First Uber Atziri Kill and Atziri Ambush/Invasion Prizes Awarded

it just keeps on getting better and better.

Spoiler
1. Alt+F4
2. snapshot
3. sell kills
4. (reserved)
5. (reserved)

i wonder what other game mechanics POE have that makes it possible for players to reap rewards in this game...
Snapshotting still being allowed is silly in my opinion GGG.
So basicly GGG announce a swimming race. In the sea of shit, but... still a race.

So people swam.

Many have drowned, many have turned back, because they've realised what are they swimming in...

And suddenly there is a dude that finishes first... on a motorboat.

And GGG officially acknowledge his win.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!
"
maxkardinal wrote:
So basicly GGG announce a swimming race. In the sea of shit, but... still a race.

So people swam.

Many have drowned, many have turned back, because they've realised what are they swimming in...

lol, i like your analogy...

but dont forget the other passengers on the motorboat... they get rewarded as well.
"
maxkardinal wrote:

So people swam.

lol, exactly!
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last time I checked the thread was 13 pages long. Now it is 7. Did GGG do some banerinos?
"
patataz wrote:
it just keeps on getting better and better.

Spoiler
1. Alt+F4
2. snapshot
3. sell kills
4. (reserved)
5. (reserved)

i wonder what other game mechanics POE have that makes it possible for players to reap rewards in this game...

Omfg. Get over it. Someone did it first, and it wasn't You.
I don't know what your (and others) problem is.
Alt F4 was in the game from the beginning. It is a compromise for the hardcore players that is kinda necessary because the game is unforgiving, to say the least. If you don't like that, don't use it.
Snapshooting was in the game from the beginning. It is a mechanic, and it is ok. Items are designed around it, uniques are only of use because the mechanic exists. It increases the depth of the game and allows for some pretty creative builds. If you don't like that, don't use it.
Kill selling was not intended by GGG. It just occurred because people figured it out that it is possible. It will probably not be possible again. Being helped in the progression by other players was possible in ARPs from the beginning, and it is cooperative gameplay that is very much welcomed. If you want a challenge, don't do it.

There are many other ARPs out there. Some are single player, exploits there are completely up to the player and nobody cares. But in all multiplayer games there are exploits abusing teamplay, char combinations, use of mechanics etc. PoE is far from being the worst offender here.

What I also do not get:
PoE is a game about numbers. Unless you use a system like Dumpster 3 does, where every single stat is compiled into the three main stats (dps, life, toughness) so you can see that in the end every build is basically the same because the numbers can be fixed and twisted (and the system kinda does), you will have builds and items and skills that are a little better than others. And people will figure that out and then the word will spread. And then, in race and other competitive environments, this will translate into many people using said builds. That is completely normal and very much fine for me. Because I can still use other builds. That use different items. Maybe they are actually inferior, but they are still completely valid. PoE makes this possible. In the end it is easier to get good items for said inferior builds, because nobody wants them (ever used Starkonja's Head?).

Oh, and OT:
Gratz to the killer, it was some work and is a great achievement.
Last edited by t_golgari on Mar 31, 2014, 2:04:05 PM
"
maxkardinal wrote:

So people swam.

What motorboat? He did not cheat, he did not kill anybody to win, he just used what was available. His items weren't even that special to begin with.

If it is a swim in a sea of shit, you better bring your neoprens and use a breather.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info