Uber Atziri Down! (My build inside)

i really love reading all those idiotic comments on how unlegitly the guy defeated UberAtziri and how little respect he deserves for doing it the way he did it.

if you think his achievement is nothing special, then how insignificant and inferior your own in-game achievements must be?

the best way is to ignore all those masters of smooth talk whose only accomplishment is showing how stupid they really are.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on Apr 3, 2014, 5:36:18 PM
They should fix snapshoting and rebalance the encounter so that it's not necessary to abuse such mechanic to defeat it.

It seem the current trend for bosses is to overtune them and see who can somehow defeat it. The problem is that only a small subset of builds can if any.
Last edited by patlefort3 on Apr 3, 2014, 5:56:33 PM
"
Cosma wrote:
If you want to snapshot you could do it with a chober or any other weapon in your alternative weaponslot.
That is the proper technique.

This current bull$hit where people perma tricurse with only hexmaster and 2 doedres or snapshot with a tabula rasa and then changes armor has to go away.

You realize the two are the same right?
The programming logic, it's the same. What allows you to do one, lets you do the other.

They are the same.

That said, everyone going on about snap shot, you need to realize how ingrained this is in the game, and it's mechanics, and where will you stop? You say one is okay, but not the other. Well honey-cakes, you remove one, you remove it all. They are the same. Careful what you wish for.

Watch the videos again.

This guy re-chromes his sockets at one point.
What's next? Oh, he can swap all his gems for a specific encounter! Oh no!

Goddamn right he can. Will this be the next thing you all harp on about?
Take away snap, what's next? You people will never fucking stop, so what's next? If snap is gone, and some guy then beats the next hardest boss, from switching gear, using regrets to make a new build, etc, whatever, you're all just going to lose your shit again about how OP he is, about this that, and whatever else. Put it to rest.

I was against snap, but the more I played, I even find it kind of fun. It just adds another lair of gear depth, intended or not, it does, and I kinda enjoy that.

If the only reason you complain about snap is because 'you don't want to have to do it too' to compete, or some similar self-centered bullshit, fuck off. The guy literally changed the color of his sockets to use different gems before the fight. You going to start crying you have to do that too? This guy pulled no quarter, and it's what he did to win. Get over it.

Players that really want something are going to exceed beyond the rest, regardless. Deal with it. If it wasn't snap for you to all bitch about, it would be something else. I bet a lot of you actually would cry about this guy re-forging his socket colors, or switching gems, literally fucking anything that you could bitch about because it wasn't you.
Last edited by gr00grams on Apr 3, 2014, 6:06:51 PM
^lol gr00grams remain calm :)

"
They should fix snapshoting and rebalance the encounter so that it's not necessary to abuse such mechanic to defeat it.

It seem the current trend for bosses is to overtune them and see who can somehow defeat it. The problem is that only a small subset of builds can if any.

^this dude summed it up quite nicely.

It does not add to the game when players are forced within one build to defeat an encounter, concepts like this wil ruin a very core part of the game imo.

What the dude did was cool and within the current boundary's of the game, most people realise that but might not be sadened by that fact.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 3, 2014, 6:11:31 PM
"
gr00grams wrote:
I was against snap, but the more I played, I even find it kind of fun. It just adds another lair of gear depth, intended or not, it does, and I kinda enjoy that.

Your original concerns were right. That you learned to abuse the mechanics and now don't want to give up on the exploitative benefits doesn't change that.

I actually don't care whether snapshotting gets fixed or not. If it's deemed a feature, then it should work consistently for other skills and setups, as well, not only for RF and summons. It did work for other sills and auras, as well, but that was fixed.

The way it is right now is an inconsistent mess, and while I can appreciate that you have made a 180 degree after you started to reap the benefits, it's still an issue from a more objective perspective. "Depth" has nothing to do with it. I felt Freeze Mine added a layer of depth too, but it still needed to get fixed.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:

Your original concerns were right. That you learned to abuse the mechanics and now don't want to give up on the exploitative benefits doesn't change that.

Think about it, all of you;

Say they fix it. Gems now update as most of you are going on about, this will open a whole new can of worms for 'snap shot';

So I can switch gems on the fly now? Sweet.

Bet none of you thought of that either.
I don't think the fix is anything so simple, if even feasible. If gems are updated as you go, you're all only going to open the flood gates on even more snapping, but on the fly snapping. So I wouldn't be able to use a Tabula, but I could 3 link something, and just change 2 sockets for every scenario. Why do I need a 6L again?

It's not I started to 'reap benefits'. It's really, I figured the game out, and builds have essentially become 'right click machines'. This gets kinda derpy and stale. This only leaves the gear meta-game alive, and this simply adds a layer to it, the other layer being plan gear -> get gear -> end. Game design also does not permit enough sockets. I don't see this as a choice option, somethings are outright necessities.

For auras, it's not fixed. You can carry something like Malachai's Simula in your pack and carry on just like before.

Last edited by gr00grams on Apr 3, 2014, 6:40:55 PM
I don't approve of snapshotting. However I am extremely jelly of those gloves. Dying inside.
IGN:Flickfrap
is it just me, or is every person that hates this guy for using mechanics at his disposal worse at spelling than i was in 3rd grade?
My turn next...to rip

IGN: Matthew
"
HueJass wrote:
is it just me, or is every person that hates this guy for using mechanics at his disposal worse at spelling than i was in 3rd grade?

The irony, it burns.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info