Client-server Action Synchronisation

"
shaints11 wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
I just do not get why GGG simply refuses to do anything to fix all the things. The first 2 months or so it ran fine no problems to rant about...okay there was a de-synch here and there and also the server lag but still.

Lately i get the feeling that the de-synch and server lag gets worse with every patch that is brought out. ( I have no real prove, but it feels like it to me. ) Also there are the occasional disconnects, i hat two of those tonight. The first one was when i was on the third floor of the Sceptre of God and saw the waypoint in the next room...i open the door and..."Hey hello main menu". The second time was just when i would have gone out and face Dominus for the first time!

I have to get up early tomorrow so i have to wait till tomorrow evening to try and finish the game for the first time and move on to Cruel. Now i play softcore so i run no risks with disconnects but it is freaking annoying none the less!?

Sorry to hear that mate. Atleast your in softcore so no real harm to your character except 7-10% of XP :P

Indeed, and XP is easily and quickly gained again. :)

"
shaints11 wrote:
You are right though, that the game is getting worse every patch they do. GGG needs to learn to fix there shit, or close up. They are developers who came from blizzard none the less with a shit ton of experience in the coding language field and they KNOW how to fix this.

If they ever knew that if they fixed their desync problem, the people will be happy and people will be fully able to enjoy the game on every character, every build there is, every combination. When people are happy, money will flow in. That should strike some common business sense to them right there....

Agreed.
Playing beyond, even my ping is 15 i still get desync.
I hope there is something GGG can do about it.
"
commonjunks wrote:

It's just going to fall on deaf ears :P

They could, but why would they? There still reaping money for a screwed up game net code, so in their business like minds, it must be good to keep it this way ;)

(No thats sarcastic :P)
"
shaints11 wrote:
"
commonjunks wrote:

They could, but why would they? There still reaping money for a screwed up game net code, so in their business like minds, it must be good to keep it this way ;)

Well many I know have left the game including myself due to this issue.. its a bit hard to get money when people arent playing the game because of a core issue, even though you were sarcastic ;)

Just dropping by to see if anything has been done about it.. apparently it hasnt :(
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
"
wakko wrote:
"
shaints11 wrote:
"
commonjunks wrote:

Well many I know have left the game including myself due to this issue.. its a bit hard to get money when people arent playing the game because of a core issue, even though you were sarcastic ;)

Just dropping by to see if anything has been done about it.. apparently it hasnt :(

To shay ;)

Sadly no they have not fixed this issue, and they claim if they did something about it, it would change their game, of which will never happen unless they were idiots to combine the netcode up along with their main core system files, then yeah it'll screw their entire game up.

I still play, but try to limit it, but I dont do large spendings on cosmetic shit anymore. It's not worth it, and theirs tons more games out there that I can spend my money on KNOWING that the dam game works, instead of like PoE where its a piece of shit due to the Desync.
In practice, this seems to mean that things sometimes get badly out of sync during fights with a lot of monsters (e.g. the delay when you open a strongbox). Sounds like it'd be because there's a lot of data being pushed back and forth at once when this happens.

Desync hasn't ruined the game for me, far from it, but I definitely am leery of HC mode, since one desync death means you're done.

Perhaps implement a do-over for the character if they die from a particularly bad desync event?
Or see how much we'll pay for co-location. How much would we pay for GGG to host (and update) a PoE server in, say, our apartments? :)

You guys use Akamai or something similar? Geography makes all the difference.
"
MarCNeT wrote:
You don't need to wait for a response from the server.

As I posted earlier - you post the movement / actions / whatever to the server - then forget about it.

The server, upon receiving the new information, would verify. If too many verifications fail - disconnect you with an appropriate error message.

That's essentially what it does right now, except instead of disconnecting you it simply doesn't disconnect you (Thus the client goes out of sync with the server).

Your approach wouldn't improve anything, it would just piss people off when they get booted every 30 or so seconds depending on how they play the game and what can cause a desync.

Your approach would work well, if positioning data wasn't at all important.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 15, 2014, 4:54:57 PM
So I stumbled on this page (I was actually flamed into it by a person who didn't like my Desync comment [not sure if I'm going to get probation or ban for arguing with a supporter], but after reading a lot of the posts here from actual and high level supporters I don't feel alone in this desync thing. :)
"
gunghoiguana wrote:

Perhaps implement a do-over for the character if they die from a particularly bad desync event?

Any reason why GGG can't or shouldn't implement this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info