Finally beat Atziri solo, once you know how, its not hard

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
All you need is 80+ exalts worth of gear.

How unexpected.

Nothing in ARPGs is really "hard", Atizri is more inaccessible period because after farming 5000 years for fragments unless your wealthy you don't have a shot in hell of killing her no matter how skillful you are.

Oh look, another guy who can't fathom any form of skill besides reflexes and situational awareness exist.

Here's a hint: the same guys rise to the top every 4 month league- acquiring wealth is it's self a skill(albiet it uses a very different skillset then combat- all knowledge, judgement, and ituition rather then reflexes/awareness). "Ranger" and "being required to nolife to advance" are the excuses of players who have not developed any skillset beyond clicking on skeletons until they explode.

Races, Trading, market speculation, and proper map rolling/management to allow constant farming of high level maps are plenty reliable means of acquiring wealth. The ultrarich player by and large aren't just lucky- most got there by developing these other skills. If you are skillfully enough in these other areas you'll be wealthy.

Well that and sticking to 4 month leagues if you're not already wealthy(we all know how standard is).

Anyway, done with my little rant now, just starting to get tired of people refusing to admit there exist forms of "skill" besides those tested in action/FPS games.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Mar 13, 2014, 2:43:58 AM
"
bilun wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

How unexpected.

Nothing in ARPGs is really "hard", Atizri is more inaccessible period because after farming 5000 years for fragments unless your wealthy you don't have a shot in hell of killing her no matter how skillful you are.

Oh look, another guy who can't fathom any form of skill besides reflexes and situational awareness exist.

Here's a hint: the same guys rise to the top every 4 month league- acquiring wealth is it's self a skill(albiet it uses a very different skillset then combat- all knowledge, judgement, and ituition rather then reflexes/awareness). "Ranger" and "being required to nolife to advance" are the excuses of players who have not developed any skillset beyond clicking on skeletons until they explode.

Races, Trading, market speculation, and proper map rolling/management to allow constant farming of high level maps are plenty reliable means of acquiring wealth. The ultrarich player by and large aren't just lucky- most got there by developing these other skills. If you are skillfully enough in these other areas you'll be wealthy.

Well that and sticking to 4 month leagues if you're not already wealthy(we all know how standard is).

Anyway, done with my little rant now, just starting to get tired of people refusing to admit there exist forms of "skill" besides those tested in action/FPS games.

I'm sorry...but where does RNG fall under the "skill" category? I'm asking this because I've run MANY high level maps...some good map drops while others bad. I'm not talking about anything less than 70%....or even 80%. Also, not sayin this about the OP, but many use bots to generate wealth and lvls.

tl;dr version:
Spoiler
nobody is high and mighty...only those whom have legit fun with the game
no disrespect meant...but don't speak as though anyone is better than others

to the OP: any idea of how much cold damage she deals? I've facetanked everything in game other than her...and cold resist is the only one I can't increase past 79%.
"
mondobogus wrote:
"
bilun wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

How unexpected.

I'm sorry...but where does RNG fall under the "skill" category? I'm asking this because I've run MANY high level maps...some good map drops while others bad. I'm not talking about anything less than 70%....or even 80%.

I never said every map would pay off- but the average rewards per map are pretty significant for the time investure. Yes, you may have significant dryspells of nothing important dropping- but the more valuable drops that do occasionally happen still keep the average fairly high.

People misunderstand the impact of "randomness"- it's one of the most basic principals of probability that the more random trials you run the smaller the standard deviation from the average gets. Players who can stay consistently in high level maps and are rolling those maps well will see significant average progression over time. Over a sufficiently large number of trials, average results are basically completely dependable(that's why insurance companies have historically been consistently profitable in the real world).

The hard part is having good enough judgement to make maximal use of currency when rolling maps- a skill vital both to STAY in high level maps without wasting more currency then necessary. Most people aren't- so they just blame ranger.

"

Also, not sayin this about the OP, but many use bots to generate wealth and lvls.

Absolutely true unfortunately. I never said no one circumvented the skill requirement- I merely stated that a sufficiently skilled player could use several existing frameworks in the game to acquire wealth.
"

tl;dr version:
Spoiler

"High and mighty" is an extremely skewed way to state it- it implies we're talking about social equality, which I wasn't. There are however players more skilled at various aspects of the game. And frankly this is a hardcore game: those who rise above the norm in whatever skillsets the game encourages get rewarded, and those who do not stall out at some point until they up their game. That's just how the genre works in a non-PvP setting.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
mondobogus wrote:
"
bilun wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

How unexpected.

