[3.1] GLADIATOR 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank + a BoR version

not sure if you really need any life leech nodes on passive tree. I run this on blood magic just fine.
the build blocks most of the scrub attacks.. I personally use blood rage and warlords mark and i find it keeps my hp at 100% most of the times... its only the dumb shit like dominus light of divinity when on shock stack and his shocking blast immediately after it that gets you killed.

Also swapping LL for melee splash on tough boss is of help. allows me to leech without getting stunned ( going for unwavering stance) to face tank all its heavy hits that dont get blocked and recover quickly.

For all the easy stuff ive never really needed unwavering stance.. its the hard map bosses on rare maps with buffed up mods that require all of your fast responses and getting stunned or not able to quickly recover es or cast blood rage/warlords mark during stun is what gets me killed.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Well said! :)
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
Zinja wrote:
not sure if you really need any life leech nodes on passive tree. I run this on blood magic just fine.
the build blocks most of the scrub attacks.. I personally use blood rage and warlords mark and i find it keeps my hp at 100% most of the times... its only the dumb shit like dominus light of divinity when on shock stack and his shocking blast immediately after it that gets you killed.

Also swapping LL for melee splash on tough boss is of help. allows me to leech without getting stunned ( going for unwavering stance) to face tank all its heavy hits that dont get blocked and recover quickly.

For all the easy stuff ive never really needed unwavering stance.. its the hard map bosses on rare maps with buffed up mods that require all of your fast responses and getting stunned or not able to quickly recover es or cast blood rage/warlords mark during stun is what gets me killed.

I use enfeeble in CWDT setup,so no WM for me.
But thats what i thought,with 250 life regen per second,ES+Aegis can protect you long enough for HP to refil if any damage gets to health (if adding chaos ress to gear is possible on new crafting benches i will add it on 2 or 3 items so i can run 20q blood rage)
patch 1.2 build update

Well I have been a firm follower of this build as well as another build, but unfortunately with the changes that have been made, special to spell block, the tree has somewhat been modified. This is my interpretation of how the new tree should look like. Overall its very similar with minor increase to dps and ES and the lose of spell block, ELEMENTAL ADAPTATION and life leech node.

Tree

build

Gear
Spoiler

My chest is different in poebuilder compared to my actual chest since the uniq version hasnt been update into their system.

With the previous build I was able to farm atziri with easy and facetank the trio w/o a Lifeleech gem. But I had taken the 2% life leech node as well as elemental adaption. I am not sure if the tree will remain as is until launch date. I honestly hope not bc we got slap hard regarding our defensive properties. Plz feel free to comment
Your build is different in the sense that it might be called as a separate version which utilises and revolves around aegis aurora. My build is life based, your is hybrid life/ES, and for that, your tree seems fine.

Losing max res is a big hit to tanks in general, yes. But it was more or less mandatory to take elemental adaptation for any build that was nearby, so it's not just tanks, it's everyone. But that's what PoE is about, the game and the meta change, and we adapt, which is what makes it fun :)

Thus, this build (like all builds that had elemental adaptation) will suffer a bit, but it will still be very tanky, especially bearing in mind that it is easier to achieve max block chance with the tree changes. Block still remains an insanely good mechanic for survivability.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
Your build is different in the sense that it might be called as a separate version which utilises and revolves around aegis aurora. My build is life based, your is hybrid life/ES, and for that, your tree seems fine.

Losing max res is a big hit to tanks in general, yes. But it was more or less mandatory to take elemental adaptation for any build that was nearby, so it's not just tanks, it's everyone. But that's what PoE is about, the game and the meta change, and we adapt, which is what makes it fun :)

Thus, this build (like all builds that had elemental adaptation) will suffer a bit, but it will still be very tanky, especially bearing in mind that it is easier to achieve max block chance with the tree changes. Block still remains an insanely good mechanic for survivability.

Yes its somewhat of a change, primarily due to the change to life vs ES. I believe ES will become more crucial now. Also max block i believe has never been an issue. My primary concern has alway been spell block, which I was never able to max. Now we lose out on 10% spell block as well, which IMO is a slap to the face. As you know better the anyone, spell/elemental damage was spiky and huge with Atziri and Domi. This with elemental adaptation was our primary source of survival. But do you believe that we will still be able to farm atziri like once b4?
True, you could max it before, but at the very late-game or by sacrificing some other nice points. Now it's a lot easier to get max block than before, that's what I'm saying.

From all the builds that did Atziri, block builds should still belong to the "top tier" atziri farmers, imo. Yes, the elemental spells will hurt more, but Aegis still offers great survivability.

In the end, we can only wait and see :)
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
True, you could max it before, but at the very late-game or by sacrificing some other nice points. Now it's a lot easier to get max block than before, that's what I'm saying.

From all the builds that did Atziri, block builds should still belong to the "top tier" atziri farmers, imo. Yes, the elemental spells will hurt more, but Aegis still offers great survivability.

