[1.2] Tri Element Trapper (Update to Arkon 9944's build)

Is my gear ok? Level 66 at the moment, doing 1.6k for fire trap.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABS0OSBGWFSAY2xmGHNwelCFgJDwmlSepKPoppSpNLOktRzqzPI5AoEWdRnFJUUp9TipQQlVLVi1XyVptW69bu13yYEtirGegb55wUXBScNV07XTxeqp6736wf8aCHoLHgwmFMod2iEKMNpMnmK2a4J1jnaOdqqSxp1ysP6xHrH-0DLQ4wFHBxcM6ykrVT9sL3FfdDd535Rnljuq66yzr7vId-ej79fyr_MU=

Hey, I haven't played the game for a while now (I think since March 2013) and I don't really have a good "grasp" on the game anymore. This build looks kinda cool and decided to give it a shot but the skill tree isn't updated yet. Could any kind soul do a approximate skill build on how to get started and where I should aim to go for the build?
Could you please fix the skill trees? None of them currently work and I'd like to try it out.

Thanks!
I think new passive tree can be like that. But Im not sure about it I still try some variations.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBRXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2B2PLvVVLYeKkseWOnWNd8nDVidNwUg5IHvC3de4VEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfId7BjBxYhCgh7bC-OEwJz2_EcG2-dwUbMDMhhTMQZ3dm9-sNhUJpUWvw-rUzWbtdngTptGK8M6ykpRTKxHfVsqTT8nSsgVICzp3Q1br04qKaUY23TxhTL8xWegh3ZKfW6qtfI1kti9_gq3PkGH-eiCxyj66-6a4EWdU1JvnvGzS1fA45ykhxN3B6c0Kgvz6g==
Hey any chance you may update guide for new skill tree? :)
hello fellow trappers,

I have had an extremely hard time figuring out how to rebuild the trapper with the new tree. I have a few in mind, but have not respecc'd my trapper on standard yet.

If you want I can put up the builds i have been contemplating and we can work together to find something that works.
I asked about the skill tree myself a while back and a fellow named Konokrad was nice enough to throw these two together;

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfIOSHDV44Qe8BGWidM2Pbd1f8YHHnBSnaoc3KKjlS5irGyMkyfB8_DVtMW0DIIej_pJUdvnsnDqukZx2wvr9XBRYpUNfIMJZJ12b7MDKlNXyW-e8h1-sDIYKPqcpPGz2FRTMevumK2Cx4cTS1ea4PnodwfA40WdQYdTUrc-_gryRdi9OuE1kqZXtfL-j03jbqpKyD8nKk0VICzp3Q1brzqzGNtOKnTxKaWFMg==

And this with use of a unique and/or Acro;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfIOSHDV44RjQx7wEZaJ0zY9t3V_xgcecFKdqhzcoqOVLmKsbIyTJ8Hz8NW0xbQMgh6VII_6SVHC7NvnsnDqukZx2wstH-v1BbVwUWKVDXyDCUyzZJ3UI3ZvswMqU1fJb55QMJeVrrPyHTBxfrAyGCj6nKTxs1JTQZbdqNhUUzHr7pitgseHE0tXPV_Q9Ut4muD56HcHwOM6QkWdQYdTUrc-_gryRdi9OuE1kqZX_o9N4w==

I personally am running the first build. Lvl 70, with 6 points left to allocate as I figure out if IR/EB right now would put me into a worrisome state of extreme squishy. I have the following setup for gems and links;
Fire Trap w/ fire pen and increased critical damage.
Cold Snap w/ trap
Lightning Trap w/ multi trap
Bear trap
Clarity w/ reduced mana (also have a Grace hooked up but not enough lvl on the reduced to run both and still trap spam)
Whirling blades w/ faster attacks

I do fairly well, Cold Snap tooltip is 2.2k or so Dps last I checked, fire trap's is 1.9k last I checked, bear trap's is 1.6k last I looked and lightning trap is 400ish (think this is per projectile). I have found that I can just drop a cold snap or fire trap and just walk away, most things die but I am only in lvl 66-68 maps so far. I do not have EE yet, but I ran an EE map and a good rotation of traps will nuke things to the ground fast. My rotation was Lightning, fire, cold. Hope for shock, get the insane trigger damage on fire, freeze hopefully in increased burn.

Two interesting things to note;
Herald of Ash; holy crap. This at lvl 1 made my Bear trap go from 1.4k tooltip to 1.9k tooltip damage. Does nothing to the other traps, but my god the single target that could have provided.
Herald of Ice; added damage to Fire trap, Cold Snap Trap and Lightnin Trap. But if goin EE might no be a good choice (it will proc ice damage on every hit). Though not sure as I only have the EE map I ran on my buzzsaw as evidence (which uses herald of ice and Wrath with all ele damage on MH, mobs were saying "resists elemental damage" after being hit once).

All in all very fun to play, and viable.

