End game marauder survival\dps question

"
_Seze_ wrote:
He said that u can do fine solo just must be a bit careful end game. But when it's 6 man party, mobs become very hard(mostly archers and mages) and hit for insane amounts of damage.. so end game 6 man party might be a suicide to jump into mobs with melee...that's why he calls it Path of Ranged Exile...melee are very underpowered compared to ranged, they just don't have the means to survive those hits.

I do not understand this, i was under impression that monsters do not gain any power whatsoever, no matter how many people were in party. The only thing that scales is their HP.

Not to trashtalk anyone but i am quite sure this information is correct and that your guy is wrong on this one.

I mean, i just checked it, i did a map alone and i did it with a 3man party afterwards, monsters did the same damage.

I guess i should be advocating "melee suck, ranged are OP" philosophy since it would lead to buffs, but it is just not true, sorry.

Also, if you run in the middle of a blue pack without full endurance charges and good lifeleech, you are insane, not underpowered ;)

I very much so hope he's wrong. Cause I'm about to start mara and would not like to reroll from 70+ when it's clear that melee is just not for this game. Hope it's all ranged based lies and mara can be a proud succesor of D2 barbarian =)
IGN: Seze
Last edited by _Seze_ on Feb 1, 2013, 8:38:03 AM
Well, let me reassure you that it is indeed possible. Marauder is really good class and works exactly like a barbarian should.

Some goals to aim for : Over 3k hp, 70-75% reduced phys dmg(with 7 end charges, grace and determination) and maxed resists (again, with 7 charges) coupled with 10-20% lifeleech(warlords + life leech gem is 10% alone).

I assure you that you will be able to jump right smack in the middle of almost any pack (multiple projectiles extra damage, just forget about jumping in there).
"
_Seze_ wrote:
"
aajiix wrote:
"
Balsha wrote:
I do not know about real endgame but my lvl 72 marauder can jump into 90% of lvl 67 map monster packs and sweep away happily. You can jump into any white pack and most blue packs but at some you cannot.

I have 3.5k health, 75% damage reduction and maxed resistances (with 7 endurance charges up).

Running clarity and grace on life and determination and hatred on mana.

Hope that somewhat answers your question.

Slighty OT, but I'm running a Marauder myself too and I'm just wondering how can you get 7 endurance charges? I'm seeing 3 endurance charge passives in the tree so where does the seventh one come from? Some item or skill?

Bandit camp quest reward in act 2.

You could realistically get 9 because there is a unique ring that adds an endurance charge as well. That + passing endurance charges onto teammates with conduit or an item that passes your endurance charges and you will be highly valuable to any team.
Last edited by Jumblejon on Feb 1, 2013, 9:11:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info