In the end, we can only wait and see :)

well thank you for your quick response. I am curious to your new interpretation of this build. But I imagine you will want to keep it a secret so that you can get ahead in the game. Well ty for having created this build since it did influence my build and i hope to see your updates soon
Had my first run in with apex ... now ive come to understand that for the hits that do not get blocked by block... you can get 1 shot by vaal smash even with 82% physical dmg reduction with grace+ determination...
I can see why the immortal call setup is soo god damned essential ... But ive had a lot of problem with scrub mobs blocking my movement/knockback and not letting me leapslam away quick enough..
The lazer beam is a god damned killer... not sure how you are avoiding it... the only thing that even remotely worked for me is to get under vaal's butt..

The life leech gem did not help much with killing apex duo boss ... because im running around most of the time to avoid hits ...
oh yeah this did help a bit
to not die to scrub mobs those sparkling mages.

I just dont get how you are able to move that fast and keep running dodging the lazers when i tried it running in a circle it still got me.

btw this is the tree ebbing from my understanding that immortal call endurance charge mechanic is an absolute must along with unwavering stance in my case ( cos im a scrub who cant handle fast jumping ... when getting knockback/block)

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_8wagtPuq5FHBBHloC2F4DTboWK86Ug48n8u-iiXfG_qkGQHchNmbg1PfWNuE73Ttbmm-p8AP0k22QWqT1e0ppU4q55Gsr8OGZ5sZLtSPJ-2sqnKpfNlZ88AakFUaOKeE7DhN2DrYgW-ePASz8B-iALT5Zp760n7iT32AVlFgYSEaVXnABjnu2dwdxYrjajbpFm8kqkZphyn2SIzPPfxlTRRS458nL7yf7w5lpzB3JviVm-JhhxlsFvxLBS1gS3rvqZUS4S3S2WFXDZHO

i will have max block at 90 level ..

Serge can you post video of your atziri boss fight.
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
Had my first run in with apex ... now ive come to understand that for the hits that do not get blocked by block... you can get 1 shot by vaal smash even with 82% physical dmg reduction with grace+ determination...
I can see why the immortal call setup is soo god damned essential ... But ive had a lot of problem with scrub mobs blocking my movement/knockback and not letting me leapslam away quick enough..
The lazer beam is a god damned killer... not sure how you are avoiding it... the only thing that even remotely worked for me is to get under vaal's butt..

The life leech gem did not help much with killing apex duo boss ... because im running around most of the time to avoid hits ...
oh yeah this did help a bit
to not die to scrub mobs those sparkling mages.

I just dont get how you are able to move that fast and keep running dodging the lazers when i tried it running in a circle it still got me.

btw this is the tree ebbing from my understanding that immortal call endurance charge mechanic is an absolute must along with unwavering stance in my case ( cos im a scrub who cant handle fast jumping ... when getting knockback/block)

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_8wagtPuq5FHBBHloC2F4DTboWK86Ug48n8u-iiXfG_qkGQHchNmbg1PfWNuE73Ttbmm-p8AP0k22QWqT1e0ppU4q55Gsr8OGZ5sZLtSPJ-2sqnKpfNlZ88AakFUaOKeE7DhN2DrYgW-ePASz8B-iALT5Zp760n7iT32AVlFgYSEaVXnABjnu2dwdxYrjajbpFm8kqkZphyn2SIzPPfxlTRRS458nL7yf7w5lpzB3JviVm-JhhxlsFvxLBS1gS3rvqZUS4S3S2WFXDZHO

i will have max block at 90 level ..

Serge can you post video of your atziri boss fight.

maybe i can help. I wish i could have seen your gear and now how much dps you have. Now this is my tactics.

Aura:
Dual Vaal: Haste Disc hatred
Trio: Grace Disc Hatred
Atzi: PoF Disc hatred

Now I have vaal Haste as well. I start off by attacking the vaal on the Right sight. I attack him until he goes under the floor. Then I switch to the other one. I do the same. Now when you see him doing vaal smash just leave. Trust me. The laser you can kite as well if you are having trouble. The important part is not to kill them separately. In which i mean you want both of them to be at low life b4 you kill one of them. The reason is bc they enrage when one of them dies dealing more dmg. So I try ot have both of them at around 10% life b4 i kill one of them. Once I kill one of them i immediately go to the second one and pop vaal haste and vaal flask. This will give you a nice dps boost giving you enough damage to kill thme b4 they enrage.

Now for the trio I kill the cyclone guy first. The reason why is bc of corrupted Blood. SO I go around the room counter clockwise until I reach him. I immediately pop vaal haste and vaal flask. At this moment you should be face tanking 3 of them. Stay still and fire away until he is dead. Watch you life bc of CB since he can still apply it. I use Aegis Aura shield to regen me ES. But an alternative is a life leech gem. Once he dead gtfo bc that black shit kills you. GO after the tittie bitch in the center. Just mack sure IC is up. WIth this you should have no issues.

Atziri
Is just practice. once you understand the mechanics and see his pattern you can avoid a lot of the dmg. The main issue for me was the minion phase. If you dont have enough dmg they will regen all the dmg you have done. You will need AoE as well as popping vaal flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info