Dear Devs: consider corrupted areas on maps

I still think more maps could be developed. They could introduce versions of new bosses in these maps.
There are only 2 kinds of 77 and 78. My time is always: Shipyard, Shrine, Shipyard, Shrine, sometimes a Courtyard or Palace... Boring!
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
"
mtulio_2000 wrote:
I still think more maps could be developed. They could introduce versions of new bosses in these maps.
There are only 2 kinds of 77 and 78. My time is always: Shipyard, Shrine, Shipyard, Shrine, sometimes a Courtyard or Palace... Boring!

Yes, I agree that entirely new maps can also stand to be created. So the possibility of corrupted areas in new higher level maps is also appealing.
There's been many suggestions since patch release from the community about implementing corrupted area/content into maps but unfortunately GGG doesn't seems to care.

They should at least admit that this new content was not well executed and try to make it better because it's obvious the current system has many design flaws.

"
mtulio_2000 wrote:

So true, they should add more high lvl maps even if they use old tilesets, they used many of them more than once already so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 30, 2014, 5:45:32 PM
"
Warrax wrote:
There's been many suggestions since patch release from the community about implementing corrupted area/content into maps but unfortunately GGG doesn't seems to care.

They should at least admit that this new content was not well executed and try to make it better because it's obvious the current system has many design flaws.

"
mtulio_2000 wrote:

So true, they should add more high lvl maps even if they use old tilesets, they used many of them more than once already so it shouldn't be a big deal.

This one bad decision alone was enough to kill a lot of the mapping/leveling that we had going on previous to SotV. Well, hopefully, enough people push for a change regarding this issue. We've listed a few possible resolutions on this thread. I would be happy with any of them. The bottom line is we shouldn't be bound to non-mapping (lower) zones in order to hunt for frags to get access to end game content. That's just ridiculous.
I support this idea. I don't want to be pigeonholed into farming low level zones just to be able to collect these fragments. How the hell am I supposed to run maps this way?
Maybe everyone should wait to act 4?

I bet the max area level outside maps will be slightly increased, and it will be possible to level up at a slower rate near the act boss area.

It's not really my problem (for now), but maybe corrupted areas should be made more interesting so people actually want to run them parallel to maps.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:

I bet the max area level outside maps will be slightly increased, and it will be possible to level up at a slower rate near the act boss area.

It's not really my problem (for now), but maybe corrupted areas should be made more interesting so people actually want to run them parallel to maps.

So you want us to wait for a fucking year?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
NeroNoah wrote:

7 months most likely. Maybe 8.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
"
NeroNoah wrote:

7 months most likely. Maybe 8.

Well, the thing is, GGG could add the corrupted zones in maps already, they are not doing it because they want many endgames. I expect an outside the box solution to this conundrum. I feel your pain, people, even if it's not my problem.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I'll put this here, too:

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
put the corrupted zones into maps as well

agree.
we can get a Map inside a Map (if Zana spawns), so we should be able to get a Corrupted Zone inside a Map too.

the exact implementation though, is a bit tricky.

the Apex Of Sacrifice (Atziri) is a level 70 area, and Alluring Abyss (Uber Atziri) is level 80.
so "normal" Corrupted Zones which drop Sacrifice Fragments, can't be higher than level 69 - which is the current state (if creating from Map Device).

therefore I propose the following:

• Corrupted zones randomly spawn in 66-68 maps.
  • account-wide flag, which changes to "true" if the player defeated Atziri in Apex Of Sacrifice.
  • once true, level 71-77 "Uber" Corrupted Zones start randomly spawning in level 71+ Maps.
  • these zones have a chance to drop Mortal Fragments instead of Sacrifice ones.
  • Mortal Fragments can be used in Map Device to spawn additional 71-77 zones, only if flag is "true".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info