Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

I have same opinion as TheDeliveryMan i'm pretty sure you will be able to run 20AA without aura nodes.Also i think witch is way better starting area than scion you get better life/mana/aoe nodes with less points spent pretty much.
Just a small possible optimization I noticed, based on TheDeliveryMan's tree, what about dropping the 6 points getting the Golems blood cluster, then using them to finish the scion life wheel and go up to Shaper? PoeBuilder Link

You lose 5% life and 20 dex, but you gain 20 strength and 40% mana regen which I think is worth it. The strength is far more useful from equip and gem requirements as the tree only provides 74(94 with my change) plus it mitigates a small amount of the reduction in life.
Last edited by AgentKay on Aug 18, 2014, 1:17:21 PM
on what level (aproximately) should I start using poison traps as a main source of damage? (in new patch of course) any opinions about that?
I would like to know that as well.

And most important, is there a best skill for leveling with this build until I switch to poison/desecrate trap?
\o/
"
Phyloni wrote:
I would like to know that as well.

And most important, is there a best skill for leveling with this build until I switch to poison/desecrate trap?

I tend to use fireball with a wand/shield but any spell gems will work alright usually switch to poison arrow trap around lvl 40 once you get a few chaos and dot nodes and a bow with + to lvl of gems, bow gems, or both.

Also don't forget to level poison arrow along the way. You need to start first with a ranger, shadow, duelist, or scion and go to the tidal island and kill hillrake for the medicine chest to get poison arrow as a reward.
Last edited by bcain1787 on Aug 18, 2014, 3:43:57 PM
I like this best myself.
With this you lose 10% life but gain +20 str 40% mana regen and an extra 1% life regen for a total of 2%. The key thing being 40% mana regen with the shaper node though. I think maximum mana and mana regen will be the key to surviving with this build in the new 1.2 patch also using that new unique granate flask that was introduced recently with spell block and block chance on it and utilizing the new life flasks wont hurt.

Passive Tree Planner link put it in the bottom of your skill tree planner and press load build.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhGWDkgHHuOEHvCVLjY9doK3de4V8NVtbJ2qtNGP-klRD6tirGyMyAzQ0Ba_UzVSr-aBJpWbta1Ku03LvWHiwzrZ4Gf83V9VS4ngykpGK06b5lhRTJMfrEdJE31bKk0_JxUgSsgi4izpbqpH4t0NtfLQgVuv_MU1kqQ5GNtOKlb6Z6DYvXTxKaV314d2_gqFMiFgfytKfbc-QKAwfJANQYcFLY19MbP56GBLI_ZX2HrvG-B07U2S
"
AgentKay wrote:
Just a small possible optimization I noticed, based on TheDeliveryMan's tree, what about dropping the 6 points getting the Golems blood cluster, then using them to finish the scion life wheel and go up to Shaper?

You lose 5% life and 20 dex, but you gain 20 strength and 40% mana regen which I think is worth it. The strength is far more useful from equip and gem requirements as the tree only provides 74(94 with my change) plus it mitigates a small amount of the reduction in life.

That would be a good change for the tree, not having to worry about getting as much strength for reduced mana (109 needed). If you do get the strength however and have enough mana regen, the 5% life would be better to have.

"
Snakorek wrote:
on what level (aproximately) should I start using poison traps as a main source of damage? (in new patch of course) any opinions about that?

As long as you start leveling your PA gem from the start, you should be able to switch around the mid 30s when you get the trap gem. Be specced into a couple of damage wheels, choose between blast radius, saboteur, and entropy. The four link would be PA+trap+conc effect+inc aoe. A silverbranch bow is great for the +1 and mana on kill. I think I leveled using spec throw, but there are a bunch of options. You can go flameblast and get some spell damage nodes and passive respec out of them later.

If projectile damage works with PA through trap, this is a slightly more effective tree with damage, keeping the same life and other stats:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhGWDkgHHuOEHvCVLjY9doK3dfDVbWydqrTRj_pJUQ-rYqxsjMgM0NAWv1M15oEmlZu1y71h4sM62eBVS4ngykpOm-ZYUUyTH6xHSRN9WypNPycVIErIIuIs6W6qR-LdDbXy0IFbr_zFNZKkORjbTipW-meg_o_YvXTxKaV314d2TeOFMn8rSn2mVzB8kA2NfTGzI_ZX2E2SG-D-Cjrh8kW3PkGH-egfQQMeUq_dX7tNZ_ytSg==
Last edited by theDeliveryMan on Aug 18, 2014, 4:15:55 PM
Hello, just started trying this build after seeing it on Build of the Week, fell in love with the concept, so I am sad to see the upcoming changes rattle this build, but I don't know the full details so I'm hopeful for new options.

Jumping onto the Projectile Damage alternatives, here's my Scion variant, essentially trying to match theDeliveryMan's witch build in the above post as closely as possible.

Scion:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAQYf56Bg8vSeTOghn2L3-Crc-SshuqrXyNZKkOdCBR-Ii4hUgKk0_JymlTipbr90NLOmFMnTxGNtKfYd2Z6D8xTGzkA1_K3fXVvob4FfYTZIj9o19MHzDOspKUUysR31bSROTH-ZYieDZ4Ju1bIydqjY9bWwPq1M1YqzIDLTRdoLjhGf8rUpSr9DQ3V-7Tbd1HvAOSElR8NWP-pUuBx5Omxa_Ax4fQaZXTeP-jzrh8kVh4iaVEZbbC4Ief8ZqQ8BUvOprF5UgwfMI9OaBy71tGZf0PV9SU1VLoqO9gg==

I'm happy to say I like the trade-offs for Scion more.

Max HP is matched. More STR and DEX for a fraction less INT. Higher max MP and more MP regen for lower max Energy (the difference in mana regen appearing marginal). The extra STR naturally offers a smidgen more HP regen.

If it's found that we can get away with lower HP, the 6 most basic life nodes can be dropped for Clever Construction. Having seen some videos demonstrate the improvements to Flasks, I'd like to think it's feasible. (Probably not, but I hate the thought that we need to give up Clever Construction... It feels essential against high-AoE bosses)

The only thing I'm unsure of is how to interpret the "Life/Mana (reserved)" stats.

Thoughts?

Off-topic: I wish they would make Point Blank work on Projectile Damage as a whole, and not just Projectile Attacks. That would be a delightfully absurd buff. *u*
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Aug 18, 2014, 9:12:15 PM
nice build... ill just jauer it abit.. to squice more out of it... spelltotem arc ele prolif maby with blind¨, vall orb +1 curse on neck. use vun + tc. maby use the lowbie quiver that makes curses spread when mob dies...

the totem will channel arc thrue the packs and with 5 hits 1 will get shocked.. meaning the intire pack will take more damage(hench new patch only one stack but 50%)

the vun curse for damage ofc. the tc curse for crowd controle and making advancing mobs stay longer in the dot.

other option is 6l carcass put the totem inthere and link it with curse on hit and the 2 curses..

put seaing touch on offhand to kill totems with dd.. or use another spell or a bow skill with a bow... weapon switch
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Last edited by Jauer on Aug 19, 2014, 9:32:34 AM
I plan on using Flameblast/Searing Bond into the late 60s before I swap over. But this is mostly because I'm going to be in a 4+ person party and PA's damage isn't that great in a party until you get a much higher gem going.

Also, with the DD nerfs, should we perhaps look elsewhere for a supplemental damage ability? Or perhaps just level the DD up.
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Last edited by LensHunter on Aug 19, 2014, 10:25:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info