Righteous fire resource guide

Hey necro.

I really like your guide and just started leveling a RF marauder in ambush :).

So i just played a bit with your RF spreadsheet. I noticed a mistake, the restriction of the "POF added fire res" is set to the "increased aura effect" cell (value 0-5).

Also the "increased fire damage" and "increased damage" cells are not getting calculated, is this intentional? If not, could i just add the 200% damage from redbeaks to the "increased burning damage" cell?

Last thing is concerning the max fire resistance we could achieve. We get 5% from a level 23 PoF (+3 sceptre for example). Is this value getting buffed by the +28% aura effect and +3% buff nodes of the tree? Because if it works like i think, we can achieve +7% max resis from PoF.

calculation: 5%*1.31=6.55%

I dont know if that value gets rounded up or down tho.

Thanks for the guide and good luck in the new league :)

Edit: Forget my last point. I read JohnNamikazes post, +7% max res with PoF is achievable :P.
Last edited by CptQaoz on Mar 16, 2014, 5:00:53 PM
I've been planning righteous fire build for a while now, mostly to boost spell damage with pain attunement on low life. My planned total fire resist would consist of:

10% Purity Of Fire:

- 78% Increased Aura Effect
- 24% Buffs on you
Making it total 102% for 5% Purity Of Fire. Voidbringer gloves with lvl 20 Purity Of Fire and Level 3 Empower for lvl 23% PoF.

4% from skill tree
8% From Rise of the Phoenix.

Total 97% Fire Resist.

Please correct me if I am wrong, if I am not this is one awesome resist:)

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
you can't get 10% out of PoF

Aura and inner force doesn't add. First your aura is being buffed by 78%
5% -> 8% (it gets rounded down from 8.9)
and then you get 1% from inner force passives -> 9%

You would get 96%.

To get 60% Aura effect - it's a lot of running on the passive land.

@Max resist - now with vaal gem corruption you can get +1% max resist on chest and amulet. Worth mentioning
"
Stt3r0 wrote:

You would get 96%.

@Max resist - now with vaal gem corruption you can get +1% max resist on chest and amulet. Worth mentioning

You can get 10%.

I tested it with a 2% Purity of Lightning and 24% Increased Buff-Effect and 78% Aura-Effect and I get 4%. If it would be calculated seperatly it would be 78% Bonus for 3%, while the 24% would result in nothing because 2% * 0,24 = 0,48 which would be rounded down to still no bonus at all.

So the formula is Basic-Value * (1 + Aura-Effect + Buff-Effect) rounded down.

However skilling Inner-Force is normally a stupid idea with RF since you take increased damage from it. However with 4% from the passiv, 10% from the Aura, 8% from Phoenix and 2% Equip you get 24% Increased Max Resistance so it might not matter at all. But since those nodes are quite scattered it would be a very messy build.
@OP Thanks for this guide!

However the formula of damage taken is not clear.... could you please clarify with an example?

Suppose that you have 1000 life and 1000 ES, and 100 life regen/sec. Zero fire-resistance and zero buff. After you cast RF, what should happen in practice? How much times it take to go to 1HP?

Thanks!
Roma timezone (Italy)
Last edited by HellGauss on Mar 16, 2014, 7:40:06 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Stt3r0 wrote:

You would get 96%.

You can get 10%.

I tested it with a 2% Purity of Lightning and 24% Increased Buff-Effect and 78% Aura-Effect and I get 4%. If it would be calculated seperatly it would be 78% Bonus for 3%, while the 24% would result in nothing because 2% * 0,24 = 0,48 which would be rounded down to still no bonus at all.

So the formula is Basic-Value * (1 + Aura-Effect + Buff-Effect) rounded down.

However skilling Inner-Force is normally a stupid idea with RF since you take increased damage from it. However with 4% from the passiv, 10% from the Aura, 8% from Phoenix and 2% Equip you get 24% Increased Max Resistance so it might not matter at all. But since those nodes are quite scattered it would be a very messy build.

So you cant get 7% of PoF in a regular RF build too? I thought JohnNamikaze already tested it and he said it works.

