FoxTactics "Lightning Ninja" Arc build 18k+ : No update for 1.2

"
j0zef wrote:
Love it, great build.
Whats your mana pool at?
Was it a pain to level until you got your gems to lvl20?

Yeh it took a while, but when i lvled arc i lvled 2 extra spares to vaal aswell.

My mana pool is at 2450 without dicipline.

Hope you enjoy the build =)
"
Love it, great build.
Whats your mana pool at?
Was it a pain to level until you got your gems to lvl20?

I leveled this build with arc. It's truely amazing, the dmg scales so good. Just try and get some cheap wands with cast speed + spell damage, and that should do it.

This build, is most definitely the most fun i've had in a while !
Leveling as arc as well, up to lvl 56 and I'm impressed with how well its working with such little defense at my level (lvl 11 AA, just got Cloak of Defiance equipped @ 52). Basically of the 4 deaths I've had, half were me being stupid (facetanking unique mobs I knew I couldn't face tank but thought I could finish them off before they would kill me), the other half was not noticing something I should have (corrupting blood rare, with no staunching flask equipped).

Even more impressive for me is how easy Dominus was....in Cruel I did jump back to town once because I ran out of flask charges during stage 2.....but stage 1 never got me below half (this was before I could run MoM) and stage 2 generally, while difficult, wasn't too bad overall...just a bit of running around to move his spawns around so I could hit them all w/ arc.

Even my incinerate max block/AA/MoM build last league died more by level 56 (though incinerate is much less mobile). I think it comes down to the damage killing everything except high resist blue/rare/unique mobs in 2-3 casts.
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Apr 10, 2014, 12:17:08 AM
"
Nagisan wrote:
Leveling as arc as well, up to lvl 56 and I'm impressed with how well its working with such little defense at my level (lvl 11 AA, just got Cloak of Defiance equipped @ 52). Basically of the 4 deaths I've had, half were me being stupid (facetanking unique mobs I knew I couldn't face tank but thought I could finish them off before they would kill me), the other half was not noticing something I should have (corrupting blood rare, with no staunching flask equipped).

Even more impressive for me is how easy Dominus was....in Cruel I did jump back to town once because I ran out of flask charges during stage 2.....but stage 1 never got me below half (this was before I could run MoM) and stage 2 generally, while difficult, wasn't too bad overall...just a bit of running around to move his spawns around so I could hit them all w/ arc.

Even my incinerate max block/AA/MoM build last league died more by level 56 (though incinerate is much less mobile). I think it comes down to the damage killing everything except high resist blue/rare/unique mobs in 2-3 casts.

Thanks for the feedback =)
Playing a similar build too after the latest buff to Arc.
Have some Zombies as Meatshield / Distraction.

What do you guys use for single target and which bandits did you kill?
IGN: Khilia / Haakkuu
Thanks for the idea with the Geofri's Crest! :)
The Arc buff was too much imho. I leveled to 53 with just Arc in a +1 Wand and the killspeed was still crazy. But I'm enjoing it. :D

The warp time of Lightning Warp decreases with more Movement Speed, just to let you know.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Apr 10, 2014, 9:43:14 AM
"
Qvintvs wrote:
Playing a similar build too after the latest buff to Arc.
Have some Zombies as Meatshield / Distraction.

What do you guys use for single target and which bandits did you kill?

arc is my single target spell also.

Bandits i did oak/kill/kill

but i should have gotten faster casting at 2nd bandits.
"
Miochan wrote:

Bandits i did oak/kill/kill

but i should have gotten faster casting at 2nd bandits.
I did the same at the bandits but I kind of disagree with saying "should have helped alira in cruel".....it's only 4% cast speed and this build picks up 62% cast speed just from the passives. While end-game it may be worth it (by end-game I mean like lvl 90+), having an additional passive point through the leveling process is more beneficial.

It takes level 92 to match the passive tree laid out in the OP if you skip the casting speed in cruel.....level 93 if you get the casting speed in cruel (which I assume Fox did, as he is 93 and his passives I'm assuming are as linked). By that point you don't have much else to spend passive points on so it is worth swapping a passive point for 4% cast speed, but until you get there it's sort of a wasted point IMO (that 1 extra passive point will get you more in an overall sense than 4% cast speed until you fill in everything but 3% cast speed nodes, and even at that point it's only 1% more)....but to each their own.

But yes, definitely help oak in normal, and get the passive in merc.
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Apr 10, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
This is 100% not HC viable, but looks awesome for the people not playing that POE variety.
"
R3FL3CT wrote:
This is 100% not HC viable, but looks awesome for the people not playing that POE variety.

Ofc not, this is an ambush build, but it is still possible to adapt it to invasion. By dropping a scepter and getting a shield, grabbing more lifenodes instead of dps.

Concept remains the same around geofri's arc, you could even go kaom's heart if you got the money
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 10, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info