I'm sorry...but where does RNG fall under the "skill" category? I'm asking this because I've run MANY high level maps...some good map drops while others bad. I'm not talking about anything less than 70%....or even 80%. Also, not sayin this about the OP, but many use bots to generate wealth and lvls.

tl;dr version:
Spoiler

to the OP: any idea of how much cold damage she deals? I've facetanked everything in game other than her...and cold resist is the only one I can't increase past 79%.

She has 0 cold damage skills.

she has two forms of thunder, the fire dmg one with red hue animation, and lightning the golden hue one.
She also has two kinds of Spear throwing which I think it is physical attack that is blockable. Those attack will let you bleed.
And lastly the Flameblast, she has the small version flame blast which does around 2000dmg to me while I have 87% resist. And the Double Huge Flame blast that I am sure if I get hit by that I am dead.(seen a video with a guy with 77% fire resist and has 9300hp, that double flameblast took 9000 of his health. which if you calculate is around 40000 raw damage with single ring, and if you stand under that TWO ring, Good luck with 80000 fire dmg.)
But ofc, I never got hit by that double flame blast because I am smart enough to run everytime she cast a spell.

All 3 stages of the map fight, doubl vaaloversoul, 3 guardian, and Atziri. Only Vaal double robot got a icy rain that is ice damage.

btw, i consider atziri herself with no chaos damage, so I can really take off my Shav's and wear a 800es 6L instead, which makes it less likely to die.
"
bilun wrote:
"High and mighty" is an extremely skewed way to state it- it implies we're talking about social equality, which I wasn't. There are however players more skilled at various aspects of the game. And frankly this is a hardcore game: those who rise above the norm in whatever skillsets the game encourages get rewarded, and those who do not stall out at some point until they up their game. That's just how the genre works in a non-PvP setting.

ok bro..ty for the respectful reply

I mainly got a lil butthurt with my recent bad luck on high end map drops AND damn d/c losses. Though I somewhat disagree with the skill still...it's totally RNG based. Someone with a crappy, but playable, build can obtain just as much, if not more, than the greatest build on the right day.

Spoiler
"The average person can beat the best warrior on the warrior's worst day" - Bruce Lee

RNG = luck....you can run 1k runs with the exact same IIR+IIR, skills, tree, stats, etc. as another player who did the exact same runs...and still come out with a lot less.

As far as skill goes...it comes down to survivability. I also don't bother with bot infested leagues...nor do I want to dedicate the time...so to each their own. I just...play :D

"
jamesho2013 wrote:

She has 0 cold damage skills.

she has two forms of thunder, the fire dmg one with red hue animation, and lightning the golden hue one.
She also has two kinds of Spear throwing which I think it is physical attack that is blockable. Those attack will let you bleed.
And lastly the Flameblast, she has the small version flame blast which does around 2000dmg to me while I have 87% resist. And the Double Huge Flame blast that I am sure if I get hit by that I am dead.(seen a video with a guy with 77% fire resist and has 9300hp, that double flameblast took 9000 of his health. which if you calculate is around 40000 raw damage with single ring, and if you stand under that TWO ring, Good luck with 80000 fire dmg.)
But ofc, I never got hit by that double flame blast because I am smart enough to run everytime she cast a spell.

All 3 stages of the map fight, doubl vaaloversoul, 3 guardian, and Atziri. Only Vaal double robot got a icy rain that is ice damage.

btw, i consider atziri herself with no chaos damage, so I can really take off my Shav's and wear a 800es 6L instead, which makes it less likely to die.

awesome ty for the info

Based on what you've said...I can tank her np as long as I move away at the right times to heal as needed (and I have 93% FR if I so happen to get hit with flameblast). Some time I hope to have the opportunity.

anyway grats on your kill :D
Last edited by mondobogus on Mar 13, 2014, 6:28:48 AM
"
bilun wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

How unexpected.

Invasion is for path of ranged / spellcaster / misc non melee builds. Melee cannot compete anymore in this hc league. Don't try to argue with this, just look at the ladder.

And you basically just went full retard. The top players are no lifers who bot and rmt and jsp to high hell, I mean they have full rare item shops and tons of currency a couple days after, sometimes day 2. You are either ignorant or naive about this fact.

Also love how you tried to imply you dont need to be a nolifer, and went on to describe the nolifer activities the top ladder guys do. Just brilliant!
Lol. I love the "its not that hard" subject.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info