That was my calculation of a level 23 PoF with 28% inc aura nodes and the 3% inc buff node: 5%*1.31=6.55%

You say the value gets rounded down but JohnNamikaze said that he gets 94%, so it has to be 7% overall and not 6%. Do i miss something?
"
CptQaoz wrote:

So you cant get 7% of PoF in a regular RF build too? I thought JohnNamikaze already tested it and he said it works.

That was my calculation of a level 23 PoF with 28% inc aura nodes and the 3% inc buff node: 5%*1.31=6.55%

You say the value gets rounded down but JohnNamikaze said that he gets 94%, so it has to be 7% overall and not 6%. Do i miss something?

My value is based from a lvl 20 PoF.

4 * 1.54 (without Inner Force) ~= 6.16 = 6
4 * 1.75 (with it) = 7

That is why I said without Inner Force I have 93% max fire res, and 94% if I do.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Another desync post.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 16, 2014, 10:12:09 PM
"
CptQaoz wrote:
Hey necro.

I really like your guide and just started leveling a RF marauder in ambush :).

So i just played a bit with your RF spreadsheet. I noticed a mistake, the restriction of the "POF added fire res" is set to the "increased aura effect" cell (value 0-5).

Also the "increased fire damage" and "increased damage" cells are not getting calculated, is this intentional? If not, could i just add the 200% damage from redbeaks to the "increased burning damage" cell?

Last thing is concerning the max fire resistance we could achieve. We get 5% from a level 23 PoF (+3 sceptre for example). Is this value getting buffed by the +28% aura effect and +3% buff nodes of the tree? Because if it works like i think, we can achieve +7% max resis from PoF.

calculation: 5%*1.31=6.55%

I dont know if that value gets rounded up or down tho.

Thanks for the guide and good luck in the new league :)

Edit: Forget my last point. I read JohnNamikazes post, +7% max res with PoF is achievable :P.

Hello, yes the calculator was not correct again because people keep messing around with it. I deleted the messed up page, put a backup and set it to download only. You can download the spreadsheet and edit it locally.

WRT to maximum fire resistance:
- 10% from level 23 pof with 100+ aura/buff nodes
- 1% from corrupted chest
- 4% from tree
- 8% from rise of the phoenix

Total: 98% fire resistance

In fact I'm leveling a character right now to achieve this :)

"
gathor wrote:
I've been planning righteous fire build for a while now, mostly to boost spell damage with pain attunement on low life. My planned total fire resist would consist of:

10% Purity Of Fire:

- 78% Increased Aura Effect
- 24% Buffs on you
Making it total 102% for 5% Purity Of Fire. Voidbringer gloves with lvl 20 Purity Of Fire and Level 3 Empower for lvl 23% PoF.

4% from skill tree
8% From Rise of the Phoenix.

Total 97% Fire Resist.

Please correct me if I am wrong, if I am not this is one awesome resist:)

Hello, you're not wrong :)
This patch for RF gives the opportunity to get more damage mitigation but less life/damage

"
HellGauss wrote:
@OP Thanks for this guide!

However the formula of damage taken is not clear.... could you please clarify with an example?

Suppose that you have 1000 life and 1000 ES, and 100 life regen/sec. Zero fire-resistance and zero buff. After you cast RF, what should happen in practice? How much times it take to go to 1HP?

Thanks!

Hello, the formula is clear you just haven't bothered calculating it :)

For your example:
Spoiler

Life regeneration = a (100)
Fire resistance = b (0)
Increased buff effect = c (0)

RF life damage in % = ((90 * (1+c/100)) * (1-(b/100))) - a
RF ES damage in % = ((70 * (1+c/100)) * (1-(b/100))) - a

RF life damage in % = ((90 * (1+0/100)) * (1-(0/100))) - 10 = 80% damage taken from life
RF ES damage in % = ((70 * (1+0/100)) * (1-(0/100))) - 0 = 70% damage taken from ES

Total = 150% damage per second. It will take 2/3 of a second to go to 1HP

Edit: updated op

My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Last edited by Necropotence on Mar 17, 2014, 5:29:56 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
CptQaoz wrote:

My value is based from a lvl 20 PoF.

4 * 1.54 (without Inner Force) ~= 6.16 = 6
4 * 1.75 (with it) = 7

That is why I said without Inner Force I have 93% max fire res, and 94% if I do.

Ah ok. I somehow havent thought about the possibility that you use more aura effect/buff nodes :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info