Remove Temporal chain maps

I have been playing poe for such a long time now because there are so many enjoyable things about it that makes you keep coming back to it.
One thing that completely contradicts this enjoyment is a temporal chains map.
They are so incredibly boring that i almost fall asleep while doing them.

Even if GGG buffed the quantity on temporal chains maps to twice the regular amount to accomodate for the fact that the map will take you twice the amount of time to clear it, i still dont think that i could ever enjoy a temporal chain map.
Running around at half your speed is anti-fun. Casting at half your speed is anti-fun.

I actually caught myself twice now that i stopped playing a poe session due to a temporal chains map. An arpg for me embodies fast paced slaying of monsters.
If the map is hard you have to slow down, but the additional difficulty offsets the slower paced slaying of monsters, because you have to be careful.
While temporal chains maps are harder than non temporal chains maps, i feel like the huge boringness that comes with running around so slowly and casting so slowly, is not offset by the additional difficulty. Its just incredibly boring.

Sure you can reroll the map, but sometimes the mods on the map are so great that you dont really want to reroll it, except for the temporal chains part.
Besides, having to spent an additional chaos on a map that you actually want to do is really anti-fun aswell.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 14, 2014, 7:16:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Currency sink.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Currency sink.

The currency sink "maps" was removed quite some time ago now.
Implicit maze. Cartographerers boxes.
I am easily able to sustain level 76-78 maps with minimal investment.
I am still mixing in 71-75 maps because being able to play at a faster pace (more reckless to be exact) and in a different location increases my enjoyment.

Suggesting the removal of temporal chains maps is purely out of the fact that they are incredibly boring to play.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 14, 2014, 7:25:37 AM
Yep, they aren't a challenge, they aren't difficult, they're just tedious and slow. I ran about 3 of em, each time thinking that it couldn't be or wasn't that bad. But it is. It's one of the most boring things I have done in my entire life, and I've done some data entry jobs that I'd call thrilling and exciting in comparison.

If you want them just as a currency dump, then please replace it with a map-mod that just says "Hardehar! Failed roll! Can't run this map! Waste more currency!" so I'll at least never get tempted to run another temp chains map ever again just because the other rolls seem ok. Any temp chains map makes you hate the game and yourself for being stupid enough to think that this time it won't be the worst gaming experience you've ever had.
Last edited by Fleve on Apr 14, 2014, 9:25:14 AM
i must say i can't play temp chains maps before i get to bed because i get these bad dreams where you can hardly move and everything is so sticky ... :-)

Yeah, I thought TC was bad, until they introduced fracture - a currency sink mod that directly attacks your hardware.

I still run TC, if other mods are favourable, but fracture.. no way.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Yeah, I thought TC was bad, until they introduced fracture - a currency sink mod that directly attacks your hardware.

I still run TC, if other mods are favourable, but fracture.. no way.

The thing is, fracture is just a hard mod, not a boring one.
Here i am doing a fracture map and i hardly notice any difference to a non fracture map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndqhzDDTHKs&list=UU2Q9tHoI_oDFGmCloW2gpkA
Same thing with my flicker strike duelist. He hardly notices fracture.

Temporal chains on the other hand will always slow down your character and make that particular map run boring as hell.
This thread isnt about the difficultyness of a map. The difficultyness of a map mod is very dependant on the build you are using and how leveled/geared your character is.
You can create a better build, gear up, or level up in order to overcome difficult map mods.
You cannot overcome the boring experience that a temporal chains map will result in.

This thread is just about the fun factor of things.
Temporal chains maps make me fall asleep, literally. Its bad.
summoners can do temp chains just fine, if you have a good quicksilver

same with some other builds such as RF
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Apr 14, 2014, 12:38:10 PM
It's like increased light radius and reduced attribute requirements. Mods that exist soley to piss you off.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Amiag wrote:
summoners can do temp chains just fine, if you have a good quicksilver

same with some other builds such as RF

I have a summoner. I fall asleep in temporal chain maps.
It takes forever to cast skeleton totems, it takes forever to raise zombies (though i hardly have to do this one anymore due to montregul) it takes forever to get from A to B.
Dont see how your post is relevant at all.

This thread is just about how boring temporal chains maps are, not how hard they are.
Whether they are hard or not is completely irrelevant to my point.
Temporal chain maps take forever, dont justify themselves (not enough quantity when compared with the amount of time put into the map) and make you fall asleep, literally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info