1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

+1
"
kehlarn wrote:
until i see a feedback thread created for glacial cascade to post this in let me say:

gmp+coc+gcascade = furmark

russell you have my condolences. lol

Won't work... no projectile but here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtfL4acsl5c&feature=youtu.be

Watch this video and see its glory.
"
Dynuel wrote:
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

+1

+1
One thing I wished to see in this otherwise great patch is more rewards for visiting corrupted zones and killing invasion bosses. At this point I always skip both of those things, which is a rational thing to do.
Last edited by Equilibrium87 on Apr 7, 2014, 4:45:00 AM
great fixes! boosting so many skills and making fractued 30% is insane :D
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Will checkpoints be disabled for cutthroat leagues or maps?

For maps it will checkpoint at the Eternal Lab. It currently has the option for Cut-throat. We'll see how that works this week!

^^^ That thorough testing.

Lets nerf some skills (and completely kill some builds)... and lets see how that work... if it doesn't we will buff them again in a few months.

I do love frequent updated and dynamic meta, but GGG does seam to act like a kid changing their mind very often, and they do seam to hate whatever is the current flavour of the month.
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
While I disagree with the rest of his post, this:

"
Dellusions wrote:
...we've been telling you for over a year about stupid shit like the "your buddy logged in/out" toast windows overlapping the loot delve windows and you don't do a thing about it.

is for real.

The game is in full release. This still being there now, after the first mini-expansion, is almost beyond sloppy.

+1
"
Agilaz wrote:
Also, I'd like to take a quick second to revel in all the summoner tears. Yeees my dears, let it all out, the whambulance is on its way.

I don't really understand why summoner hate is so popular. its the least scalable build in the whole game for late game builds. its really only good for a budget MF build or a safe let zombies kill stuff off screen invasion build. its not even a overly popular build. so if you see 2 streamers go spectral throw you are going to start crying nerf nerf nerf!!!!?
"
Sounds like you are just presumptive and have no evidence to back of you claims.

Evidence?
Look at other patches with "reduced damage"

[Removed by Support]

"
Aka you have no clue and just spout nonsense like a toxic hate machine.
Again presumptive arguments backed up by nothing and just pull of your a**.

Again backup are other negative experiences with "dropbuffs"
Remember "Adjusted Invasion bosses drops according to their difficulty"
I killed every exile I met and they all still dropped utter garbage.

Ripping off D2 in most parts and not being able to do stuff right that D2 did right.
The Hellfirequest in D2 required keys, they all had the same dropchance on specific bosses.
This is how you do a quest.
Atziri is just grinding bullshit. If several players do Sacrifice Piece runs for days and the result is like 60 Dusk 25 Dawn 5 Noon and 1 Midnight this is a stupid system.

But not Kiwi pridi prevents the devs to rework they system and make certain parts only being dropable in certain areas.

"
Most likey not because they listen to whiny presumptive nay sayers like you.

If you want to give feedback reconsider your tone and your arguments, or else you just look like a complainy QQer who has nothing but hate in his views

Or maybe I use reverse psychology and want the game to fail as hard possible, who knows.

[Removed by Support]

The devs have obviously never played a hardcore game in their life if they still claim PoE is hardcore.
It became hardcore boring.

Last edited by Jake_GGG on Apr 7, 2014, 5:09:34 AM
"
JcFreak wrote:
"
Dynuel wrote:
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:

+1

+1

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info