The Mysterious (and Costly) Case of Immortal Call.

I was doing an Atziri run on Hardcore with my Invincible build, then suddenly I'm dead because Immortal Call duration dropped mysteriously. I have the VOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxy-35BQ0_I&t=1m55s

If you watch closely on my IC timer, starting at 2:04 in the VOD, the duration suddenly drop from 6 to 5 and then 1 second, and I died shortly afterward, at 2:06s.

Desync is impossible, since I proc IC at 2:05, which means I was still attacking them and I wasn't standing still on server. This has never happened before, while I was running regular maps or testing my build. I also did so many Poorjoy maps without taking any damage before.

I'm really sad, because this build was planned to be able to do Apex of Sacrifice, or even Uber Atziri map, with ease and safety, because I'll have 100% physical reduction, 100% all elemental resists anytime I'm attacking mobs, and I shouldn't die to something like this.

Here's my defensive stats whenever I'm in action:

Spoiler

My Gears are here:

Spoiler

And I redid the map on Standard and it was nothing :< 0 death..
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Last edited by _Gaia_ on Apr 4, 2014, 11:59:55 PM
you lost endurance charges
ic got triggered a moment before you built them back up again
Yep. Your CWDT (I assume) recast Immortal Call when you had ~4 seconds remaining, but no endurance charges at the time. The new duration overwrites your old one and it doesn't re-proc it again before your death. This is only likely to happen under sustained high damage circumstances with a crappy intersection of CWDT gems, which is why it didn't happen earlier.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Mar 28, 2014, 1:18:50 AM
This is why you run two CWDT's if you plan to attach IC to it. I use a level 1 and a max level in my Standard Marauder.
The above posts are wrong. Gaia, I think you should post your gear so people actually understand the problem here.

Gaia isn't running any CWDT. Immortal Call isn't being triggered from CWDT, it's being triggered from CoC. Every IC proc should expend a MINIMUM of 1 Endurance charge, because Voll's Devotion generates Endurance charges on crit (due to the Romira's Banquet interaction).

Also, note that this has never happened before. We've run Poorjoys and more Poorjoys with ease, with essentially no damage taken. We're still unsure if this is a bug (this same thread has been posted in Bug Reports, but no one has provided a definitive explanation).

EDIT: For people who are actually interested in this, pay close attention to the seconds leading up to Gaia's death. Notice how many times IC is triggered by CoC, meaning that IC is constantly being refreshed with a MINIMUM of 1 Endurance charge per IC (as stated before). If IC is being refreshed and we assume only a 1 sec timer, then we should have seen the timer go down to 1 sec MUCH earlier. Instead, the timer read 6 sec constantly as IC was being refreshed, then suddenly dipped from 5 --> 1 --> 0 sec.
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 28, 2014, 2:20:19 AM
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
I was doing an Atziri run on Hardcore with my Invincible build, then suddenly I'm dead because Immortal Call duration dropped mysteriously. I have the VOD

Delicious tears. I have solution for you for the future

Spoiler
l2p
Last edited by Phantomforce on Mar 28, 2014, 2:59:39 AM
"
Phantomforce wrote:
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
I was doing an Atziri run on Hardcore with my Invincible build, then suddenly I'm dead because Immortal Call duration dropped mysteriously. I have the VOD

delicious tears

The build is invincible, barring any bugs with Immortal Call or some mechanic we're unaware of. If Gaia rerolls another character for killing Atziri (and Uber Atziri), it would almost be the exact same build.

Note: He tried soloing Atziri on SC after his death, and it was cake.

EDIT: He got a Mortal Rage, but I'm aware that Mortal Ignorance and Mortal Hope are rarer?
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 28, 2014, 3:02:16 AM
"
Phantomforce wrote:
I have solution for you for the future

Spoiler
l2p

Thanks for the suggestion, but in all honesty I think as far as theorycrafting goes, we've maxed out and the only help you could possibly provide is if you can definitively explain why Immortal Call stopped as it did. We've had quite a few 90+ HC players look at this, and the best answers we've gotten are uncertain hypotheses.

Basically, we'd like someone from GGG to explain all the mechanics involved. Our long-term goal is to kill Uber Atziri on HC, so it's important we get all the mechanics fully understood before we attempt Atziri again.
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 28, 2014, 3:07:31 AM
im pretty sure ggg will nerf it. invincible builds - even with effort - are something that break the game

as for the IC case - no idea, but looks mighty strange..
Invincible build wasn't invincible after all. /gloat

But jokes aside, have you sent a PM to one of the gameplay devs? I find that gets you answers quicker than asking the largely clueless community.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info