multiple accounts...

"
Cloud5107 wrote:
"
Aki wrote:
I gather that IP addresses are recorded alongside account names so that multiple accounts do not increase the chances of being selected by the timer.

I know Chris has said that multiple accounts do not offer an advantage.

I don't think that is true as like a week or 2 back a guy had like 80 accounts or something and he won a key i believe?

Well he can win anyways by just being lucky, he just dont get higher % to be chosen by having multiple accounts.
What happens atleast once in 60 minutes?

Ingame, forums, irc:

"Nyydia: Brb getting coffee"
I could also make a ton of accounts but I have a little dignity and I'm fair, with me and the others. I can do that even if I would kill for a key, because that feels just wrong :(
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

I heard having keysus in your sig increases chances of receiving a key by 2mil percent!
It has already been said by GGG dev's that having multiple accounts does not increase your chances to getting into the beta. Now if you had access to multiple IP's then that would probably change the matter.
Because my brother made his account with the same ip as I did... I halved my changes to get a beta key? :( That's just lame.
depending on 2 things :
You two made your accounts the same day => Same IP => only one of the 2 account have a chance.
You made your accounts on differents days :
Case 1 : You have a box whith permanent IP => Same thing as the first.
Case 2 : you have a box without permanent IP, different IP for account => each of you have the same chance than the other people.

I guess i'm right and that's how account are filtered for getting in timer...
For what I understand is that the IP address is the same always. The box can only change the local IP addresses. I just need to feel extra lucky now :P
"
Isomac wrote:
For what I understand is that the IP address is the same always. The box can only change the local IP addresses. I just need to feel extra lucky now :P

no if you have a static IP from you service provider(usualy costs extra) your External Ip will not change But if you have a more common Dynamic IP your addres can change every few days or so it doesnt allways change but it can. As to the local ip address, that wont make a diffrence because most home routers have NAT (network address translation ) on by default as to let you have multiple devices behind 1 external IP else you would need a externals ip address for each machine :D

anymore networking questions :D

"
troublekid wrote:
really suck... they just take up server space and its a cheap way of getting a beta invite, a person who makes 20 accounts which have been on for 1 minute has a better chance of getting in than the person who has the 1 active account and actually uses it despite the fact that the person with the active account has a 10X greater chance of getting in.

is there anyway we could put a limitation? perhaps the account has to have been active for more than 1 minute?

By the way... When it comes up that one of the multi-account people win the timer, like Bartek, they have been banned when it is brought to the attention of GGG.
Banning people with the same IP wouldn't be fair, some people share computers (not by choice usually). Yeah it could be argued that one person could get the beta and both could use it but that isn't always a viable option either. Complicated situations require other circumstances.

That being said, one person spamming multiple accounts is unfair but it's to be expected, life isn't fair, just have to deal with it.
really... why didn't chris shut down new signups UNTILL all the current base got keys? would have saved countless grief upon it's memebers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info