl 79 witch on crafting with eternals.....

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

"
Silenieux wrote:

remember
Item level

Teaches us a lvl 79 witch on crafting with eternals.....

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

"
Silenieux wrote:

remember
Item level

All self crafted:

It took me over 10,000 alts to roll a single tyrannical. I have arguably more patience than most players on here. Tell me more about how eternal orbs are all about patience or whatever. lol
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Apr 16, 2014, 12:15:58 AM
These games are all rooted in old roguelikes, which are ALL ABOUT the rng, and arguably a lot more ruthless when it comes to game mechanics and gear progression. To ask for less RNG is like asking for less cake in your cake.

This kind of game isnt about winning, its about not losing. If you want a real challenge go beat Angband. Go on, I'll wait.
HAIL SATAN!
"
spamming sparks which for some reason negate all lightning resistance even with the lightning flask up.

It does not negate lightning res. I'm going to assume you're not even getting 90% if you're still getting hurt.

"
You can chance 1 40+ex item on the first go or in 1200-2k tries! Why the hell is this so random?

That's the whole point of chance orbs? They're supposed to be a pure gamble.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 16, 2014, 8:15:30 AM
Since June 5, 2013 I never saw 1 eternal on the ground! The fun part is I saw a mirror to drop, not for me but at least I know for sure it can happen lol ... In nearly 3 years ye the rng for me is tuned on the bad side and kinda hate it, but u know I love the game :<

No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
indestructive wrote:
Oh maybe for the chinese hard farmers and grinders which for some reason have increased A LOT!

Yupp there you have it, now play your waito pikku go homu western shit while we ching chonging hard in Path of Exiru!

你聞起來像醬油
"
tramshed wrote:
These games are all rooted in old roguelikes, which are ALL ABOUT the rng, and arguably a lot more ruthless when it comes to game mechanics and gear progression. To ask for less RNG is like asking for less cake in your cake.

This kind of game isnt about winning, its about not losing. If you want a real challenge go beat Angband. Go on, I'll wait.

The genre has progressed. The Diablo series of BlizzNorth used RNG ranges which dropped obsolete affixes from the mod pool as you leveled. This made RNG far more enjoyable, as it allowed steady progression by coupling the quality of your drops to your character level, and thus creating a more consistent experience.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info