★ Corrupted Boss Video Compilation

Hi guys! I had a little bit of extra time on my hands these past few days, so I decided to record myself as I ran through all of the different corrupted areas in Merciless to see what the bosses were like. I'm definitely not the best-geared, but nevertheless, this is in Standard, so the fights were relatively easy for me. But hopefully these videos will at least be a little bit of help to newer players trekking through the world of Wraeclast (especially on Invasion).

In each video I try to show approximately where these corrupted areas spawn in relation to the map layout, and for the easier bosses, I tried to run around a bit during the boss encounter so you could see what attacks/spells they use. Also, if you click on the description below the video, I included some tips that I gleaned from the fights. Anyway, here you go:

Link to full playlist

Act 1

1) Area: Concealed Cavity
  • Boss: The All-seeing Eye
  • Found in: The Twilight Strand, The Coast, The Lower Submerged Passage, The Upper Submerged Passage

2) Area: Sunken Shingle
  • Boss: Perquil the Lucky
  • Found in: The Coast

3) Area: Clouded Ridge
  • Boss: Konu, Maker of Wind
  • Found in: The Ledge

4) Area: Remote Gulch
  • Boss: Sheaq, Maker of Floods
  • Found in: The Climb, The Ship Graveyard

5) Area: Forgotten Obliette
  • Boss: Coniraya, Shadow of Malice
  • Found in: The Lower Prison, The Upper Prison

6) Area: Strange Sinkhole
  • Boss: Mother of the Hive
  • Found in: The Twilight Strand, The Coast, The Mud Flats, The Cavern of Anger

Act 2

1) Area: Secluded Copse
  • Boss: Kutec, Vaal Fleshsmith
  • Found in: The Southern Forest, The Blackwood, The Weaver's Chambers, The Dread Thicket

2) Area: Hidden Patch
  • Boss: Thornrunner
  • Found in: The Old Fields, The Crossroads

3) Area: Covered Up Hollow
  • Boss: Cintiq, the Inescapable
  • Found in: The Den, The Fellshrine Ruins, The Caverns Level 1

4) Area: Secret Laboratory
  • Boss: Atziri's Pride
  • Found in: The Chamber of Sins Level 2, The Chamber of Sins Level 3

5) Area: Entombed Alcove
  • Boss: Shrapnelbearer
  • Found in: The Crypt Level 1, The Crypt Level 2

6) Area: Mystical Clearing
  • Boss: Simi, the Nature Touched
  • Found in: The Riverways

7) Area: Narrow Ravine
  • Boss: Kamaq, Soilmaker
  • Found in: The Western Forest, The Wetlands

8) Area: Forbidden Chamber
  • Boss: Haviri, Vaal Metalsmith
  • Found in: The Vaal Ruins, The Ancient Pyramid

Act 3

1) Area: Neglected Cellar
  • Boss: Rima, Deep Temptress
  • Found in: City of Sarn, The Warehouse District, The Marketplace, The Battlefront, The Hedge Maze

2) Area: Arcane Chambers
  • Boss: Beheader Ataguchu
  • Found in: The Lunaris Temple Level 1, The Lunaris Temple Level 2, The Lunaris Temple Level 3

3) Area: Quarantined Quarters
  • Boss: The Sunburst Queen
  • Found in: The Slums

4) Area: Disused Furnace
  • Boss: Curator Miem
  • Found in: The Crematorium

5) Area: Blind Alley
  • Boss: M'gaska, the Living Pyre
  • Found in: The Warehouse District

6) Area: Walled-off Ducts
  • Boss: Cava, Artist of Pain
  • Found in: The Slums Sewers, The Market Sewers

7) Area: Entombed Chamber
  • Boss: Ossecati, Boneshaper
  • Found in: The Catacombs

8) Area: Sacred Chambers
  • Boss: Shadow of Vengeance
  • Found in: The Solaris Temple Level 1, The Solaris Temple Level 2

9) Area: Stagnant Canal
  • Boss: Wiraqucha, Ancient Guardian
  • Found in: The Docks

10) Area: Inner Grounds
  • Boss: Inti of the Blood Moon
  • Found in: The Imperial Gardens

11) Area: Restricted Gallery
  • Boss: Ch'aska, Maker of Rain
  • Found in: The Library, The Archives

12) Area: Sealed Corridors
  • Boss: Wiraq, the Impaler
  • Found in: The Sceptre of God, The Upper Sceptre of God

Credits to the PoE wiki where I drew the remaining location information from. Hope you guys enjoy!
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Mar 16, 2014, 12:34:14 PM
Good job, what is the build you are using for this ? Btw what was the hardest boss so far ?
"
DMINATOR wrote:
Good job, what is the build you are using for this ? Btw what was the hardest boss so far ?

