Weird Builds

What is the weirdest build that you wouldn't mind testing out? This would be to the extent of your character at least, as some limitations on skills may be there, but not like I'd know.

Anyway.. I'd probably give a Lightning based Sword/Shield Witch Templar a try. :P

I'd make a Witch, go for the phys first, then lightning, then probably defenses or shield block afterwards (if shield block works right now - not sure).

I'd want Shock Nova as one of my main skills for it's aoe and lightning damage. I'd enjoy a lightning or elemental damage option on my sword, and I'd probably utilize the Shield Slam and Battle Crys as well.

What crazy build can you guys/gals come up with that you wouldn't mind giving a whirl? ^^
Last edited by Viney1 on Sep 20, 2011, 12:20:35 PM
currently leveling a wanderer, dualwielding elemental-wandwitch.

Instead of getting the most projectiles, i try to aim for +allelementaldmg on armor, the passive wand skills provide me with my base elementals. There is also a shiny knockback on crit passive.
Wands also provide a very high inherent meleecritvalue.
It took me to lvl48 untill i could equipp my first +1misslegem, and lvl49 for an additional 30%knockback on normal attack. I think when i reach lvl53 i will be able to normalise the -50%dmg-malus that i get from these 2 unleveled gems, via the +5%dmg per powercharge passive*7.

Now if i would have that uniqe-amulett, i would be more than happy ^^ Additional projectiles without cost.

With crit at 30% i can: Burn, Chill, Freeze, Shock and Knockback at the same time, however their strenghts is reduced when only fighting with white wands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I've been trying to figure out a pure wand / crit build that utilizes the 10% phys damage converted to elemental cluster.

There are currently two things holding the build back: a lack of viable wand skills (Power Siphon and... well that's it) and that the one keystone doesn't work the way it's currently worded(can't remember what its called and the passive skill tree doesn't display properly on my iPad). It's the one that adds +25% resistance to the type of elemental damage dealt, and -25% to the other two resistances. This was really the core focus of my builds, as according to its current wording, I should net -25% to all resistances if I inflict all three elemental damage types, but it only works with up to two elemental types (probably for balancing reasons).

The build can still be viable but I have to find another way to manage it. But the reduced resistances were really important as focusing on crit chances requires a lot of passive points which doesn't leave a lot of room for dps, and the build was meant to be party support by inflicting status ailments to mobs rather than high amounts of damage; the quality of the ailments is determined by damage dealt.

By all accounts, my multi + ice spear crit shadow is doing a better job atm, which seems to be the way for any of the possible wand builds -- spells can do the job better.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The Keystone is Elemental Equilibrium. I'm not sure how it works when you have all 3 elements, but this keystone is mainly used to give -50% element resistance to a certain element when you are attacking with the 2 other elements at the same time. You can't get -25% to all elements with EE, that's for sure.
This build isn't unique and it's probably being done to death right now, but I'm going to use Quill Rain with Explosive Arrow. My take on it however is that I'm going to roll fire witch in order to do so, and possibly try to work my way down to Resolute Technique to fix any accuracy issues (can explosive arrow miss or is it a spell?)
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Im Currently building a Templar Battle Mage Dual wield /Elemental strikes ice fire and lightning / Minions (Lots of them) i basically made my own army lol ... But my Templar can be surrounded even by a boss and his creeps and i still do not die i grabbed as many life / armor and regen nodes i could with out wasting skill points i can play with our without the minions they are not needed but they help clear out a path when im surrounded. I grabbed as many Fire / Ice / and lighting damage nodes i could grab so increase the DPS from my magic strikes like Glacial Blow ...

