[2.2] Fyndel´s LL BM or Mana Spectralthrow - UPDATED FOR ASCENDANCY

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Depending how much I play in the next month (I'll be moving to a mirrored dagger once the char hits Standard) I may take a shot at getting lucky with

^.^
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
ewaste wrote:

If I would respec into this build, if I would swap my dagger vs a 300 pdps 9 crit 2.0 ias, would I reach 100k+ then?
I got 60k dps fullbuffed atm, and 5.5k es

Help?
Ranger Phys ST Guide
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/888555
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I would not continue the craft - the base limits its potential severely and it is already a decent ele dagger. There are only a few mods left that would affect it so it would be very expensive to get them. (for not a huge upside)

Fwiw there are quite a few really good daggers on Ambush now they just aren't listed other than Eagle Thirst being up for mirror - Flubby has his Eagle Thirst + there are some mirrors of it, Leppas old dagger Soul Etcher is very good as well. There is a half done Tyrannical dagger with almost perfect t1 mods floating around but the crafter went broke and it's not for sale.

Personally I'm on

Depending how much I play in the next month (I'll be moving to a mirrored dagger once the char hits Standard) I may take a shot at getting lucky with

While I appreciate the input regarding crafting it and you're probably right, I honestly have to disagree that the base is what kills it. It's much, much more that it has two mediocre elemental rolls as prefixes already.

Consider this - the Elemental portion of my dagger is actually much better than yours. (Outside of Hatred since it scales with phys):

Attack speed is 2.03 vs 1.88, so yours does 7.98% more damage via attack speed.

However, my crit is 9.56 against your 8.35. If we both had 500% increased Crits and 500% Crit Multi, that means the Crit adjustment factor on the damage is (57.36 x 5 + 42.64) = 329.44, for you it's (41.75 x 5 + 58.25) = 267. My dagger does 23.4% more damage via crits - and this only scales up with more crit chance / multi until it gets capped, which I'm assuming is not really feasible without giving up serious amounts of Aura or ES nodes.

Don't get me wrong - this thing doesn't hold a candle to yours in terms of overall DPS given the lack of physical damage. I'm not sure I'm too concerned about that since it's pretty relaxing never having to worry about physical reflect, but I think Chundadragon's point is the important one, that it needs both phys % and flat phys to get very good physical, and it can't roll it.
"
ewaste wrote:
"
ewaste wrote:

If I would respec into this build, if I would swap my dagger vs a 300 pdps 9 crit 2.0 ias, would I reach 100k+ then?

Help?

I daresay yes if you replace LL with Phys Proj.
well wouldnt a leech amulet with 6%life leech instead of accuracy rating much safer build? and that way it doesnt require atziri gloves I"m leveling up a scion and I"m thinking of this build
but I dont have that* many ex to buy mirrored dagger+coe+6Lshav and addional atzri gloves
"
MOUNTIANGIANT wrote:
well wouldnt a leech amulet with 6%life leech instead of accuracy rating much safer build? and that way it doesnt require atziri gloves I"m leveling up a scion and I"m thinking of this build
but I dont have that* many ex to buy mirrored dagger+coe+6Lshav and addional atzri gloves

You already get 10% LL from Blood Rage 20/20.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
MOUNTIANGIANT wrote:

You already get 10% LL from Blood Rage 20/20.

Blood Rage provides physical life leech. Look at his dagger.

edit: whoops, my apologies - did not see he was gonna get a 300PDPS dagger. My bad.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on May 17, 2014, 11:52:55 AM
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I would not continue the craft - the base limits its potential severely and it is already a decent ele dagger. There are only a few mods left that would affect it so it would be very expensive to get them. (for not a huge upside)

Fwiw there are quite a few really good daggers on Ambush now they just aren't listed other than Eagle Thirst being up for mirror - Flubby has his Eagle Thirst + there are some mirrors of it, Leppas old dagger Soul Etcher is very good as well. There is a half done Tyrannical dagger with almost perfect t1 mods floating around but the crafter went broke and it's not for sale.

