so, corrupting a Strongbox?

As Nephalim demonstrated, a corrupt box drops corrupted loot.

Perhaps awesome modded rares and white sockets are an option.
Can anyone who didn't get trash, verify this?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I corrupted a rare strongbox that had a mod of adding extra sockets to items and the box being +2 lvls higher in a lvl32~35 area. It dropped two 6 socket items, one with a white socket(only had two links) and a magic item, it also dropped a few more white items that had white sockets but were not impressive.
I do but they are crap drops. Go to item showcase, apparently its not for general...
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
bump.
anyone got anything remotely good to drop?
seems like the potential is there, and it can be one of the best possible investments of a Vaal Orb.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
you need a shitload of Luck to get a good Corrupted Item. Even a 6L White Socket item can have terrible stats :c but imagine a rare Chest with perfect stats and 6 WHite Links... :O
I've corrupted a rare Cartographer's stongbox and it dropped corrupted maps
just corrupted a rare arcanist box in ghetto map (lvl 68) and it dropped a plethora of orbs including an exalted, chaos, alch, jew, and regret.
- Looking for friendly (english speaking) players for our guild. Friendly parties as well as honest trading/supporting. No experience required! All Leagues welcome!

* Send me an in game PM or Msg here if your interested and Ill send you an invite. *
I always vaal jeweller boxes, and roll them for extra rarity, mirrored is nice too. Getting 6 affixes on jewellery can be really stronk.

Spoiler
You should corrupt any rare box with the mirrored mod (except cartos and chemists)

The corruption will reroll some items rare and of the items it rolls rare 1/136 will be made 6 link. The reason you should only corrupt boxes with the mirrored mod is because all the items that are rolled rare can be sold for chance orbs.

In my experience this leads to a profit ~90% of the time and gives a slight chance of a double 6 link.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I have acquired a few 6L chest items from corrupted boxes. They are hit or miss since you need to rely on getting decent colors and a decent chest. However in a pinch, you can vendor them for a Divine.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info