Drop rates for Uniques too high

Aren't unique items supposed to be just that, unique? Not something common enough for players to base builds around but something rare and elusive. Maybe make on specific areas drop certain items and GGG shouldn't disclose that information to players. Keep the game interesting and give players a challenge.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
everything in involving itemization in this game is back asswards

rare items are common.

good rare items are unique

unique items are common

etc
shitty uniques are common. anythin good is still very uncommon and worth far too many exalts.
"
Ptyochromis wrote:
Aren't unique items supposed to be just that, unique? Not something common enough for players to base builds around but something rare and elusive. Maybe make on specific areas drop certain items and GGG shouldn't disclose that information to players. Keep the game interesting and give players a challenge.

I like parts of this.

For example; i think that Shavronne's should drop from Brutus in Maps, and only Brutus in Maps.

Why?

because in upper prison, where piety greets you, you can read about shavronne's plan to utilize Brutus as a weapon and a last stand against the Karui invaders. It fits the really thin story that exists in PoE.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
I like parts of this.

For example; i think that Shavronne's should drop from Brutus in Maps, and only Brutus in Maps.

Why?

because in upper prison, where piety greets you, you can read about shavronne's plan to utilize Brutus as a weapon and a last stand against the Karui invaders. It fits the really thin story that exists in PoE.

Only if they keep brutus damage as it is, but give him shavronnes/crown of eyes and low life rf pain atunement. Else it would make no sense for him to drop that item.

Only igna phoenix can claim shavronnes. (given here rarity a 2.5% chance of it dropping from here would make some sense sort of :) also given here difficulty this could be justified :p)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
UnderOmerta wrote:
shitty uniques are common. anythin good is still very uncommon and worth far too many exalts.

compared to good rares, even the godly uniques like shav, kaoms, soul taker, are common as shit.

which was my point.

compare the number of 6L shavs to the number of GG rolled 6L chests.

there will be a fucking shitload more shavs.
"
Veruski wrote:
"
UnderOmerta wrote:

compared to good rares, even the godly uniques like shav, kaoms, soul taker, are common as shit.

which was my point.

compare the number of 6L shavs to the number of GG rolled 6L chests.

there will be a fucking shitload more shavs.

Working as intended
slayer:

does the same hold true when comparing GG rolled 6L ele bows....

to 6L winripper?

"working as intended"

lololol

the well rolled rares not only perform worse, but are harder to obtain. how much sense does that make

(hint: zero. fail balance)
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 13, 2014, 6:20:54 PM
Rares are better than uniques in the end. Only uniques that are over powered and need to be nerfed are the problem. Everything else is fine and working as intended.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Only uniques that are over powered and need to be nerfed are the problem.

lol

that's a LOT of uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info