Thought I'd Let Everyone Know

"
Kenzorz wrote:
Was just playing around with the offline skill tree and here's what I found:

Not counting damage/life hybrids:

Marauder area: 96% life and 74% armour.
(I took the life starter route, the armour and life just next to reduced critical damage taken, and the 2 clusters near blood magic.)

Templar area: 90% life.

Shadow: 104% life.

So while the Marauder area doesn't have as much life as you would think but he gets a quite a bit of free armour but then...

Ranger: 100% life, 108.4% evasion rating and 1% life regen... not even counting Thick Skin just directly under the starting area... >_>

I think GGG should've just said the following:

We think Marauder is played too much so we're making them the weakest life start so our players make non-Marauders.
"
Natharias wrote:
I didn't think I had to mention these, but you obviously haven't even seen a Righteous Fire build.

I stopped reading there (with a lol), only to skim the rest. You obviously haven't checked Scion or Mara forums lately.

1: Any discussion about ES builds is off topic.
2: Marauder can get ALL of the nodes Scion and Templar can just as easily...you don't start RF normally before lvl65 (Rise of the Phoenix) anyway
3: my tree

So...show me a build (HP based...stay on topic) that Scion and Templar can do that you think Marauder can't , then I will show you one that's = or >

yes my build has less regen than you've stated...but I could have easily gotten more....just like Scion or Templar...but I opted out for my own liking.

I do just fine with my build with only 7.9% regen (more while running Vitality).
"
mondobogus wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
I didn't think I had to mention these, but you obviously haven't even seen a Righteous Fire build.

I stopped reading there (with a lol), only to skim the rest. You obviously haven't checked Scion or Mara forums lately.

1: Any discussion about ES builds is off topic.
2: Marauder can get ALL of the nodes Scion and Templar can just as easily...you don't start RF normally before lvl65 (Rise of the Phoenix) anyway
3: my tree

So...show me a build (HP based...stay on topic) that Scion and Templar can do that you think Marauder can't , then I will show you one that's = or >

yes my build has less regen than you've stated...but I could have easily gotten more....just like Scion or Templar...but I opted out for my own liking.

I do just fine with my build with only 7.9% regen (more while running Vitality).

I was getting off topic? Huh. I guess I'll converse with someone who will show respect by not lying.
"
Natharias wrote:
I was getting off topic? Huh. I guess I'll converse with someone who will show respect by not lying.

wow dude...where does the OP mention ES?

respect? then calling me a liar?

show me a tree like I said

EDIT: also I DID mention Scion and Templar are better for ES builds :P
Last edited by mondobogus on Mar 13, 2014, 6:01:48 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
mondobogus wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Actually, Marauder is worse for RF compared to just about anything else. The nodes there are that useless.

come back with proof, otherwise I can prove the EXACT opposite

lvl85
6.2k hp
armor 16.7k
FR 92%

not even scion can compare WITHOUT OP gear...and i don't have OP gear

If anything, Marauder now has a LOT of better to nodes start with compared to Templar and Scion (pertaining to RF mainly). Even for a non-RF build, +1 to max resist with regen + armor + life all around the area, wtf is anyone complaining about? What's harder to get...resists...or max resists? At endgame, how much does 1% resist matter? If your answer is "not a lot" then you might as well stop there.

Now look a Scion start node vs Marauder for RF build. That's a big difference as you upgrade gear late game. I know you can argue ES build (Witch ans Scion mainly)...but then you also argue with more uniques required...for not much difference in damage OR ability to tank.

So you want to argue life % nodes nerf? How many total are near Marauder area (hint...look a lil south-west too)? Now look at Witch, Scion, Shadow, Templar, Ranger (did I miss any?)...now count the nodes to the increased life % total (not to mention armor increased) once all are taken...and total count of points used.

I'd also like to note: even before the tree change I used a regen tank to level to RF ability. My main skill was Spectral Throw or Double Strike (defendant on mob location). even though i dealt less damage compared to build based on such skills, NOTHING could kill me! I could even AFK and let my CwDT deal the damage...regen is awesome like that. With the changes, Marauder = supreme compared to what I had to work with.

so even in standard...after say...lvl84...how much is a lvl75+ map worth?..and how much do you put into it?...so 1 death in Merc = how much loss (based on how much xp you gain of said map)? Not even mentioning hardcore or [insert league here].

With that said, I don't care what DPS your build does.

tired of illogical thinking...sorry for my negative post in response to a negative post lol

Marauder = OP longevity = saves currency...but I guess that's my opinion...but at least I can prove it

nuf sed and just my $.02 worth

Not "nuf sed", as that does not win arguments.

The Marauder starts off with 6% life and 6% armor nodes that are required if you go for RF. The Scion can start off with mana, life regen, or resistances. The regen is more commonly taken.

