Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

How do you deal with thorns?

I ripped with my 81lvl Incinerate(same skill tree, 4.5kHP, block 50/57) in easy mods Promenade map from boss with thorns in like 500ms. I was in melee range.

My Incinerate:
11 casts per seccond
5 projectiles

Calculations: 11*5*0.5*0.57=~16thorns hit
4500/16=~280 damage from single thorns

Does thorns do 280dmg to 77% resist or I am missing something?
Hello back here,

currently sitting at lvl 87 with 2 spare points, I'm wondering where the spend them. Here's my tree.
At first I was looking for fire damage or faster casting, but since addition of spell echo, I'm not so sure there's a need for even more damage (already about 200% combined damage in the tree). My most serious options currently are the templar endurance charge to lengthen my Immortal Call, or Inner Force, which will need two additional points. I suppose I'll go for the charge first, and refund the points in two levels to get the full Inner Force cluster. I'll get back a bit of the IC lost duration from Inner Force istelf.

What do you think about it?

Btw, spell echo on Enduring Cry is marvelous, it bypasses the spell's cooldown and you get the charges twice. And surprisingly, it doesn't cast Immortal Call twice, so you can put that all in one in a 4L:

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Spoiler
"
sondeckis wrote:
How do you deal with thorns?

I ripped with my 81lvl Incinerate(same skill tree, 4.5kHP, block 50/57) in easy mods Promenade map from boss with thorns in like 500ms. I was in melee range.

My Incinerate:
11 casts per seccond
5 projectiles

Calculations: 11*5*0.5*0.57=~16thorns hit
4500/16=~280 damage from single thorns

Does thorns do 280dmg to 77% resist or I am missing something?

well normal lightning thorns shouldn't be scary at all, however the promenade map is another story. The target of the thorns (a boss) is a target with loads of HP, and the thorns deals way more damage than usual thorns. I ripped once or twice to this too. One small thing is that my spell block is higher than yours (57% vs 62%), probably due to the corrupted stone of lahzwar. I can only advise to skip promenade if it is too scary, and normal lightning thorns shouldn't be an issue.

second thing: you should be running LMP and not GMP, also this would reduce the damage you take from tohrns.
calculations: i dno. i would have to know the damage the light thorns from promenade boss does

Spoiler
"
Hello back here,

currently sitting at lvl 87 with 2 spare points, I'm wondering where the spend them. Here's my tree.
At first I was looking for fire damage or faster casting, but since addition of spell echo, I'm not so sure there's a need for even more damage (already about 200% combined damage in the tree). My most serious options currently are the templar endurance charge to lengthen my Immortal Call, or Inner Force, which will need two additional points. I suppose I'll go for the charge first, and refund the points in two levels to get the full Inner Force cluster. I'll get back a bit of the IC lost duration from Inner Force istelf.

What do you think about it?

Btw, spell echo on Enduring Cry is marvelous, it bypasses the spell's cooldown and you get the charges twice. And surprisingly, it doesn't cast Immortal Call twice, so you can put that all in one in a 4L:

i personally just like loads and loads of cast speed, so you stack you stacks faster and also your lightning warp is faster.
Taking the immolation node is also possible
Inner force is also a completely valid option
To just spend one point, i think the 6% life 4% chaos ress is not compelete junk, its OKish

thanks for your IC idea :)
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on Jul 29, 2014, 3:56:27 AM
Thanks for your answer.
I've just figured out it'd be more point effective to change my merciless bandit reward to Oak and get 2x3 cast speed. But I'll wait the 1.2 patch before doing so as the tree in the shadow/witch area will sensibly change.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hello,
Im just newplayer, can i ask one question?
If use The three dragons golden mask,and then i hv 6L
(incinerate+ FasterCasting+ Spell Echo+ LMP+ Faster Projectiles)
Last one gem, did u think so can i add ,(added lighting dmg) or (added chaos dmg)?
which one is the best?

thanks for help me, !
With Three Dragons + Added Lightning for shocks + Freeze passive (5% chance to freeze), will you get any freezes?

