Drop rates for Uniques too high

"
That said, don't get me started on gated uniques and Atziri-only drops. Both push this game a little too close to the MMO model for my comfort.

This is a very good point. I left WoW years ago for reasons like this and have no desire to see these mechanics in an ARPG.
It just seems that they are way to easy to acquire for what they do.
"
it's because they do 'unique' things that no magical or rare item can ever replicate.

in a lot of cases it simply comes down to being outright stronger than what any rare can hope to achieve in that way.

look at the situation with bows. want to do high dps in a hardcore league in a super safe way?

VOLTAXIC. why? because it does great dmg and you're instantly immune to reflect. wtf?

want to melt stuff ele crit style?

WINRIPPER. why? same exact thing as an ele thicket/imperial except way the fuck better because you crit like twice as often. oh also, it has magic find for the fuck of it.

it shits on what used to be "mirror-grade" items.

maybe you are speaking of the original intention of the unique design, but it's quite clear GGG has deviated far from that.

uniques can now be basically the same as a rare, except better overall than an equivalent rare could ever be.

World of POE?
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 15, 2014, 4:53:00 PM
Voltaxic does decent dmg but less than rare. So, it counts.

I honestly haven't read the by the numbers post about windripper yet though.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Voltaxic does decent dmg but less than rare. So, it counts.

naive analysis...

think about how many skill points it takes to solve the reflect problem.

then think if you were using voltaxic, you could put those skill points into DPS instead and come out ahead anyways.

the only situation a rare might come out better would be if you are in softcore and you simply do not care about ripping to reflect. in which case, OK. you made a crappy build.

shrug

theres a reason voltaxic is worth a bajillion exalts slayer. this is nothing new. i'm assuming you just don't play archers so you aren't familiar with the meta
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 16, 2014, 2:36:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info