It is many times easier to get 11.5% regeneration and 250% life with a Scion or Templar than it is with a Marauder.

My build
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/share/AAAAAgABAecCcQSzBS0FWwxfDH0QfxLhFCAUTRVQFm8YkRjbGYUaVRpsHOcg8CFgJKonLyfVKPou_zWSNug26TrhPAU9_ECgROdFnUZpRtdKyE3jUEdQUFXGVw1YY1ivXcZfP2BLYSFko2h0ah5qO26qdO108XgNeqp674LHguSDOITvhTKHKYjxiq-LjIzPj0aQEZHOlKCa4J2unrmezZ_fogCiD6SsplenCKcwqBipbq1KtQS18riTu-28n768xFjGnsbYzSbPZdDQ0iHYTdpi2t3hc-Nq45_kIuvu7SDvDu988B_yL_JF8932SPno_gr-jw==/

You wanted proof? There you go.

Do not be so quick to assume that you are correct and the opposition will just sit aside.

Edit:

Also, Scion and Templar can switch between life and energy shield based RF builds, while the Marauder is stuck on life.

Energy Shield RF builds are the only ones that require a considerable amount of currency, as the only required item is very cheap. It's what, 1-3 exalts right now in standard?

Just had a look at your build. How can you say marauder is worse than templar/scion if you go for Marauder and Templar start with your scion? That basically makes them the same. You're also waisting a 10% melee node at the scion start instead of 2 strength nodes and Path of the warrior resulting in +40 strength which equals +20 life +20 life from PotW-node. (you shouldn't have problems capping your resists).

Don't take this personally I'm just curious how you can view Mara that much worse if you head for his starting area and starting node.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
mondobogus wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

wow dude...where does the OP mention ES?

respect? then calling me a liar?

show me a tree like I said

EDIT: also I DID mention Scion and Templar are better for ES builds :P

The OP didn't mention ES, but the argument was about Marauder being weak and/or less effective for a Righteous Fire build as opposed to a Marauder.

I already posted a build, so why ask for one?
"
Alros wrote:

Just had a look at your build. How can you say marauder is worse than templar/scion if you go for Marauder and Templar start with your scion? That basically makes them the same. You're also waisting a 10% melee node at the scion start instead of 2 strength nodes and Path of the warrior resulting in +40 strength which equals +20 life +20 life from PotW-node. (you shouldn't have problems capping your resists).

Don't take this personally I'm just curious how you can view Mara that much worse if you head for his starting area and starting node.

I don't look at any build for a single specific purpose since GGG likes to completely destroy and "butt-fuck" things after players find them.

For instance, if there are drastic changes that destroy a life based RF build, my Scion can easily change into an ES variant and not have much trouble. Your Marauder will have just about no use, unless you make him something different from RF.

Until GGG stops screwing with our skill trees, I don't see how any one start will be better for a single build, especially when it can go life or ES.
"
Natharias wrote:
The OP didn't mention ES, but the argument was about Marauder being weak and/or less effective for a Righteous Fire build as opposed to a Marauder.

I already posted a build, so why ask for one?

1) Your build isn't an ES build...32% increased to ES? In fact, check out my build. I have 34% increased ES, and 296% increased life.

2) I don't see the tree on your build, only stats. Post your tree from PoE site, and not Path of PoE.

3) I already said SCION AND TEMPLAR ARE BETTER FOR ES! You're not the OP...and the discussion is about the "nerf" on Mara nodes:
"
mondobogus wrote:
For ES builds, this is where Scion shines vs Templar or Mara, since she can access the witch area more easily. Templar is a good second choice, and mara just falls off the list...but this thread is about QQ life nodes.

Any mention of ES builds after that made your argument null. You act as though an ES build is FAR superior to a life build to begin with. Well, while it may be better, you also need to take into account the cost of gear...and more specific as well (unless you don't mind dying to chaos damage bypassing ES).

Now...show me a LIFE build (just the tree is needed) that shows Scion or Templar is better than anything a Marauder can do. THEN I can show you one to prove you're wrong.
Last edited by mondobogus on Mar 14, 2014, 4:20:00 PM
Ranger should have more base life% it's completely logical and normal.

Rangers have the highest life% on the tree and this was already the case pre-marauder-change.

Rangers main defense = evasion = need high life% to tank the hits that do come true.

Marauder main defense = armor = need less hp compared to evasion base because of more overall reduction.

= logical.

In reality the marauder has more EHP then the current ranger passive side.

Just saying...

Also i find it weird people are now noticing that ranger has more life then marauder present when this has always been the case since they changed the ranger tree.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Meanwhile, here I am thinking about how op and powerful those +2% extra Max Resistances truly are...

And the potential +1% on both a Corrupted Amulet and Chest...

IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 14, 2014, 4:28:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info