Thanks
"
hotshotgghot wrote:
Hello,
Im just newplayer, can i ask one question?
If use The three dragons golden mask,and then i hv 6L
(incinerate+ FasterCasting+ Spell Echo+ LMP+ Faster Projectiles)
Last one gem, did u think so can i add ,(added lighting dmg) or (added chaos dmg)?
which one is the best?

thanks for help me, !

I would first look at your mana regeneration. Different supports have different mana mulitpliers (added lightning 140%, added chaos 150% for instance)

If you have a 5L item I would personally go for: Incinerate + LMP + Echo + Added lightning damage + Faster Casting OR Incinerate + LMP + Echo + Added lightning damage + Fire Penetration

the last one gives you the requirement of a Red socket (Fire pen). This can be very useful because you can swap it for life leech when needed ;)

For 6L i would take: Incinerate, LMP, Echo, Faster cast, Added light, fire pen

If you can support it mana-wise, you can then also try swapping added light for added chaos, which in theory should add more damage

"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
With Three Dragons + Added Lightning for shocks + Freeze passive (5% chance to freeze), will you get any freezes?

Thanks

This is indeed something I proposed, but did not choose to take (I have tested it though)
What you have to realize is:
- the freeze chance is rather low
- the damage is so low that mobs wont actually be frozen for a significant amount of time (less than 1 second)
- Mobs do shatter, this means they will die when they get hit when frozen under 35% of their life.

However your damage should be so big in the first place, that this small shatter chance, doesnt really add a whole lot

I can show you a small vid where I used the freeze talents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLpx-NmolDc&list=UU9WNSEmJ5EtQBKJRW-JTLWA
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Last edited by iznobest on Aug 6, 2014, 8:23:57 AM
For iznobest,
So did u think so, if i use The three dragons
use the (added lighting dmg) or (added chaos dmg)
is both? or same?
i dont know which one is the best?

And then,
if 6L you would take, (Incinerate, LMP, Echo, Faster cast, Added light, fire pen)
but if no use the faster projectiles , the incinerate is was so short?
because i dont hv 20%Q incinerate, if i hv 20%Q ,just take your idea?
right?

last one question,
i dont know (Elemental Weakness? or Flammability?)
which one i take to use?)

sorry, my english is so poor
but thanks so much!
Last edited by hotshotgghot on Aug 6, 2014, 9:53:42 AM
"
hotshotgghot wrote:
For iznobest,
is both? or same?

And then,
if 6L you would take, (Incinerate, LMP, Echo, Faster cast, Added light, fire pen)
right?

last one question,

but thanks so much!

Regarding the curse
I use Elemental weakness, because the Quality bonus is better than the one from flammability.

Ele weakness does:
Per 1% Quality Cursed Enemies lose 0.5% Elemental Resistance

Projectile waekness is also quite funny, u can try that too :)

Your question regarding Added lightning damage (ALD) or added chaos (ACD):
I would go for ALD, because it has a lower mana multiplier and causes more shock.
I have never really tried ACD, but it should add more flat damage than ALD.

Just find yourself a 12-15% incinerate gem, its really not that expensive

I used faster projectiles a long time. It adds a bit of safety, because you can hit stuff that isnt even on your screen. However it is a bad damage-support gem. The only damage it really adds is the 0.5% projectile damage per quality
"
iznobest wrote:
"
hotshotgghot wrote:
For iznobest,
is both? or same?

And then,
right?

last one question,

but thanks so much!

Regarding the curse
I use Elemental weakness, because the Quality bonus is better than the one from flammability.

Ele weakness does:
Per 1% Quality Cursed Enemies lose 0.5% Elemental Resistance

Projectile waekness is also quite funny, u can try that too :)

Your question regarding Added lightning damage (ALD) or added chaos (ACD):
I would go for ALD, because it has a lower mana multiplier and causes more shock.
I have never really tried ACD, but it should add more flat damage than ALD.

Just find yourself a 12-15% incinerate gem, its really not that expensive

I used faster projectiles a long time. It adds a bit of safety, because you can hit stuff that isnt even on your screen. However it is a bad damage-support gem. The only damage it really adds is the 0.5% projectile damage per quality

ok, i know now,
thanks so much ^^"
for help my this newplayer ;)
hope u hv a good luck! :D
Last edited by hotshotgghot on Aug 6, 2014, 11:41:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info