Thanks! I'm using a Cast on Crit EK build that I'm still working on. Started with Quill Rain as my weapon choice (hence Ranger), but later switched to dual-wield daggers for ST.

Hardest boss was definitely Inti of the Blood Moon in Imperial Gardens. I don't have a true single-target skill, so I inadvertently kill his minions with EK, which he conveniently uses to regen (Soul Eater).
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
Last edited by rrtson on Mar 16, 2014, 8:56:17 AM
Boss: Ch'aska, Maker of Rain

Auto logout!
Great job bro! Though I still do think many of those bosses are totally OP. I'm playing a shadow (Ambush), currently level 49, 2.2k hp, capped res, 3.1k armor, 2.2k dps. Because I like to clear areas and take my time I'm usually 5+ lvls above the zone level. But, those vaal bosses are killing me. I died twice, first at lvl 5 (!!!) in Sunken Shingle (found in Mud Flats FYI) and second at lvl 49 at Entombed Alcove. I don't even count how many times I had to actually escape to town in order to survive. It's just crazy.
"
Ihbram wrote:
Boss: Ch'aska, Maker of Rain

Auto logout!

In Invasion, I'm betting I would alt+f4 if I saw Ch'aska. That or he kills me first from off-screen.

"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Great job bro! Though I still do think many of those bosses are totally OP. I'm playing a shadow (Ambush), currently level 49, 2.2k hp, capped res, 3.1k armor, 2.2k dps. Because I like to clear areas and take my time I'm usually 5+ lvls above the zone level. But, those vaal bosses are killing me. I died twice, first at lvl 5 (!!!) in Sunken Shingle (found in Mud Flats FYI) and second at lvl 49 at Entombed Alcove. I don't even count how many times I had to actually escape to town in order to survive. It's just crazy.

Thank you! I agree some of the bosses really make you think twice about face-tanking the entire thing. Some people hate the new corrupted bosses, but I think GGG did spice things up a bit with the creative (sadistic) skill combinations.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
Nice, thanks.
"
rrtson wrote:
Thank you! I agree some of the bosses really make you think twice about face-tanking the entire thing. Some people hate the new corrupted bosses, but I think GGG did spice things up a bit with the creative (sadistic) skill combinations.
I understand what you're saying here, but I think it's not right when the zone makes you think twice about entering at all. It's usually not worth the exp loss to discover all you got from the zone is 547,127th Sacrifice at the Dusk or a completely useless Vaal orb. Today I invited my two mates to help me out with the zone at the Ancient Pyramid, I was 4 lvls above the zone and my mates 12 lvls. And believe it or not, we all died, one of my mates multiple times. It's just not right. I like the idea of spicing things up, but the Vaal bosses are totally out of balance and my guess is they're gonna get nerfed. Of course, you, as an established Standard player, may see things differently. I'm talking about Ambush.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Mar 17, 2014, 10:51:25 AM
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
I understand what you're saying here, but I think it's not right when the zone makes you think twice about entering at all. It's usually not worth the exp loss to discover all you got from the zone is 547,127th Sacrifice at the Dusk or a completely useless Vaal orb. Today I invited my two mates to help me out with the zone at the Ancient Pyramid, I was 4 lvls above the zone and my mates 12 lvls. And believe it or not, we all died, one of my mates multiple times. It's just not right. I like the idea of spicing things up, but the Vaal bosses are totally out of balance and my guess is they're gonna get nerfed. Of course, you, as an established Standard player, may see things differently. I'm talking about Ambush.

Standard and ambush are both softcore leagues.

So let me get this friggin straight RIGHT now ... because you died *once* to *one* of these bosses, and didnt try a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, time or a different setup, the boss are all broken and they need to be nerfed? 'Totally out of balance' ... right. Newsflash, they already rebalanced them this week and its enough. If you want an easy game, go play minesweeper or something. Or just skip the corrupted areas, they are meant to be hard and test the player's wits and reflexes. Instagrat kids of today *sigh*. Massive wall of qq

Just to recap, OP doesnt have an expensive build, and defeated every single corrupted boss in merciless ....
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 20, 2014, 10:15:18 AM
Bump to show scroobs / qqers dmg is fine

SKILLS > QQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info