Personally I'm on

While I appreciate the input regarding crafting it and you're probably right, I honestly have to disagree that the base is what kills it. It's much, much more that it has two mediocre elemental rolls as prefixes already.

Consider this - the Elemental portion of my dagger is actually much better than yours. (Outside of Hatred since it scales with phys):

Attack speed is 2.03 vs 1.88, so yours does 7.98% more damage via attack speed.

However, my crit is 9.56 against your 8.35. If we both had 500% increased Crits and 500% Crit Multi, that means the Crit adjustment factor on the damage is (57.36 x 5 + 42.64) = 329.44, for you it's (41.75 x 5 + 58.25) = 267. My dagger does 23.4% more damage via crits - and this only scales up with more crit chance / multi until it gets capped, which I'm assuming is not really feasible without giving up serious amounts of Aura or ES nodes.

Don't get me wrong - this thing doesn't hold a candle to yours in terms of overall DPS given the lack of physical damage. I'm not sure I'm too concerned about that since it's pretty relaxing never having to worry about physical reflect, but I think Chundadragon's point is the important one, that it needs both phys % and flat phys to get very good physical, and it can't roll it.

Here's the thing - the attack speed is utterly critical to have on it. (same as where ele buzzsaw gets its damage ie) because our auras look like this (per hit)

Spoiler

Yours is definitely a better ele dagger - and the thing with ele dagger is you want as much aps as possible. (again, think of the foils they use for the pure ele builds) The lightning damage on mine was the Regal roll, and if I'd had it eternaled I would not have kept it. Oh well :(

The 8.35% crit on mine puts me at 91% crit chance, only slightly below cap - I could cap out in tree but I don't mind missing the 4% for now until I upgrade dagger to perfection. (partocularly if you use Critical Weakness - which is a very good option if your dps isn't truly sky high yet)

So we can fix the crit chance - but there's nothing we can do about the attack speed because that doesn't have a cap that we can reach like the crit. (more aps is ALL UPSIDE for us these days thanks to our gloves coming with the latest mod "Everything you do is supported by a FREE SOULTAKER. With love, GGG."

More es nodes is always good of course, but I have enough to survive - we're going to have to adjust to losing some es thanks to our upcoming mandatory Prism Guardian anyways tbh. I run a little lower for mapping normally, but for Uber I swap Discipline into an Empowered aura slot over Wrath and jump up over 7k es to be safer. With an actual good shield would be way higher (note how much ES Fyndel uses on his snapshot setup ie) but I'm not going to be buying one this league seen as we will need to use Prism Guardian anyways soon.

re phys reflect - you won't ever die to physical reflect. Your leech will keep you alive easily. The only danger is ele reflect once you pull LL gem out of the 6l, but if you can get your pdps high enough you'll never die to that either. (also helpful is snagging a broken 47% quality Blood Rage like Fyndel uses haha)

total aside - that's the biggest problem I have with Eagle Thirst and the reason I haven't mirrored it in Ambush. Yes it beats my dagger on dps by a bit (estimate was like 10-15%? I forget, math is there if you like doing it) but with an ele dagger you have to keep LL in the 6l, so it works out a bit closer once you factor an extra damage gem into my link. (Faster Attacks for pure dps, Faster Projectiles for safe long range mapping) Also relevant would be the increased scaling you get from Hatred with a physical dagger.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
ewaste wrote:
"
ewaste wrote:

Help?
no i guess you would be at like 60k
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
"
snapshotting with blood magic mask is still snapshotting failfish
what do you mean ? i am not using a blood magic mask atm :o

Hey, have you moved to using Honour Etcher full time now? (it's linked solely in the updated gear build)

I won't be mirroring either until Ambush ends and this guy moves over but I'd be interested what works better for you in the updated no snapshot build - the aps on Loathe Bane or the crit/acc on Etcher.

afaik in most cases Loathe Bane gives a better tooltip (very slightly) but Honour Etcher is actually slightly better in actual practice. (due to how long you need to stand there spamming for the 0.01% atk speed to even out to a full extra attack)
for the dagger i use the one who was online to mirror
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info