FoxTactics "Lightning Ninja" Arc build 18k+ : No update for 1.2

Was discussing this in other thread ->

"
Since shock only stacks once, I think the Arc prolif totem should now be curse on hit totem? Provided you take Static Blows/similar.

Spell Totem - Arc - Curse on Hit - Faster Casting - X

What do you reckon?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Yes, was thinking about that, but I think I heard somewhere (reddit?) that CoH is going to get downtuned (maybe affect curse efficiency?) a little, so I'll just wait and see...

But since ele prolif & light pen (what I use atm in totem) and CoH & ele weakness (potential swap) are all blue gems, it should be very easy to just swap, try & see :D

Edit: Another possibility would be to spec into whispers of doom and use 2 curses for the totem...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Aug 14, 2014, 1:54:23 PM
"
FoxTactics wrote:
Hey guys, Just wanted to say thanks for all the posting in my build thread and that i was stunned how well my arc builds took off.

Sadly, previous leagues i pushed arc to its limits and i dont wanna retrace my old footsteps in the new league trying to clinch to whats left of arc :D. I'll leave that to someone else to figure out the best arc build for the new league.

I feel it's time for me to make new chars and builds.

Ranger.

:(
"
FoxTactics wrote:
Hey guys, Just wanted to say thanks for all the posting in my build thread and that i was stunned how well my arc builds took off.

Sadly, previous leagues i pushed arc to its limits and i dont wanna retrace my old footsteps in the new league trying to clinch to whats left of arc :D. I'll leave that to someone else to figure out the best arc build for the new league.

I feel it's time for me to make new chars and builds.

Ranger.

Understandable - After so many hours I can imagine it got a bit boring ;)
Good luck with the new build!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Hello guys. I wanna make another ARC character in the new leagues and i made a test skill tree for my Life based Arc build. All i need is your opinion ... is it good or .... some nodes aren't good . The current Foxtactics build had problems with DEX so... my tree fixed that .

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEAelAuNJsiycEFgreHYRH8fk7C2LMjRtGR8CCPQi9DbFBAfAVGwL2CTr5IPbvOpqQw2NpwhfKlXGHNy4k9rdna50VTpYLUd_xpMn6-4abKyYUEJ-WS-dwcW0DCj61YHkIhZvEQ-MNhbz7BiIQkZxgseFbbUEJKp-rxOe5RlVSyY8cLuCHoMJDH356CTYXcY26Y0ZpJG0OGHi2wsQf0GH3fNG1-Nq-tLgEvv1JpXGnrc-YG3tIBcv2V-Xlxa__gqdgOFzZOfdjEV88kXYvYM4i4xV1jrhFE0FW4CkplcEs6IA8B9N4_6PNZJ-M13y
I had an IR variant that solved the Dex problem but after reviewing the Heart of Thunder nodes I think I'm gunna reconsider my build.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
I had an IR variant that solved the Dex problem but after reviewing the Heart of Thunder nodes I think I'm gunna reconsider my build.

Like you, my pre-1.2 Arc build incorporated IR. With this new tree, I haven't figured out how to get down to IR while still 1) hitting enough life nodes 2) hitting enough reduced mana reserved nodes to not trivialize MoM while running Grace and 3) hitting enough mana regen nodes to run level 22 AA.

Here's a non-IR build for Cloak of Defiance with "high" life and enough mana regen for AA:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEALjB6UsnEmyH8creC2LbRlqQ8BUCPS86hzcDY1sCyL0YeJVS4w2UEItRxa_JpW0DJMnHarhiEZxgwnbC4IeiELBxX_G3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPTC0UsFXGOlismF8qdFX3149Gm6EXL_rSHRSApCSwhtFk51XWNukWbySq42oaOKeEkFXAGmaeU1JFnZrg6-64k6cIxp4Qfwx9gsco-vno2L3-Crc-QYc1kqZXTeP-jzrh8kUvb9kTcLvsGElR8NWP-nYREFiD2ypTYpWycA==

Running with Clarity, PoL and PoF. Extra points can go to Unnatural Calm or cast speed or whatever. If running level 20 Purities, one "+aura effect" node can be dropped while still maintaining +7 max res. If running level 23 Purities, max res will be +9 with the tree as-is.

Working on adapting for Lightning Coil and IR. I'm not sure if it will be possible/advisable to wear Lightning Coil and run Grace with MoM due to the nerf to "mana reserved" nodes.
So, I admit I am a newish player and I am not good at the theory crafting, but this build has been phenomenal and I have none of the expensive gear (seriously, i got 5c to my name, nothing good) and I am wiping the floor with maps multiple levels above me

Now I hear that not only are we losing shock stack but Arc is getting a major damage nerf as well. Is this still doable for budget schmucks like me or is it time to pack up and make something else?
Last edited by borisivanovich on Aug 15, 2014, 1:17:28 AM
I think with the new tree that it might be best to run a CI Arc Witch. All the Life nodes have gotten smaller and the ES nodes easier to get.
"
MartinDeShade wrote:
I think with the new tree that it might be best to run a CI Arc Witch. All the Life nodes have gotten smaller and the ES nodes easier to get.

I'll try both life & CI with the respecs I have in standard. Atm I'm pretty happy with the life tree I came up with: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879637/page/35/#p8438024

109 Points
167% life
313% total damage increase (spell, ele,...) - MOAR DEEEEPS (to compensate for arc nerf)
2% lighn pen
60% cast speed
15% shock + 50% duration
200% mana regen + EB

"

Now I hear that not only are we losing shock stack but Arc is getting a major damage nerf as well. Is this still doable for budget schmucks like me or is it time to pack up and make something else?

If anything the price of the items may drop a little since less people will play arc. DPS will be a little lower, but I think it should still be enough for maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info