For reference current build on my trapper (I think, the on site tree is not very mobile friendly to say the least);
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABx4NfA5IEZYVIBzcHvAmlSj6Kk0s6TIYNZI2PTqzOuE_J0GHRXxFnUZxSVFKyEtXTeNTMVNSVUtXyV3yYeJirGSdbIxuqm-ecFFwUnDVdm9-WX_Ggh6Cx4MJidOMNo_6kyeVLpeXmuCdY52qoqOksaZXswO0DLQ4tMW18rc-t3XA48Hz2L3b590N44TlGeWO6rrr7uv18NXxs_Id8kX56Pv1_gr-jw==
As you all ask for an update for this build, here is what i I already played a trapper (following this guide) in domination i think and just tried to adapt to the experiences i got there. Im not sure how endgame viable this build is cause im only level 55 but if you want i let you know how it goes, especially towards 70+ maps.

First of all, my planned skill tree:

Spoiler

scion

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56MaeEH8MfYLHmK0o-rQM6roNfFfJwcV_xhzckyfbC4IeiEIvb9kTcLvsGEcG0NCP-tvnUzEyGLMDcFEaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSm-egwlGcU6b2eCVLvDVBx5JUbd1HvAOSBGW7hVd8qxHUUx9WypN2L3-Crc-QYcppU4qW6_dDSzpFSBKfYd2Z6D8xeWOnWOMNqSxKlNilbJwwONLV_Gzdm9-sNhURisb4Oc6M3iQDX8rd9dW-uGIHao=

shadow

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2nWPljqSxXfIOSNsLgh6IQsHFf8YRli9v2RNwu-wY0NCP-kcG2-dTMTIYswNwUZitKPpXyQ186rq0DJMnHNzGnhB_DH2Cx9i9_gq3PkGH-ej8xd0NSn2Hdmegfyt311b6kA0zeOc6G-BJUfDVBx6VLk6b2eCbtcM6ykpvnoMJRnHA40tX8bNGKx2q4Ygaj_ba-wkZiizpKk0VICmlTipbr6xHUUx9Wx7wt3XuFXZv2FR-sLJwKlNilQ==

Im playing as a scion right now. You might ask why? Here comes my experience with that build: I never felt it deals not enough dmg but is lacking mana. With the scion i can get some mana nods at her start. If you want more dmg, shadow is the way you go cause you get a bunch of elemental dmg nods at the beginning. And the scion uses one point less to reach all the keystones (at least if i didnt miss something by accident ....). Due to the mana issues i also dont go for MoM. But im really not sure about this, as it makes me much more vulnerable. Probably i might change that, its not far away. But it sometimes happened to me to get stuck in a bunch of mobs and no mana for the rotation as it instantly got drained due to MoM.
Defence: My defence comes from the highest AA i can get (buffed with empower) and high armor from iron reflexes, determination and grace. Maxed resistances are a must have ofc :) I might be able to run an additional resistance aura if needed. But i dont know if i have enough mana for that, still testing and leveling :)

The dmg comes from firetrap as usual, using the rotation to proc EE as efficient as possible.

Key-items

divinarius, carcass jack (4L possible, but 5L is recommended)
alphas howl
sunblast belt
deerstalker boots.
You see we only have a few rares to cap our resistances and get a life pool => might get a bit expensive

Links:

Fire trap - concentrated effect - reduced duration - multiple traps - increased area of effect (this is only for 5L and can be switched with something like fire penetration, especially if you have a carcass jack)

Frost nova - multiple traps - reduced duration - free gem (i used increased area) => linked in deerstalker boots

Lightning Trap - multiple traps - reduced duration - lightning penetration
OR:
Shock nova - trap - multiple traps - reduced duration (i use this one cause i got a quality shock nova, more shocked enemies)

bear trap - added fire dmg - culling strike - item rarity

lightning warp - reduced duration - faster casting

clarity - grace - determination - reduced mana

If you have any suggestions, improvements or critic i would appreciate to hear it!
Last edited by Garrinch on Sep 5, 2014, 11:59:36 AM
Garrinch have a good point btw.

i did more testing and came up with this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfIOSHDV44Qe8BGWidM2Pbd1f8YHHnBSnaqio5UuYqxsjMHz8NW0xYIelSCP-klR2-fbC2sX6_VwUbzqZJ12b7MDwFTyHX6wMhhqQwj02FRTMW0Zl_RSU5eVPV9MswQHrrOD2x8CQZZVxjbF0PU6WNgkpwi4k9rdna7r7hpsmuAo-hZv5CJFnZitgsckqo5kU1L56Dbp96bjarb6QYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhplc1kk3j_o_r5F8q

IR is waste of points actually. Difference between 2k armour and 0 armour late game is very little. MoM have negative synergy with linked traps manacost. So we use lightning coil + purity of lighning as well as AA. Tree have huge diversity, after you get coil you can drop life nodes and get more burn damage, crit multi, or acro/fase acro.
Any new tree updates on this?
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info