what do you do when your build is near complete

I love this game but I feel Im at a brick wall right now, I have a level 75 fire trapper in ambush and I can clear maps with little to no problems in the most case, I have my gear set for max resists besides chaos and 25/190iir, any better gear would cost exalts and I just feel burnt out on the game to constantly run maps and slowly aquire wealth with drops and chaos recipes. My main point being I hope GGG has plans in mind for the people that are content with there endgame toons after rerolling numerous times with powerful builds I dont wish to anymore nor do i find myself able to mindlessly walk thru maps to achieve max lvl or wait for a decent drop. They are too far and inbetween with the RNG and it leaves me wishing there was something more to give me a reason to grind. Even if a 6L shavs were to drop and I sold it, I'd upgrade miniscually and be back at square one with nothing to do but rerun the same maps where my level progession doesnt feel rewarding to my toon nor is the farming
1. Reroll
2. Take a break

One of the two, usually.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
reroll
repeat
quit
considering you both said the same thing I really hope GGG takes heed of this and solutions to it, I believe Atziri was a start in the right direction of other things to aim towards before boredom sets in. I have yet to find a midnight fragment though and since its in content only and not maps I can only do so much Sarn/Lunaris until my eyes bleed to never find the fragment after countless Vaal areas.
Push into higher level maps and get into the 80's in level range.
Or roll another char and go back to your other when you feel a desire to play them again.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I dont feel like rerolling and your other solution doesnt really solve anything because I have pushed into 77maps and its all the same and an extra 7 tree points wont change the lack of fufillment
This is how ARPGs work. After your build has reached a solid point and is able to overcome any challenge it will ever viably beat, the only choices you have left are to push forward and see how strong you can make your character or to reroll to another. Atziri isn't a good example of content for everyone to look forward to eventually as it is a map that favors specific builds rather than the power of builds not in the group. As I said, it's an ARPG... What do you really expect?
"
zSavage wrote:
Push into higher level maps and get into the 80's in level range.
Or roll another char and go back to your other when you feel a desire to play them again.

Agreed. I don't really think 75 is even endgame tbh. (or 80)

I rerolled a few days ago and my new char is already lvl80.

Neither of my main Ambush chars are anywhere near done imo. (85 and 80 now, + my initial 71 mf character that I started off with)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
Fonnypwn wrote:
I dont feel like rerolling and your other solution doesnt really solve anything because I have pushed into 77maps and its all the same and an extra 7 tree points wont change the lack of fufillment

Have you seriously pushed into 77 maps since none of your characters signify that. There is a huge difference between doing 66-72 maps and being at the level where 75-78 maps is all you do. You need to run ridiculously difficult maps to be anywhere close to maintaining 75+ maps.

Constantly doing maps is the biggest understatement at level 75. You can reach that just as easily doing piety or docks.

The real endgame isn't really till level 85+ when suddenly there is this huge wall to overcome due to the sheer difficulty difference.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 14, 2014, 12:21:47 AM
"
kasub wrote:

Have you seriously pushed into 77 maps since none of your characters signify that. There is a huge difference between doing 66-72 maps and being at the level where 75-78 maps is all you do. You need to run ridiculously difficult maps to be anywhere close to maintaining 75+ maps.

Constantly doing maps is the biggest understatement at level 75. You can reach that just as easily doing piety or docks.

The real endgame isn't really till level 85+ when suddenly there is this huge wall to overcome due to the sheer difficulty difference.

Where are those crazy difficult maps, I cant find them all those maps between 75-78 feel the same. The only real threats are shock and horror and 78 dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info