Scary's 2H Cyclone [Level 98 - Invasion League][Sort of 1.2 Updated]

Here is my 2 Handed Cyclone build that i used to get to level 98 in Invasion.
It has high damage, good survivability through leech and life gain on hit and the fact that cyclone makes you immune to stuns.

1.2 TEMPORARY BUILD MIGHT NOT BE OPTIMAL

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAIQJ7jH7gnld2f-RROQ4s-yFV2WGpc3zZcqmsqiftGS4aOKeEkFXAGlnzAnEEszKJV-LsOO98gzgUTalo8B_jajbp-tJmnhZvJKr3TXYrQXTBBI6_G0XG2FhjPfz2SF8_jM_vDicv45_yL6SsvJ8yCXJsbEapbngNC2F5aNi9NZK18iXfG_qkGQHcvoqE2WVNFFJHfr2BmSu-p25pSshuqqQ50IFH4iLiFSAqTT8nSn2Hdmeg_MXdDSzpWf72VeW9TjL-j6ZXOuH-CvJFKaVOKluvhxlsFvxLMZ5N4w==

WILL POST LEVELING BUILDS LATER. I HAVE NOT PLAYED POE SINCE MAY AND I AM A LITTLE OUT OF THE LOOP =)

This is a very cheap build to start out with and it's absolutely beginner friendly, you absolutely do not need a 6-link and a Kaom's Heart (it obviously helps though).

• Cyclone Tooltip: (true DPS is NOT x2 nobody knows how much it is, cyclone is a mysterious skill

• Leveling

Spoiler
Level with whatever you prefer, i'd advice Searing Bond, Fire Trap, Ground Slam, Leap Slam.

You can switch to cyclone at around level 30, but i'd recommend you to do it at level 50+.

As soon as you hit level 58 buy a Kaom's Primacy(or a similar DPS weapon) and rejoice! This will carry you deep into 73+ maps easy. It should cost around 10 c at the time I'm writing this and it's worth every chaos.

For maps a 5 link is pretty much mandatory, so either try to link your Kaom's Primacy or buy a cheap 5 link armor and give it a few alch + scours.

• Leveling Trees

• My Gear

Old Gear
Spoiler

Disregard the links on the weapon, just leveling stuff/leap slam there.

• Flasks

Spoiler

• Tree

• Links

Spoiler

Cyclone Links listed in priority.

6-Link Cyclone
Cyclone
Blood Magic
Life Gain on Hit
Faster Attacks
Melee Phys[Remove on 4L]
Conc Effect/Item Rarity/Added Fire(Depend if you can manage mana cost of Conc)[Remove on 4L/5L]

Auras
Hatred
Determination
Reduced Mana
Leap Slam

Cast When Damage Taken
Enfeeble level 7
CWDT level 4
End Cry level 7
Molten Shell level 9

Cast When Damage Taken
Immortal Call level 20
Increased Duration level 20
Decoy/Devouring/Regen Totem level 20
CWDT level 20

• Bandits

Spoiler
N: Oak
C: Krat
M: Kill all.

• FAQ

Spoiler
Q: You have so low armor! How do you survive? No IR?

A: You can go for IR if you want and run hatred + grace. I just don't because i'd rather just use my granite instead of spending the points. I survive by using the right potions for the right map and making sure to keep them up when they're needed. LgoH gem and Life leech on gear also gives you a ton of regen/heals.

Q: No BM in tree?

A: If i got BM in tree i wouldn't be able to run any auras.

Q: When do i swap to Cyclone whilst leveling?

A: Depends on your gear, other than that it's really up to you you could od it as soon as the gem becomes available but the manacost with BM will probably kill you. I'd recommend level 50+.

Q: How do you handle tough Invaderse/Bosses?

A: I usually just go ham on most Invaders, especially now that almost all of them have been nerfed quite hard. Other than that flask management is a very important aspect of surviving lategame in a HC league. As you can see in the flask section i have a resistance flask for every element and i swap between them depending on what map mods I'm playing
(Carry all of them with you for harder maps and swap on the fly if you find a nasty invader).

Q: No extra endurance charges?

A: I'm only really using endurance charges for the Immortal Call on CWDT and i find that 3+ increased duration is enough for that purpose.

Q: No Blood Rage

A: This is just a personal preference of mine, you could run Blood Rage for extra life leech and frenzy charges. I'd rather have the life regen.

• Stream

http://www.twitch.tv/bunnythumper

GogogoScary - 95 HC 40k GS
Scary - 98 Invasion 2H Cyclone
GMT +1
Last edited by scarything on Aug 20, 2014, 5:30:13 PM
up
GMT +1
Why not go for blood magic, its 4 points away?
"
Why not go for blood magic, its 4 points away?

Because i can't run any auras with it? BM is terrible for like 99% of builds.
GMT +1
I always find it interesting that many players go all the way to duelist start (1% health regen, 27% damage, +12 life).

For those 3 points you could iE get "Blunt Instrument", that's 40% damage, 3% attackspeed.
Or the 3 +1max resist nodes in Marauder...
Or start towards "Sovereignty" for sweet aura efficiency...
Or "Leather and Steel"...

You are doing it right, I guess, with 94 in invasion, while I am sitting at 79 in softcore, but I don't get these 3 nodes, never seemed to appealing.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
when is a good time to switch to cyclone? lvling with ground slam at the mo.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I always find it interesting that many players go all the way to duelist start (1% health regen, 27% damage, +12 life).

For those 3 points you could iE get "Blunt Instrument", that's 40% damage, 3% attackspeed.
Or the 3 +1max resist nodes in Marauder...
Or start towards "Sovereignty" for sweet aura efficiency...
Or "Leather and Steel"...

You are doing it right, I guess, with 94 in invasion, while I am sitting at 79 in softcore, but I don't get these 3 nodes, never seemed to appealing.

Yeah, you might be quite right. I mean there's lots of personal choices to make, at the time i specced i wanted the regen and the damage i guess.
GMT +1
Last edited by scarything on Apr 3, 2014, 4:37:30 PM
"
when is a good time to switch to cyclone? lvling with ground slam at the mo.

Personally i'd say when you get a good weapon + life leech hands/jewelry. Start leveling a life gain on hit also, it's absolutely mandatory for maps.

I actually started out with axe(and i would probably still be if i hadn't bought this mace) and in that case Kaom's Primacy is very good and will carry you far.

Axe tree:

GMT +1
Last edited by scarything on Apr 3, 2014, 3:51:39 PM
up
GMT +1
i think to switch to cyclone, have very similar build to your, wanted to what is your dps, is it descent ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info