Righteous fire resource guide

I wonder if RF is not just big hoax. I leveled wtih Flameblast and SB for bosses , it feels so tanky, just really need to care for heavy hiters. After turning RF on it feels like glass mode. Granted i lose some armor on shield and resists are not there yet but still -8% hp/s is a lot. The other thing is that area covered is so tiny vs 0 full channel fb = room clear -_-.
Well i hope once stars align i can use both RF and FB XD

@snapshoting RF - in chest? it means you need to carry it in your inv as RF turns off on zoning. Also you don't need 6L for RF ,4l covers it. You want 6l for whatever skill you want to use in combat to asist your RF (if any).
ye
Last edited by Azixo on Mar 19, 2014, 5:04:33 PM
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
I wonder if RF is not just big hoax. I leveled wtih Flameblast and SB for bosses , it feels so tanky, just really need to care for heavy hiters. After turning RF on it feels like glass mode. Granted i lose some armor on shield and resists are not there yet but still -8% hp/s is a lot. The other thing is that area covered is so tiny vs 0 full channel fb = room clear -_-.
Well i hope once stars align i can use both RF and FB XD

@snapshoting RF - in chest? it means you need to carry it in your inv as RF turns off on zoning. Also you don't need 6L for RF ,4l covers it. You want 6l for whatever skill you want to use in combat to asist your RF (if any).

I wouldn't advise turning on RF if it cannot be sustained :)

WRT to chest piece yes you need to carry it in your inventory, links: RF/inc AOE/conc AOE/inc burning dmg/IIQ/IIR. 5l for new leagues (no iiq gem) 6l for old leagues, 4l if you don't care about iir/iiq :)
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
RF is a bad skill and not worth building around it. Reasons: - max resist, elemental weakness, flamability, vulnerability, half regen, no regen.
"
kavinux wrote:
RF is a bad skill and not worth building around it. Reasons: - max resist, elemental weakness, flamability, vulnerability, half regen, no regen.

Max resist: Pretty much a no brainer to skip unless you want to press Ruby flasks all day.

Elemental Weakness: If you over cap fire resistance, and I mean by like 50+ (145%+), even getting double cursed, will still not be an issue.

Flammability: Same as above.

Vulnerability: Not an issue when you have a ton of ES regen, and your max fire resistance is 90+.

half regen (actually half of everything since leeching is also effected too): RF build is not the only build effected by this. One of the mods I hate the most.

no regen: Pretty much a no brainer to skip

You forgot to mention one mod that usually make me want to split my hairs with my RF character.

75% fire resistance on mobs: I herd u liek to have your RF's degeneration to be nerfed.

Edit: Forgot to mention Blood Magic mod, now thats a mod that messes up almost every build.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 20, 2014, 6:11:46 PM
"
kavinux wrote:

yeah- but it's fun. doesn't anybody play this game for fun instead of a giant min-maxing exercise ?

cyclone with RF. Fun. Leap slam with RF. Fun.

I'm going to level and link a flameblast and see how that spell damage bonus works out, because...

yep, fun.

even if i put the character away and never do anything with it ever again, it will still one of the most fun characters i've played.

and leveling an RF character is just magical. with all that life and regen i could tank cruel dominus, eat a fist of god and keep on trucking.

fun.
nice job. Ever get around to trying my spreadsheet too? Curious to see what you think on that.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I don't think it would work, but does life leech linked with RF have any effect?
"
kavinux wrote:

My lowlife RF can do vuln maps with no problems, and half regen with minimal problems. So far the only mods she can't do are no regen, blood magic and -max res.

It's a ridiculously strong ability to build around if you are doing solo or 2-3 man maps, its damage only starts falling off once the mobs get the full 5-6 man party benefit.

Just because a good bit of RF builds cant do vuln / half regen doesn't mean they ALL can't.
IGN: Ghured
"
Gryphyn wrote:
I don't think it would work, but does life leech linked with RF have any effect?

Life leech only work on skills that does "on-hit" damage. Righteous Fire only deals degeneration effect (damage over time).

"
Vandalain wrote:
My lowlife RF can do vuln maps with no problems, and half regen with minimal problems. So far the only mods she can't do are no regen, blood magic and -max res.

It's a ridiculously strong ability to build around if you are doing solo or 2-3 man maps, its damage only starts falling off once the mobs get the full 5-6 man party benefit.

Just because a good bit of RF builds cant do vuln / half regen doesn't mean they ALL can't.

Pretty much this, and the mods you mentioned that your low life RF build cannot do is very similar to most build. -max res and no regen is bearable to a certain amount of builds, but Blood Magic, man that one crushes so many builds.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 20, 2014, 6:15:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info