[un]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAHRGvtP8VHDf-i-KuWOa5hNdrnvrrpCJJILkVp7EoYKO49X_t2ZuoEjAa61nzX-1W7_TlLRBO9lJdC8Epk4cffgqoMR2qBTpWgMkz1TrcqhWDhhva0pEnCgQjMGStdvcu62ALjXzAId7YZqklSwYla-Sv3A4WCb_Sy0EdEXpxx_y0DvIuD2ZMTMAAvzY9Kkh1jFFRowsK0lkyvWbWwHD0ln-qyB4HjBMsWzwGjN1Hi82h5oQ1n6nYsx-IyAkQ1yi4IkJ7l7xH3uCkEYDF9NKdSfDdSHTA5lhvqmuudvta7Q54TQG6kN4HLCASom4-TgYD0iiqDqI3qHZ1nRrENKgBeQDU5OYBzjiL1IvEq737qXHYmIjiH5eALetWJ2OabYlHPxv2XLY2Lqobwb4q509bgVWo0tFNyY7aViUX__iTG5x8hsoZDibkRTbrxVRiEhoWVchswMYhEwL3ZjtJG6KTXIKpdEFW8gk7NRjrK3L2CH-F5VfcgqopxKeYepFT-uivwL_LyGYSqO7iMvt1aMVAGZBpUyXi9gc9IXnaejLqueyWHGVqcqCfU2BHBMnt17l4g4iyqoiBozqZJrjl[un]

Defualt - Templar Battle Mage
HC - Ranger Bow Master
HC - Marauder Two Handed Master
In Training - Duelist/ Dual Wield ?

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.- Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
"
Duskbane wrote:
This build isn't unique and it's probably being done to death right now, but I'm going to use Quill Rain with Explosive Arrow. My take on it however is that I'm going to roll fire witch in order to do so, and possibly try to work my way down to Resolute Technique to fix any accuracy issues (can explosive arrow miss or is it a spell?)

It can miss and it isn't a spell. Even the secondary explosion damage isn't a spell. It used to not be able to miss, but someone tried using it and decided to inquire why an attack was always hitting.

Speaking of weird builds, I've tried a few in my time. I've recorded quite a few of them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/UristMcDwarfy

I'm currently working on a spam-damage Elemental Equilibrium build with Firestorm and totems using Spark. I'm only in Cruel so far, but I am quite pleased with the results up to this point.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I'm making a 2h shadow. He was using full armor, but decided to switch to evasion gear and take leather & steel, and iron reflexes. From there i'm just taking 2h nodes as well as more armor/health.

I run vitality, hated, and purity auras with my mana pool using reduced mana nodes, and blood magic gems on heavy strike and cleave. Ill post the build link when i'm not on my phone. Currently doing pyramid in ruthless.
"
Electrospine wrote:
The Keystone is Elemental Equilibrium. I'm not sure how it works when you have all 3 elements, but this keystone is mainly used to give -50% element resistance to a certain element when you are attacking with the 2 other elements at the same time. You can't get -25% to all elements with EE, that's for sure.

That's the one! According to the way it's worded, it seems that it should net -25% to all resistances if you inflict all three elemental damage types:
Fire damage -> +25% fire, -25% cold, and -25% light
Lightning damage -> -25% fire, -25% cold, and +25% light
Cold damage -> -25% fire, +25% cold, and -25% light

For -50% +25% to each resistance, or a net effect of -25% to each. According to the way it's worded, but mechanically it does not work that way.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I'm actually trying the Witch/Templar lightning build right now. I don't use Nova as my main, I use Spark. I was playing a witch when I noticed how powerful spark was up close, but obviously couldn't be getting hit that much. I decided to start a templar and snake down to maurader for the health skills then up to the witch area for more lightning damage.

I use clarity and tempest shield as my always on skills. Spark is my main damage dealer and I have the elemental curse on a totem. I also have shield charge to get close to range and even run away if I'm surrounded.

So far it works pretty well. I can take a bit of damage and spark up front on cursed mobs is pretty nice. I'm only level 31 in Act 2 Cruel so I'm not sure how it'll play end game.
Last edited by Mettle82 on Aug 15, 2012, 11:10:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info