Remove Temporal chain maps

"
gh0un wrote:
This thread is just about the fun factor of things.
Temporal chains maps make me fall asleep, literally. Its bad.

My problem with fracture is not difficulty, but the shitty FPS I get when lots of corpses pile up. If fractured mobs would disappear on death, it wouldn’t be a problematic mod at all.

Though, yeah, TC is boring as hell in comparison..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
gh0un wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:
summoners can do temp chains just fine, if you have a good quicksilver

same with some other builds such as RF

I have a summoner. I fall asleep in temporal chain maps.
It takes forever to cast skeleton totems, it takes forever to raise zombies (though i hardly have to do this one anymore due to montregul) it takes forever to get from A to B.
Dont see how your post is relevant at all.

This thread is just about how boring temporal chains maps are, not how hard they are.
Whether they are hard or not is completely irrelevant to my point.
Temporal chain maps take forever, dont justify themselves (not enough quantity when compared with the amount of time put into the map) and make you fall asleep, literally.

well if you need skeletons to clear content, you are doing it wrong in the first place ...

my post is relevant, I was pointing out that there are build for which TC doesnt affect clear speed but only movement speed ... and thats really not that big of a problem with a quicksilver and some ms from gear, Id say thats a pretty good tradeoff, considering the qual bonus for TC is pretty huge
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Apr 14, 2014, 12:56:23 PM
Movement speed + kill speed = clear speed

(movement speed * 0.68) + (kill speed * 0.68) < movement speed + kill speed

Just sayin' clear speed is slower for everyone; the correct thing to say would be that it is less of a burden for some than others.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"

The thing is, fracture is just a hard mod, not a boring one.

Going to heavily disagree. I find fractured far more tedious and boring than temporal chains. I gladly run a TC map occasionally as long as it has high quantity. Fractured takes forever, is difficult, is frustrating and results in crashes.
I like TC maps for three reasons:

1.) Together with other - damage-increasing - mods my char that is relying very much on movement (for safety) and positioning (for maximum aoe efficiency) is facing a serious challenge there.

2.) I'm so glad when it's over.

3.) Everything after them feels like I'm 17 again (for a while)
/signed

I made the very same suggestion a year ago. Guess what? No change of heart since then.
For my build, Fractured is even more tedious.

I guess, there has to be a pool of "undesired" affixes just to - uhm, I dont know. Seems that we just have to live with it. Maybe boost the quantity bonus for TC and Fractured even more? So those who can run them are happy and those who don't want to, they reroll
"
Jojas wrote:

1.) Together with other - damage-increasing - mods my char that is relying very much on movement (for safety) and positioning (for maximum aoe efficiency) is facing a serious challenge there.

I really do hope this is sarcasm.
"
gh0un wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
Currency sink.

The currency sink "maps" was removed quite some time ago now.
Implicit maze. Cartographerers boxes.
I am easily able to sustain level 76-78 maps with minimal investment.
I am still mixing in 71-75 maps because being able to play at a faster pace (more reckless to be exact) and in a different location increases my enjoyment.

Suggesting the removal of temporal chains maps is purely out of the fact that they are incredibly boring to play.

still TC is a currency sink. since most ppl reroll it since its way too much pain. same as bloodmagic.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
/sign

Blood magic isn't a common map mod, and isn't boring to say for the players that can run it.

Everyone can more or less run TC... it's just boring. It makes certain bosses harder yes but not in a challenging way I would argue. I also find TC to be a super common map mod to roll. Making it as uncommon as BM would be nice too.
Last edited by SamK920 on Apr 16, 2014, 5:29:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info