Xavderion wrote:
"
lithiumjack wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

[CRINGING INTENSIFIES]

Deported for frame.

Edit
Don't assume you know anything about me by my choice of words, and don't presume to judge me for those assumptions. Richard Smoker. :)

Frame war?
"
lithiumjack wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
all life nodes were nerfed stap QQ baby crying

No they were not, and that is not the point of this post.

stap qq-baby-can't-comprehend-crying
''

all i hear is waaaaaa waaaahhhh
"
lolbam wrote:
"
lithiumjack wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
all life nodes were nerfed stap QQ baby crying

''

That's because all you type is "...waaaaaa waaaahhhh". Perhaps you should get on topic, before you get probated?
"
Natharias wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
"
lithiumjack wrote:

''

That's because all you type is "...waaaaaa waaaahhhh". Perhaps you should get on topic, before you get probated?

Not worth it.

True QQ
Thank you for the new, lovely community, Steam.

Ok, here is everything made clear, since OP was fairly nebulous. Disclaimers included for all of you non-constructive types.

The point of this post is that conceptually speaking, this set of changes (yes, changes, not nerfs) makes Marauder fall shy of what it was supposed to be. (literally speaking, over the last two years playing this game, I had "supposed" that Marauder was the healthy0armory type of class.)

It should be, roughly, from squishy to deathproof:

Witch
Shadow
Ranger
Scion
Duelist
Templar
Marauder

(Don't go getting all pedantic on me about that order, unless your argument makes my point wrong or moot.)

As it stands now, there is only -one- reason to be a Marauder, or to be in the Marauder area of the PST: Righteous Fire.

There's your build diversity, for ya. That's my true complaint.

(I have and have had characters that use RF, this is not a post bashing RF.)

Also the 2% leech passive in mara is damn near useless now. Should be bumped to 5% with these ridiculous leech changes.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
lithiumjack wrote:
Not worth it.

True QQ
Thank you for the new, lovely community, Steam.

Ok, here is everything made clear, since OP was fairly nebulous. Disclaimers included for all of you non-constructive types.

The point of this post is that conceptually speaking, this set of changes (yes, changes, not nerfs) makes Marauder fall shy of what it was supposed to be. (literally speaking, over the last two years playing this game, I had "supposed" that Marauder was the healthy0armory type of class.)

It should be, roughly, from squishy to deathproof:

Witch
Shadow
Ranger
Scion
Duelist
Templar
Marauder

(Don't go getting all pedantic on me about that order, unless your argument makes my point wrong or moot.)

As it stands now, there is only -one- reason to be a Marauder, or to be in the Marauder area of the PST: Righteous Fire.

There's your build diversity, for ya. That's my true complaint.

(I have and have had characters that use RF, this is not a post bashing RF.)

Actually, Marauder is worse for RF compared to just about anything else. The nodes there are that useless.

However, yes, that's the best reason to be a Marauder right now, and that's sad. Very sad.
Last edited by Natharias on Mar 12, 2014, 10:14:15 PM
Well, Aren't you Special. Oh wait. That's me.
"
Special wrote:

*fights urge to check post history*
"
lithiumjack wrote:
"
Special wrote:

*fights urge to check post history*

ROFL
I for one love the changes tot he marauder starting area. Nolonger is basically the only path a completely linear road with just about everything that matters on it. There are actually appealing things that you actually have to choose between. Not to mention spreading out the goodies means the decision for other classes abotu whether to hit up the marauder start area is now more complicated then "Do I have enough points to go deep down that one path with pretty much everything nearby that matters on it"? A fairly cheap investment can allow you to get the one or two things your build really needs from the area rather then just being appealing to builds with enough points left over to get the whole bundle of general-use stats.

I will agree they could have made a few of the nodes a bit better though- I love the design, but the numeric implementation could have been better. Mostly more life nodes are needed- Mauraders are the "pure STR" class- they should have some of the best access to life nodes.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Mar 13, 2014, 2:26:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info