Swords are now back to 97% block penetration, really GGG ?

I remember when GGG nerfed sword block penetration nodes because they thought it was too ''OP'', there we **** go again we're back to 97% block penetration for Swords with that gem, lol really ?

Grinding gear games if you want to keep your game balanced you really need to remove every block reduction node on the tree for Swords, it makes absolutely NO sense that they can reach up to 97% block penetration with the nodes and the gem.

Everyone else has the possibility to use the new gem which is in fact more than enough to keep things balanced, now that Swords have 97% again like before this is completely unbalanced. Imagine a caster that tries to fight someone that has a shield + sword with 97% block penetration, we need the remaining block we have from the gem reduction to even survive a few hits, it makes no sense that i'm fighting someone with a shield and that i can only penetrate by 42% when they can penetrate mine by 97% and they can do the same damage if not much more.

Same goes for 2 handers, since they can stack dodge how are we supose to fight these guys now when we have absolutely 0% chance to block their attacks and they can dodge ours by 40+ %. If you remove block pen nodes from the tree we would atleast have a remaining of 40% block chance which is enough to compete with their dodge and things will be balanced.

To me this is a serious issue and needs to be fixed NOW

Holy_penguin
"
Actually, 21/20 and all sword nodes give 100% block red haha

^^ See this makes absolutely no sense at all they need to remove the nodes, having the possibility to reach 100% with a sword is just retarded.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 9, 2014, 5:53:21 AM
Actually, 21/20 and all sword nodes give 100% block red haha
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
I remember when GGG nerfed sword block penetration nodes because they thought it was too ''OP'', there we **** go again we're back to 97% block penetration for Swords with that gem, lol really ?

When I brought it to their attention they said they forgot about them lmfao. They forgot they were even on the tree...thats pretty funny although I can understand since there are thousands of nodes.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
aha hahaha

Pvp meta is such a joke atm, going from 1 extreme to the other, builds getting "destroyed" along the way. Kinda shows how half-assed the beta testing of a potential pvp fix is.

Just go back to mapping. Lvl100 is a sure thing, once u get it it's gonna be there, no1 can take ur hard work away from u :D
IGN: KevShienZ

#1 564pDPS Crit Jeweled Foil Sword: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crown of Eyes DPS Amulet Mirror Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crit-Leech Legacy Mod Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
Last edited by kevshien on Apr 9, 2014, 4:57:46 AM
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

When I brought it to their attention they said they forgot about them lmfao. They forgot they were even on the tree...thats pretty funny although I can understand since there are thousands of nodes.

this is a totally retarded thing. im 100% sure now that they have no idea about pvp and they just listen to rants in forum and give what the majority of the ppl want.
in 2 months no1 will remain playing this joke pvp game, and since the lack of end game, pvers will quit soon too.
gj ggg, you are ruining a potentially perfect game.
i just dont understand why they dont hire expert pvpers to at last test some fixes and listen to our ideas. obviously because they already made lot of profit and they just dont care anymore about this situation. they dont even look at our posts.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
100% block reduction is only worth using vs dedicated legacy Aegis and Anvil users while using Cyclone. Heavy strike already > these things with just the gem alone. Shouldn't be 100% reduction, I agree but you guys pitch a bitch over the most minute thing that doesn't even effect you. Remove the nodes from the tree or change the weapon types the gem can work on. Or cap block penetration at 55% flat, stacking both would be redudent then.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
100% block reduction is only worth using vs dedicated legacy Aegis and Anvil users while using Cyclone. Heavy strike already > these things with just the gem alone. Shouldn't be 100% reduction, I agree but you guys pitch a bitch over the most minute thing that doesn't even effect you. Remove the nodes from the tree or change the weapon types the gem can work on. Or cap block penetration at 55% flat, stacking both would be redudent then.

I think you're wrong mulla, it is worth using against anyone that uses block in pvp. Believe it or not even with 40% block i was still able to block a few hits and this making me able to atleast not die 2 seconds. When you fight our caster build with block with your cyclone, you were taking some damage from tempest shield because even with 55% penetration we were still blocking a few of your hits and this making us survive long enough to fight. Now i can assure you that with 97% block reduction you will sclice trought any block build and kill them just like you kill a bower without any defense, which is approx 1 second aka 1 cyclone ? Remember how you were cycloning trought us in pvp and we were close to dying with 8k es from 1 cyclone, it is even worse now with 97% block penetration. The nodes needs to be removed i dont see why you should be given more block penetration than everyone else in the game. Believe it or not against Google from diablo or any 2 hander heavy strike build block builds were able to fight back because they were actually blocking a few hits even if it's not noticeable, but now we cannot even block a single attack so how are we supose to fight back against those guys since they have dodge and we have nothing ?

Having the possibility to have 100% block penetration is just plain stupid and should not be like that at all, everyone should have the same penetration and this by using the gem that everyone can use if they want to counter block.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 9, 2014, 7:56:24 AM
yep, i think so too.
1. Only GEM in game for block pen, we dont need nods on map.
2. Cup pen to 40-50%, swords can choose gem or nods.
Only this 2 can do some balance. I am a sword user, but i dont need 99% block penetr.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
blockers got REKT, son.
I like the nodes on the tree but 100% is kind of over the top. Having it at capped 70-80% would be balanced
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info