[1.1.X] Raging Spirits/Animated Weapons Summoner (with a video)

Thanks for the guide. :)
I guess one should pick the Cast Speed notes last, Minion Damage before that and Aura notes before that?
Where is the Clarity in your Gear?^^
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Apr 17, 2014, 5:26:18 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Thanks for the guide. :)
I guess one should pick the Cast Speed notes last, Minion Damage before that and Aura notes before that?
Where is the Clarity in your Gear?^^

No clarity. I didn't need it yet. Actually, I picked up Cast speed nods pretty earlier in the character career. I'll post a suggestion of passives point progression soon.

I'll also post a gameplay video very soon, probably this weekend. I'm level 85 now. I want to get 86 for the video.

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Finally, a gameplay video for this build :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOyKdAm6XmU&feature=youtu.be

I just picked this up today (the green aura it gives is so awesome!), I can't wait to try out this build! I've been wanting to do a summon raging spirit build for ages...

A couple of questions:
I've read through this thread for all the discussion of aura choices, was the final conclusion that hatred>wrath if you're focusing on spirits over weapons, or does hatred win out in both cases?

have you tried running clarity on blood magic to aid the mana regen?

In your video you have ~700 unreserved mana - is this enough to get the most out of MoM? Obviously it does help but do you find yourself running out of mana quickly?
The video is pretty damn impressive, but the build looks hectic as hell. Compared to the investment, the clear speed and survivability both seem pretty high, so still seems great to play.
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
"
mjcl wrote:

A couple of questions:
I've read through this thread for all the discussion of aura choices, was the final conclusion that hatred>wrath if you're focusing on spirits over weapons, or does hatred win out in both cases?

It really depends on how you value Shock over Chill/Freeze. Without counting the shock effect, Hatred is superior for dps overall and even more if you focus on Spirit. If you consider the increased dps from shock though, I think Wrath comes on top though. On the other hand, if you use Hatred, you'll chill and freeze which is not a bad thing either. So, in the end, either are fine choice.

"
have you tried running clarity on blood magic to aid the mana regen?

No, because I don't need it. And running clarity on blood magic not only would reduce my total life, it would means 3 less sockets to use for other stuff. If I'd need clarity, I'd run it on mana.

"
In your video you have ~700 unreserved mana - is this enough to get the most out of MoM? Obviously it does help but do you find yourself running out of mana quickly?

That's plenty and no, I don't find myself running out of mana often or quickly. You can check the video for a confirmation. Even if I get low or out of mana, it never last very long because of my insane mana regen (I think its 250 mana+/second)

"
Freesland2 wrote:
The video is pretty damn impressive, but the build looks hectic as hell. Compared to the investment, the clear speed and survivability both seem pretty high, so still seems great to play.

What do you mean by "Hectic as well" ?
actually i think the video doesnt really do the build justice
if u spam ele weakness+flesh offering plus diligently animate any weapons that drop, u will clear much faster than the video shows. sauce: was lvl86 in invasion before rip. could have easily gotten 90 if not for carelessness to vaal
How the hell do you even play this? Absolutely no damage mitigation of any kind, iron reflex, armor, barely any evasion.. and MoM isnt enough to keep you alive in half the high level maps out there. I get 1 shotted by the stupid crossfire piercing chaos bolts and shit with 3k hp and sadly its nearly impossible to remove anything from the tree without either gimping hp or minion damage from minion or aura nodes, and without the auras the skull suck, and without the minion nodes they also suck.
Last edited by shdwknght on May 20, 2014, 12:42:58 PM
"
shdwknght wrote:
How the hell do you even play this? Absolutely no damage mitigation of any kind, iron reflex, armor, barely any evasion.. and MoM isnt enough to keep you alive in half the high level maps out there. I get 1 shotted by the stupid crossfire piercing chaos bolts and shit with 3k hp and sadly its nearly impossible to remove anything from the tree without either gimping hp or minion damage from minion or aura nodes, and without the auras the skull suck, and without the minion nodes they also suck.

Did you even watch the video ?

In term of defense, I consider the build more than adequate :

- 4200 life. (+192% life at level 86)

- 40% Mana Over Matter with 735 available mana. That means that I get 40% damage mitigation for any hit that would have otherwise hurted me for 1837 damage or less (735 / 0.4).

- 3450 Evasion (+84% from passives and gear). Against level 74-75 monsters which I'm typically fighting, it means 31-32% chance to evade. 62-64% chance to evade against Blinded targets.

- 26% chance to block. No passives investment. Just a shield. But it matters.

- 77% max resist to all elemental resists.

- Immune to Physical and Elemental Reflect (Damage is dealt by minions, not me)

- Immune to Enfeeble.

For a character that doesn't need to be in melee range to kill stuff, I consider this defense pretty good. When I'll be level 90, I'll have about 350 additional life for a total of 4550 which is good enough for end game content for this type of build.

Again, if you watch the video, you'll notice that my life bar never got lower than 3700 (out of 4200 life) and this is pretty typical of my gameplay. I can clear level 75-76 maps with about any mod without any problems.

In term of offence, I can summon about 10 Raging Spirit in 3 second. Together, they dish about 70k dps. If you add the extra damage from Shocks, Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Weakness, the real number is probably much higher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info