Staff spectral throw knockback guide. --first layout--

"
Kelgar7778 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Kelgar7778 wrote:
Didnt have to make a big research, just 10 posts and your "constructive" replies in my spec was enough^^
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/814133

Oh hey, its the guy who posted this thread above trying to troll other players, while thinking mods were his personal army.

Yes and i forgot the basic rule. DONT FEED THE TROLL

So you can talk to my hand now^^
Haha the only one trolling here is you, buddy.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Meh crit knockback seems useless.

You could just support it with the Knockback Gem and spec into more damage, Spectral throw + Knockback = Insanity. That was one of the first things i tested when it came out.

Getting a good staff, especially a melee staff with crit on it is hard. You also have to get alot of accuracy via nodes/gear, it just wouldnt be worth it.

The knockback gem for sure isn't worth it. As there isn't any place for it in the Spectral throw setup. I'll tell you the Fending cluster only being 2 extra points is much better choice than replacing added fire with knockback for instance.

And tbh. you don't need that much accuracy with spectral throw. At most 2-3 items with 200-300 rolls will do.
The Blunt trauma cluster looks ok for a crit staff build anyway - so why not get it?
Last edited by Harmster on Mar 21, 2014, 1:08:29 PM
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

You could just support it with the Knockback Gem and spec into more damage, Spectral throw + Knockback = Insanity. That was one of the first things i tested when it came out.

Getting a good staff, especially a melee staff with crit on it is hard. You also have to get alot of accuracy via nodes/gear, it just wouldnt be worth it.

The knockback gem for sure isn't worth it. As there isn't any place for it in the Spectral throw setup. I'll tell you the Fending cluster only being 2 extra points is much better choice than replacing added fire with knockback for instance.

And tbh. you don't need that much accuracy with spectral throw. At most 2-3 items with 200-300 rolls will do.
The Blunt trauma cluster looks ok for a crit staff build anyway - so why not get it?
Well in my opinion, if youre going for the knockback on spectral, it needs to be high enough to ping pong them, i personally dont think 15% is high enough, you dont want the extra distance on the knockback because that actually cuts down on the attacks on target from what ive tested.

But yeah thats true, i suppose if you have the gear for it go for it haha.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Well in my opinion, if youre going for the knockback on spectral, it needs to be high enough to ping pong them, i personally dont think 15% is high enough, you dont want the extra distance on the knockback because that actually cuts down on the attacks on target from what ive tested.

But yeah thats true, i suppose if you have the gear for it go for it haha.

With the crit rating I have atm (50% at 5power charges) + the knockback distance is enough to put quite fast monsters in a standstill actually. While the slower ones (zombies, skeletons) often need a bit of running to catch up on, but they also die faster.
While I'm not totally convinced about the fending cluster (uh it would be nice to have 2extra damage nodes, 27% increased physical damage in my build) I'm going to test it a bit more before I try respeccing to see what its like without it.

This build is mostly made to troll melee players that gets annoyed because of the knockback ;-)
Last edited by Harmster on Mar 21, 2014, 7:03:32 PM
Digging the Guide- thanks
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Im looking to do this build for invasion. Is this build viable for hardcore? If so can you please post a video of you doing high level (77-78 maps)?
Sorry guys for the delay with the video.

I happen to be waiting on some pc hardware I ordered since I'm not sure my old pc (from 2006) will handle the additional load from a fraps (or similar software). I tried recording Supreme commander gameplay 4 years back and I had VERY low FPS. Anyone know a good alternative to Fraps?

About hardcore - yes I think it should be viable. You get very decent life amount / all max resists. Its quite similar to Kripparian's old (now outdated) Freeze pulse build - just not with the lame freeze pulse :p

The only thing that can kill me right now is physical reflect and that's due to my mirrored staff.
You can go vaal pact, but gosh I always hated it. No life regen and free Bloodrage for extra life leech/attack speed (free as in negated by your normal life regen at 0% chaos resist).
Last edited by Harmster on Apr 7, 2014, 1:00:23 PM
HI, nice build.

my version:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQmWDjwUIBRxFkAWbxb5Fy8YkRmFGjgaVRpsHRQkqiThJyAnLymlMfsyfjSONug26TpSPfxCjkd-Sn1OKlBHVElUkVXGVdZYY1nzW69fP2BLYSFko2TnZU1mT2aeZqBnoGoeapNuaXKpdO1673_jgKSBSYTZhO-FfYY7h2qHdog4jM-PRpBVkGybWJ2Kns2fy6SspzCnhKgYqZSrxayqsji2QbyfvqfAD8AaxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdXt3Q3jauOf5FHqGOsJ7w7yL_Pd9kj3Mve--Ov60vtF-4v8ifzF

I played 2 axe ST builds very like this for 8 month.
I find Daresso's defiance is powerful too(i have 3 x 5L and 1 x 6L, i always use it), its the core and cheap for two hand ST build.

My different opinion from yours:
1、Endurance Charge is not worth to pick up two, maybe one is enough, Daresso's defiance keep it add and over.
2、Need find 1-2% mana leeach on gears, and take 2 mana flask(with add amor or remove frozen/bleed), that enough. The 2 mana point is not worth.
3、I think 3 point for knock back is not very worth(not sure, need test).
4、Iron Reflex is worth, Grace is better than determination, or you can use them both(i use them both and have 35k amor, lose some ice damage when do map with cold res/ee).
5、If pick Iron Reflex, then pick Unwavering Stance is worth.
6、The most important: LMP is bad, and fast project is good, hit even more mobs than LMP, and LMP decrease damage, this build damage is not high. I think fast project must be chosen for this knockback build, to solve the "knockback mobs out of range and must move ahead 2 or 3 step" problem.
The link i think: ST + Fast Project + Fast Attack + PCOC + Physic Project (+add fire damage/Crit Damage for 6L, fire damage has map mod leak, so drop it when only 5L)
7、Immortal call link with CWDT can work very well with Daresso's defiance(I use it for 8 month).

sry for poor English.
I maybe try your Knockback ST in new league and thank you for share this idea.
Last edited by fasknifer on Jul 3, 2014, 12:49:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info