[Invasion] Dbum's Thor God of Thunder (Mjolner Build)

"
michal6 wrote:
"
"
michal6 wrote:
Currently running an Arc/Discharge build at lvl 78. My favourite build by far :P

Using Lightning Strike-GMP-Multi to proc hits as I found it to be most effective although might switch to Spectral throw upon further testing.

LGOH on lightning strike, Doriyani, 84% lightning resist really helps a lot with reflect.

For single target, Double strike, Discharge + Vaal molten shell does a decent job. No problems there atm.

Current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswVbDjwUTRRxFm8XLxmFGjIaOBpsG_odFCSqJLAl3ylPKaUyCTboNuk6UjwFQqNE50ZpRtdHfk4qT31RYFRJVcZYr1nzXcZlTWe9ah5qO2qTbEZuaXB9cmxyqXK7eA182YBWgKSCm4M4hNmFfYbRi4yPRpBVm6GezZ_Ln9-iAKQZpzCnhKgYqW6sqrT5tQS2Qb6KvqfAD8Aaz2XQ0NIh0k3V7eFz42rkIuoY7DjtIO5v73zwH_Iv8933Mvjr-tI=

Current Equipment:

How many life you have?

Currently have 3,250 & 600 ES. Next few levels will be speccing into life though.

Ok thanks

Exile!
sorry guys for not posting in a bit. i have been frantically trying to get another one of these on invasion and it has been a pain. they have since sky-rocketed in price, but i got one a few days ago.

any other questions on this build will be answered!

i also have a new witch build for this awesome hammer! lvl 66 atm, just finished my first ever 24hr stream went from 1-66 as searing bond...cant wait to put this build into use at 75!

IGN @Dbum
Can you detail what your tactics are when facing single high hp targets are? I find that I can clear rooms like schizophrenic with a machine gun and no meds, but when it comes toe to toe with a boss or something, or a rogue exile, it is just embarrassing. My best choice for single target so far has been cyclone.
hi,all,I am running a witch char with the hammer,camparing to your build,should do more damage but less HP(should be 100~200 around in the long run,same life regen),but what bothers me is whether I should take Resolute Technique or not.
2*Arc+Iron Will in the weapon.
My hit chance is 83% for now,and the crit chance for Arc is 5%.I'm not sure if i can enjoy the crit bonus with the 83% hit chance.
Maybe I should do the math like this:
assuming that the arc do 1000damage,and i hit 10 times including chain:
-with RT,10*0.5(trigger chance)*1000=5K damage done;
-without RT, 10*0.83(hit chance)*0.5*[1000*0.95+1500*0.05]=4253.75 damage done;
If the math is right,does it means RT is a must?
Or cosidering the shock chance caused by the crit,maybe without RT,the damage is still good?
As you know the weapon always deal the one shot thing,so it's really hard to tell the difference.
Anyone has a reasonable answer pls tell me,thx.
And I'm not an English user,hope you guys get what I mean.
tree&trigger set
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwCcQSzBS0LYREtFCAUTRVQGJEZhRo4Gmwb-iSqJd8nLyj6KU8snDH7MgkyiTWSNulBh0TnRtdHflBHVbVVxlfiXcZfP2BLYSFlTWe9bEZybHTteA15aHrvfIN_44KbgseE2YTviPGLjI6-j0aQVZLBm6Gdrp7NogCkGaSspwinMKeEqW6rxbUEtfK3PriTvJ--isEEzfrPZdDQ37Dhc-Lq42rjn-Qi6-7sOO0g7m_vDvAf8i_z3fno_go=
trigger set:

POE is for sure a free-for-fun game,but as far as I know and see,it's also a pay-to-win game.
Last edited by orcasdli on Apr 21, 2014, 4:09:14 AM
RT is a little must than 83% chance to hit, however you are sure to hit everytime (triggers always activated for Arc) and shock everytime during "x" hits...

Chance to shock ennemies with RT is reduces than critical strike... My solution consist to set quality in Arc and get "Static blows" + Doryani's invitation (get 10% chance to shock during flask effect).

Unique belt

In my gear i will use 6 power charges(PC) + little node which increse spell dmg (4% spell dmg per PC) + iron will (more strengt, so more dmg for spells) + Romira ring...

