Dear Devs: consider corrupted areas on maps

I am disapointed I can't farm the map fragments in maps. At level 95 I honestly couldn't think of anything more boring to do than farm CoS or Lunaris for corrupted zones all day.
The boss design is amazing but how they implemented corrupted areas to be in non map areas only is driving me crazy.
IGN: PixelPopper, PixiePopper
Once you Pop you can't stop!
"
Skorched wrote:
The boss design is amazing but how they implemented corrupted areas to be in non map areas only is driving me crazy.

I agree that they did an amazing job on Atziri but they didn't execute the content the way they should have. I know I already said this but here it is again: a map should turn into one big corrupted area when you use a Vaal orb on it. This would greatly increase the value of the Vaal orb. If they had done this, I think all my friends and guildies would still be on today running corrupted maps. It's not a difficult formula for success: Vaal orb a map and suffer its mods (or don't do it)... get apex frags... rinse and repeat... get to Atziri (kick ass or get ass kicked)... Bottom line is our mapping would be taken to a new fun level instead of being tossed into the garbage can and replaced with low-level farming. Don't stop us from leveling, Chris. Some of us don't want to keep rerolling toons...
Last edited by Gemdraco on Apr 1, 2014, 5:42:15 PM
You log into the game, and have to choose: Will I play maps? or try to get some of the new content?

you know, not a good question to do.

Even worse, if you decide to get some sacrifice fragments, better count on extreme luck or you can EASILY WASTE 5 hours to find what? 4 corrupted zones? 5? and get all dusks.
And to do that, you will have to run City of the Sarn over and over and over... so much fun! not.

Let's face it: Sacrifice of the Vaal was made for the top hardcore nolife players.

I'm not sure whether place Corrupted Area on maps or not, will solve that... but will, at least, will be much better.
IGN: ShadowBeholder
Last edited by gfwatcher on Apr 1, 2014, 1:32:23 PM
There was a lot of complains soon after the patch was released but GGG doesn't seem to agree and we even had people disagreeing too with lame reasons.

Something must be done so we don't have to force/bore ourselves to death running non-map areas (or playing alts) for corrupted zones but I kind of lost hope :\
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 1, 2014, 4:10:30 PM
I don´t want the Atziri´s fragments but I would like to fight some of new bosses they made in maps. They can allow corrupted areas in maps or at least make new maps with some bosses of the expansion.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
So I just farmed Sarn for corrupted area for a while. There is a timer out there that if you develop the range when corrupted areas spawn, ther is a 90% chance for the zone to actually be there. Anyhow, its boring and dumb.

GGG, whoever thought of creating something so wanted by high-level characters(i.e. midnight), and ONLY available in low-level areas - really?

+1 for the OP, make a corrupted zone mod - truly great idea!

If you let us use those useless fragments for other than chisels, like for improving odds of getting those rarest pieces - even better.
I'd prefer them implementing these corrupted areas as new 79+ maps. Or just mix them into the existing map levels.
"
Axarion wrote:
I'd prefer them implementing these corrupted areas as new 79+ maps.

This is also an interesting idea!
"
morbo wrote:
"
Gemdraco wrote:
But GGG has a reputation for implementing any truly sound suggestions from the community. We need more end-game players behind this alteration. Ask and ye shall receive.

My suggestion was to make corrupted maps (ones you used a vaal orb on) have a fair chance to drop Atziri fragments. I would put this chance on the boss, just to make it a better risk/reward.

This wouldn't brake the natural progression of a character (mappers wouldn't need to go back farming faceroll quest content) and would create an additional sink for vaal orbs.

It would also nicely fit lore - corruption spreading across the whole realm, or whatever maps are geographically supposed to be. (at any rate lore is irrelevant when smooth gameplay is at stake)

I like this idea the best. I would enjoy using vaal orbs on my maps to get fragments. That would be awesome.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info