[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

I've updated my build with the 1.3 tree but lost about ~800 chaos per second tooltip damage

I've chosen all the same nodes I had before, did something change the damage? like nerfed nodes or gem?

I can't find anything different, but my damage is lower for some reason.
Anyone have an updated tree for 1.3?
I've updated my poison trapper tree with the same / most similar talents, and I will also state that the damage output is MUCH lower. I didn't take pre-post snapshots, but I know when I see the Scepter Of God enemies take more than double the time to disintegrate.

Also looking for inputs / suggestions.
"
Spawnova wrote:
I've updated my build with the 1.3 tree but lost about ~800 chaos per second tooltip damage

I've chosen all the same nodes I had before, did something change the damage? like nerfed nodes or gem?

I can't find anything different, but my damage is lower for some reason.

Can you post your tree?
"
hasle1jb wrote:

Can you post your tree?

My build is for scion which is no longer updated here, but it's practically the same as witch.

If you want to update your build just use the tree on the first page since it's basically the same with the new tree.
Why would you use enhance? use Empower instead
Tried to build this for the first time in Bloodlines, damage seemed underwhelming even for a tanky trap build. I see ppl are reporting lowered damage, can someone confirm what changed?

I thought it was really cool to level with Poison Arrow right from the beginning.

I use +1 Silverbranch and Hyrri's Bite with plain PA at first until I rerolled sockets to link it with trap and the AoE supports. And I use Fire Trap in addition to the PA arrow/trap (and Desecrate ofc) which stacks nicely. I don't have a comparison with Spectral but I though the damage was really nice already and I had no problem leveling like that.

Also, the stats from Hyrri's allow you to not care at all about requirements until you can sustain them from the rest of your build.
i hope someone can answer this, i was wondering how good each damage node is in comparison

so we get:

trapdmg
projdmg
chaosdmg
DoT

which are 1:1 the same and which are superior?!
In order of importantence?

projectile damage (there is more of it on the tree, its much closer, and the individual nodes are worth more than any other node and it adds up to be higher)
chaos/dot nodes (second most damage, second closest, and still more efficient per point than trap nodes. Tend to share same circles)
Trap nodes (are pretty much universally terrible, but you still need all the dps you can get)

But yeah, fwiw, if anyone wanted to know how much damage you really can do, at absolute max damage, you only do about 30k dps, which is pretty pathetic since that essentially means you need the level 4 empower, +3 bow, and all those gems at 20
Last edited by czartaylor on Jan 24, 2015, 4:37:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info