[Invasion] Dbum's Thor God of Thunder (Mjolner Build)

"
Molochmane wrote:
is mandatory but can go without.

u wot? I think you don't know what that word means...
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:

What i meant was that although voll's devotion is essential for rainbownuke's build. But I can use the build just fine w/o a voll's with a discharge/arc gems for mjolner.

Moved to lvl 82 w/o an issue and sticked with dual arcs for now because it causes less lag. I rearrange the tree just a bit to optimize my build. It requires saving all the respecs from your quest + a few regrets.

Yes that's my resist in merciless with no auras

gear

passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWxQgFE0WbxiRGS4ZhRo4GlUabCSqJy8n1SftKU8u_zWSNug26TwFPC09_EGHRmlG10z_UEdQUFRJVcZXDVhjWK9dxl8_YEthIWMLZKNnvWoecqlyu3Tteu982YKbgziE74cpiPGLjIzPj0aQVZuhna6ezZ_foW2iAKIPpKynCKcwp4SoGKyqr2y1BLc-uc28n8QVxFjE9sWKxq7G2M9l0NDSIdlh2t3hc-Nq45_kIuw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj56P4K

Last edited by Molochmane on May 29, 2014, 3:10:26 AM
Would cyclone + iron will + etheral knives + Life leech work?
"
Would cyclone + iron will + etheral knives + Life leech work?

Life gain on hit will be a better choice vs life leech. the setup you have would not work because there is no cast on crit gem (the build by it self cannot crit). Cast on melee kill will not work with cyclone because the damage done by cyclone + mjolner does piss poor damage as melee. Even though mobs will be killed by the arc, but it will not activate cast on crit/cast on melee kill (as far as i know).

Vaal cyclone, Life gain on hit, attack speed an increased duration will be enough to kill huge mob packs and possibly a boss (at lower lvl maps)
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
one question, how do you deal with mana issues?

with shaper keystone node, i never had any mana issues besides no regen/half regen. To supplement my skills I just use a blood magic support gem to do my attacks. The advantage of using BM support gem is that you can use another aura spell to beef up your defenses.

If that's not an option for you, you can possibly grab a couple of jewelry with mana regen stats including +added mana.

I never use a mana pot in my inventory, but a distillate flask is good enough to tackle end game map. And besides, the mjolner gavel is a slow attacking weapon...your attacks are slow enough for you to gather enough passive mana regen to do your attacks at higher levels.
Last edited by Molochmane on Jul 29, 2014, 2:39:38 AM
If anyone could take a look at this:
Gear:
Spoiler

Life: 3600+500ES, res maxed, it is level 90 actually

Got some issues while doing Palace map with the Dominus, hes beating me(doing all other maps without any problem due to really fast hp regen).If u could post any ideas on improvements on this build i would be appreciated, dmg is REALLY high, but the survivability on harder mods (-resistance and reflect) is pretty low.

That is the tree link:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBVsOPBQgFE0UcRZvFy8YkRmFGjIaOBpsG_odFCSqJLAl3yjFKU8ppTIJNug26TpSPAVE50ZpRtdHfkw1TipPfVBHUWBT31RJVcZYr1jbWfNdxmVNZ71qHmqTbEZuaXB9cmxyqXK7eA182YBWgKSCm4M4hNmFfYbRi4yPRpBVm6GezZ_Ln9-iAKQZpzCnhKgYqW6playqrK-1BLZBvoq-p8APwBrDhs9l0NDRNtIh0k3V7eFz42rkIueR6hjsOO0g73zwH_Iv877z3fcy-Ov60g==

All suggestions appreciated<3
Based on your tree. You have a pretty good block , but the effective HP is low at high end content.

I would recommend grabbing some added to hp gear on your boots, rings (+str) on your gear to gain effective hp. If possible, find a amulet with str/int (agate) with +30 attributes + intelligence + hp similar to this

and possibly a ring with similar stats

It's gonna be expensive at this point to get optimal max health. For me I left the block nodes alone and gone for raw max hp nodes to survive big hits and 1/2 regen/vulnerability mods.

So, You think that i should give up on Astramentis and go find jewellery(and boots) with INT/STR, 2 of them should give me required 412? What about Romira's Banquet, would be hard to use dischrge without it :D so im losing one jewellery slot for that, it stays on 3 slots (amu, 1ring and boots), do You think its do-able?

PS: thanks for REALLY fast answering on the first post ^_^
Last edited by mendi666 on Jul 30, 2014, 5:50:24 AM
it's doable, but at this point you're gonna pay top currency for it at this point because it is very specific

best of luck to u
"
Molochmane wrote:
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:

What i meant was that although voll's devotion is essential for rainbownuke's build. But I can use the build just fine w/o a voll's with a discharge/arc gems for mjolner.

Moved to lvl 82 w/o an issue and sticked with dual arcs for now because it causes less lag. I rearrange the tree just a bit to optimize my build. It requires saving all the respecs from your quest + a few regrets.

Yes that's my resist in merciless with no auras

gear

passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWxQgFE0WbxiRGS4ZhRo4GlUabCSqJy8n1SftKU8u_zWSNug26TwFPC09_EGHRmlG10z_UEdQUFRJVcZXDVhjWK9dxl8_YEthIWMLZKNnvWoecqlyu3Tteu982YKbgziE74cpiPGLjIzPj0aQVZuhna6ezZ_foW2iAKIPpKynCKcwp4SoGKyqr2y1BLc-uc28n8QVxFjE9sWKxq7G2M9l0NDSIdlh2t3hc-Nq45_kIuw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj56P4K

Can you update your skil tree for patch 1.2 please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info