[2.2] Fyndel´s LL BM or Mana Spectralthrow - UPDATED FOR ASCENDANCY

"
stzbttln wrote:

auxium is a luxury. Work on getting a crown as fast as possible if you want to keep doing this build. Also, for your gear level, I would recommend flubby's build and spectral throw setup.

What's the difference between this build and Flubby's? I've looked at both guides and following the general idea, but Flubby's guide is hard to read since his frontpage build is pre-1.1.0 and there isn't a conclusive 'this is it' build that I could find in the 100+ page thread.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

On a side note - with my gear (linked below) and a budget of 6-8ex, what would be a good upgrade? Still pretty far from being able to afford CoE/Shav/Acuity... should I keep saving, or spend it on a Auxium? Problem with Auxium is that it leaves me pretty short on Cold Res.

Spoiler

With your budget, there ain't much to do - the only thing I can suggest is replace the helm with one that has similar ES but also resists - that will give you more leeway to replace the gloves with Maligaro's, replace Victory Band, it's trashy (maybe pick up more res there)

At the start of the league, I had a setup that was 200 MF to farm currency, you might want to think about that as well.

Wouldn't replacing the helm be counter-productive to the next large upgrade, which is getting CoE?

You asked what you could do with 6-8 ex :P Doing that would be the best thing for your DPS in the short-term. As you guessed with 6-8 ex you really can't do much. 6L baby shavs is like 14 ex I saw, you could think about that sooner.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

You asked what you could do with 6-8 ex :P Doing that would be the best thing for your DPS in the short-term. As you guessed with 6-8 ex you really can't do much. 6L baby shavs is like 14 ex I saw, you could think about that sooner.

LOL fair enough, but I guess the right option then is to keep saving. I guess I could liquidate my other character and raise ~25ex (he has a nice 6L 2H Axe) but I've been reluctant to do that since he's very efficient for farming Midnights and this type of build is not so much given the need to re-snapshot auras.

As an aside - I've actually self-found most of the gear on this character and Victory Band was one of them, and quite useful while leveling, but you're right that it's probably time to upgrade.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

LOL fair enough, but I guess the right option then is to keep saving. I guess I could liquidate my other character and raise ~25ex (he has a nice 6L 2H Axe) but I've been reluctant to do that since he's very efficient for farming Midnights and this type of build is not so much given the need to re-snapshot auras.

As an aside - I've actually self-found most of the gear on this character and Victory Band was one of them, and quite useful while leveling, but you're right that it's probably time to upgrade.

The natural progression of a spectral throw character starting from scratch or a very small amout of currency should be : buzzsaw then flubby, then fyndel's.

The main differences between flubby's build and fyndel's are the boots and 6L socket colours.

Fyndel specs into unwavering stance and generally uses GGGRBB 6L, while flubby's version uses lioneye's paws for stun immunity (but still keeps evasion) and uses RRBBGG as colours. Fyndel uses hatred because he has the #1 phys dagger. Fyndel's build also used to rely heavily on snapshotting but he recently started using prism guardian and kept the same auras. Overall I guess that's about it, the core of the build is still the same.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Sure - my build is closer to Flubby than Fyndel at the moment then.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

If you can save up enough currency in a reasonable time frame then CoE is your next buy - it will actually turn on your damage and then you can focus on the rest.

Also as mentioned, if you can get your resists capped then move to Maligaro's gloves (very cheap) as they will help your crit chance a lot.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

If you can save up enough currency in a reasonable time frame then CoE is your next buy - it will actually turn on your damage and then you can focus on the rest.

Also as mentioned, if you can get your resists capped then move to Maligaro's gloves (very cheap) as they will help your crit chance a lot.

Yeah, as stated I'm considering liquidating my other character which would get me close enough to buy a CoE.

Is there any good way to get Midnights with a character like this? I suppose I could just run fewer Auras and use a BM gem - not like City of Sarn requires Grace or super high DPS.... hmm...
Yo a little update after spending like another 200 regrets was testing the lioneyes paw boots and all that setup , had like 10k dps more but wasnt able to use auxium cause of the resist problems , meaning i would have to use a rustic sash meaning i would be frozen often etc , and i dont know but when i am in town vendoring or doing nothing moving around with -%speed is a fucking pain in the ass , 2nd thing i tried a mirror spell dmg shield + rare rustic + rare boots , had around 9,1k es and about 5k more dps then with prism meaning ( around 8k less dmg then with lioneys paw but more es around 1k) i would gain 1,4k es but loose the freeze effect from auxium , i am not 100% sure whats better freeze reduction or 1,7k es more but i am 100% sure that i wont play with the lioneys paw boots i think they are only good for snapshotting with empower and using empower is kinda impossible without snapshot , probably gonna craft 6 tier 1 rustic soon and map abit and see how the not freeze reduction feels like with over 9k es
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Yo a little update after spending like another 200 regrets was testing the lioneyes paw boots and all that setup , had like 10k dps more but wasnt able to use auxium cause of the resist problems , meaning i would have to use a rustic sash meaning i would be frozen often etc , and i dont know but when i am in town vendoring or doing nothing moving around with -%speed is a fucking pain in the ass , 2nd thing i tried a mirror spell dmg shield + rare rustic + rare boots , had around 9,1k es and about 5k more dps then with prism meaning ( around 8k less dmg then with lioneys paw but more es around 1k) i would gain 1,4k es but loose the freeze effect from auxium , i am not 100% sure whats better freeze reduction or 1,7k es more but i am 100% sure that i wont play with the lioneys paw boots i think they are only good for snapshotting with empower and using empower is kinda impossible without snapshot , probably gonna craft 6 tier 1 rustic soon and map abit and see how the not freeze reduction feels like with over 9k es

I'm surprised you are having trouble with the res actually - I'm capped using Paws with just 16% allres on shield (whereas legacy prism is way more). Are you still running Purity of Elements when you're trying that?

I guess I'm also using Purity of Fire actually if it's fire res that you're missing.

I am considering selling my Empower though - not sure how it would fit into the setup once they take away snapshotting when we need to run a Blood Magic gem and can't put the Empowered auras on life.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Yeah, as stated I'm considering liquidating my other character which would get me close enough to buy a CoE.

Is there any good way to get Midnights with a character like this? I suppose I could just run fewer Auras and use a BM gem - not like City of Sarn requires Grace or super high DPS.... hmm...

If you use load times to determine whether there's a zone or not it works ok as is. Otherwise yeah, cobble together a quick move version that doesn't need to swap helm/auras at start just for running through CoS fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info