Mjölner 3L > Arc (20%) + Iron will + Discharge (20%)

Gear

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwCcQQHBLMFWwthDjwUTRcvGS4ZhRoyGjgabBv6HRQfAiSqJd8nLyftKU8ppTIJNsU26DbpOlI8BUbXR35Ms04qT31QMFFgVElVxlXWVw1Yr1nzXcZfP2TnZU1nvWoeapNsRm5pcH1ybHKpeA15aHzZgFaApIKbgziE2YV9i4yPRpBVm6Gfy5_foLSiAKQZpKynCKeEqBipbqvFrKq0-bUEtkG8n76KvqfAD8AawQTPZdDQ0iHSTdXt2CTZYdte4XPjauOf5CLsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_zBvPd-tI=

Bandits

-Oak (get more life)
-Kraityn (get attack speed)
-Alira (get +1 power charge)
Exile!
Last edited by LightMyChemin on Apr 22, 2014, 8:31:44 AM
"
Savorrow wrote:
Can you detail what your tactics are when facing single high hp targets are? I find that I can clear rooms like schizophrenic with a machine gun and no meds, but when it comes toe to toe with a boss or something, or a rogue exile, it is just embarrassing. My best choice for single target so far has been cyclone.

Ya single target with this weapon has been a pain. I've been testing a bunch of different builds and skills and my best so far is keeping ls as 4link and making double strike 5-6link. But still is nowhere what it should be. Now if u weapon swap that changes everything. But you're not using awesom Mjolner anymore. May be the best bet as far as angle goes with this build or any Mjolner build.

My crit vp witch in standard had higher than average single target but feels unsafe vrs high phys dmg hits and any dot dmg

Still playing with builds to find that perfect hardcore/invasion build
IGN @Dbum
"
RT is a little must than 83% chance to hit, however you are sure to hit everytime (triggers always activated for Arc) and shock everytime during "x" hits...

Chance to shock ennemies with RT is reduces than critical strike... My solution consist to set quality in Arc and get "Static blows" + Doryani's invitation (get 10% chance to shock during flask effect).

Unique belt

In my gear i will use 6 power charges(PC) + little node which increse spell dmg (4% spell dmg per PC) + iron will (more strengt, so more dmg for spells) + Romira ring...

Mjölner 3L > Arc (20%) + Iron will + Discharge (20%)

Gear

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwCcQQHBLMFWwthDjwUTRcvGS4ZhRoyGjgabBv6HRQfAiSqJd8nLyftKU8ppTIJNsU26DbpOlI8BUbXR35Ms04qT31QMFFgVElVxlXWVw1Yr1nzXcZfP2TnZU1nvWoeapNsRm5pcH1ybHKpeA15aHzZgFaApIKbgziE2YV9i4yPRpBVm6Gfy5_foLSiAKQZpKynCKeEqBipbqvFrKq0-bUEtkG8n76KvqfAD8AawQTPZdDQ0iHSTdXt2CTZYdte4XPjauOf5CLsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_zBvPd-tI=

Bandits

-Oak (get more life)
-Kraityn (get attack speed)
-Alira (get +1 power charge)

Diggin your set up very good route. I've been thinking of trading my Mjolner on inv for one on ambush so I don't have to worry about deaths while still able to mess around with builds
IGN @Dbum
"Diggin your set up very good route. I've been thinking of trading my Mjolner on inv for one on ambush so I don't have to worry about deaths while still able to mess around with builds"

Fine :)
Exile!
So I wanted to change the build to be better at single target and I decided to try RF + cyclone for that (still using LS majority of the time). Turns out its REALLY good! I'm only level 82 but can solo Shrine Piety and she goes down pretty quick.

My build is very similar to dbums, with a few changes to help with RF:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wJxBLMFLRJpFE0XHBmFGjgabBv6JKol3ycvJ-0pTzIJMok1kjboNuk62DwtQYdE50ZpRtdHfk3YVbVVxlfiWK9Z813GXz9gS2EhZU1nvWh0ah5sRnF5cmxyqXTtd-V4DXrvfNmDOITZhO-I8YuMjHaPRpBVlKCboZ2uns2iAKQZpwinMKeEqBipbqvFrKq1BLXytz6-isAawQTEFcT2xq7PZdDQ0iHYTdpi4XPi6uNq45_kIuw47SDub-988i_z3fZI-ej-Cg==

The next few levels will be spend near the marauder tree for life. Pretty much all survivability now.

I sit at 4625 life, 11571 armor, 90% fire, 78% cold, and 79% light resists. These stats are with the 3 auras I use: Purity of fire, Vitality, and Determination.
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/90tbbd3

Gear and gem setup is as follows.
Spoiler

This build will have well over 5500 hp by level 90 which is pretty insane with how much i leech. As far as reflect goes, cyclone with LoH makes them cake. Literally not a problem at all.

Let me know your thoughts or any critiques!! Thanks
Last edited by Selvian on Apr 24, 2014, 3:42:27 PM
Has anyone tried to use a weapon swap for the single target issue, use a two hander with a six link double strike for the bosses or something.
It sucks that you can use your awesome hammer, but it would make things a lot easier

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info